Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I NEED over 15k dmg!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by whyuneedit, Jan 30, 2004.

1. whyuneedit

whyuneedit IncGamers Member

I NEED over 15k dmg!

im doin a remake of my old barb.
    My old zerker barb currently does 9.5k dmg with 293 str, 296 dex, and 160 vit. with all items and has 390% ed eth botd zerker, arreats w/a 40/15, 160/60 Max armor, stormshield, bloodfist, sandstorm trek, bladebuckle, perfect raven, and soj. he has around 2.6k life and 19k attk rating. also wears an imp brow. has 22 3/20/20s and annihulus. i was really hoping to get 15k dmg w/o psn but i duno how people do it. i got 5 more lvls to go to maxx howl and i already maxxed shout for zerk dmg and i have a lvl 10 axe mastery but my +skill makes it 16, my zerk is lvl 29 at lvl 84.

my new barb barb is at lvl 13 and im makin him all str (w/items id say over 410 str at lvl 80). about base 130 dex (w/all items makes about 225 dex which is enuff for max block), and base vitality (coz charms add alot). would that be enuff to make over 15k dmg w/o psn? im keepin the same setup as the last barb unless theres better gear to bump up the dmg. i use those items coz i want the fast hit recovery, b/c being a zerker barb i WILL get hit. what are the new faster hit recovery breakpoints anyway? and is faster block rate important also?

2. whyuneedit

might i add that i am PVP. the real concern i have with 15k dmg is that i want to be able to onehit people with 2k life, like the new pallys nowadays that use call to arms/exile. err i just want to onehit those guys

3. whyuneedit

o yea...is my attk rating gona suck with ~225 dex after all items added? hmm i realy duno

4. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Ed/Max jewels in armors are currently bugged, try getting some Ed/str jewels... at least that is AFAIK.

5. Palapk

Palapk IncGamers Member

You will get roasted in duels with ZERO defense and only about 2000life

6. whyuneedit

well its more like 2.4k life. but with my old zerker barb....i dont get roasted. i win most of them unless they usin exile. zero defense isnt as bad as you think.

7. whyuneedit

so would my old build be better then? the 296 dex gives me 10k attk rating for concentrate, which is ok isnt it? jst to switch to it incase my zerks arent connecting..

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Alright, just got your PM, lemme take a look at this here:

First off, you need to ditch that 160/60 max armor; ed/max jewels in armor/helms/shields are bugged, so they don't give the correct amount of damage anymore. You'd be better off with either Enigma, for the str bonus, or ed/str (40/9) jewels.

It might be a bit difficult to get to 15k damage with a one hander, even with berserk and massive str. You can certainly give it a try (hell, I'm going to log into my test program tomorrow morning when i get back from the office just to see if I can do it), but if you really wanna get 15k damage a lot easier, you might consider using a big, massive two-hander. Thundermauls are the highest damage weapons in the game, plus they get that 1.1% damage/str bonus, which means they're doing 10% more damage per point of str than any other weapon. With an inventory packed out with 39 3/xx/xx charms and an annihilus, you should easily get between 15-20k or more with one of those. Not having block will suck, of course, but if all you are fighting is paladins, they'll usually kill you regardless anyways.

Furthermore, definately pick up Highlord's Wrath amulet, as the huge % deadly strike will give you an excellent chance, in tandem with a mastery, to score double damage. If you find yourself lacking ar, or just wanna make sure you get that hit in, switch out your rings/amulet for the angelic set pieces, as they can add a HUGE amount to your total.

Just think that stuff over when you're deciding on your build. I usually won't build a pvp build that doesn't have max block myself, so that two-hander thing was just more of a "you might consider" type of thing.

-Hal

9. whyuneedit

since im a zerker, max block is essential. theres a program that you use? sweet. so wait ur tellin me zerker barbs suck vs pallys? my conc barb does ok against them, but it seems my zerker barb does a better job. i have a highlords wraith, but im not sure if deadly strike works for magic dmg (zerk) as well. my conc barb has all the critical strike- highlords with gore rider. i had angelic rings but i dint think i needed them so i sold them to merchant lol. so high lords would be better than imp brow?

10. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

Duped crap = yawn. Gogo highlords... why ?

DS works FINE with Berserk. Highlord's is a good ammy, with the built in 20% IAS you'll be swinging at 10 fps with your BoTD B.Axe (IIRC it's 75% IAS for 10 frame swing, I don't think you reached this since bloodfist only adds 10% IAS). That may already be an improvement (faster swing = always better).

For boots, an alternative is Gore Riders (reason being OW/DS/CB on it are extremely useful for PvP). You lose stats but gain potential damage, so try them out and see how they go.

Also, going back to your jewels. Chuck the ED/Max as said before, forget the ED/Str ones, and get ED/IAS. If you use BOTD B.Axe you need an extra 90% IAS for 8 frame swing which is FAST - 3 attacks per second is one way of thinking. If you have ED/IAS in your armour/ 10& IAS from bloodfist, you'll have 70% IAS, and combined with 20% IAS of highlord's and you're all set. I really don't think you'll be able to hit 15K damage 1-H, however, if you swing faster you're effectively going to do a lot more damage, and this always helps for PvP.

11. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Ok, let me just say this one more time.

Berzerk is not a pvp skill, PERIOD. Yes it has its uses but you will not win vs any decent melee class using berzerk. Even with 75% block any decent melee char will definately rip you a new one. Berzerk is also a very limited skill and will not work vs any ranged character (zon, sorc, necro), so I see no point in trying to make an effective pvp character out of an essentially pvm skill. Additionally any decent melee duelist has aroudn 3k life 50% dr and 75% block. EVEN WITH 20k dmg your doin around 3.333~k dmg after the pvp penalty which is around 1600 after 50% dr and will hit 1 out of 4 hits assuming you break through theire 30k+ defense every time. And with the rate that a zealot can achieve lifetap they will leech all that life back (being that you have 0 defense) in the few seconds it takes for you to get in your next hit.

12. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

Berserk cannot be resisted by PDR% since it's magic damage. That's the only reason why one would consider it for PvP. Though having said that, I mostly agree with the rest of your points.

13. whyuneedit

well i guess i found my answer. but jst to make sure, ill wait to see wut hal finds out on his program. leme kno hal

14. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Yes my mistake forgot it was all magical dmg. Either way 0 defense doesn't fly.

15. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Guess you have never tried hardcore dueling then.Zerk rips through any char class.Im dealing 6.5k zerk with unique zerker axe and at 9fps with 95% deadly,im doing 13k dmg almost every hit.Thats around 2.1k dmg per hit.

16. whyuneedit

how do u get 95% deadly strike???

17. Kaozu9

Kaozu9 IncGamers Member

Unqiue zerker has 66% ds built in, he probably is using highlords, so that's about 96% if he's very high level. If he wears gores instead of rare boots/war traveler, he can get 100% ds.

Oh ya, when most people talk about extremely high dmgs, 10K+, they are either using casters or have included ds.

18. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

95% is cap on ds
    I have 98% at lvl **.

19. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

Uh l2aider ur pretty off base saying zerk has no place in melee PvP. My first decent PvP barb was a zerker. Since def is not an issue (cuz its zero) you can load up on speed and IAS. Fast swing + running like a mofo can be dangerous in the hands of someone who knows what they r doing. I used to chase down ww barbs, run just as they would ww and try and anticipate there end point. If I got it right (easy to get at least 50% of the time) they would come out of their ww and BAM, zerked. It's damage is insane. Even for barbs with over 5k life, it only takes 2-3 zerks. And thats at most, my zerk was only 7-8k.

20. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

l2aider does have a point though. 0 defence against MELEE classes is a very big hole that your opponents can exploit. Hard hitting fast attack classes like Smiters, heck, even Fury werewolves can give you a serious run for your money if you're not careful. eg Doom/Exile smiters, chances are you probably won't even come close to killing them =/