Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need kicker dueling help!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by egervari, Mar 22, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

I need kicker dueling help!

Hi, I need kicking dueling help! You see, either I blow the living crap out of them because they are really crappy players, or they blow the crap out of me. I haven't found one opponent that was actually evenly matched. You see, though, it's not any particular class that I'm dying to, I just think I'm being out matched equipment-wise. However, my gear isn't that pothetic and even some of the guides here are using very similar stuff that I am, so... I dunno what the problem is. This is my setup:

helm: um'd 10/29 andy visage, but then i started using my 2soc/29 resist coa (dr is kind of irrelevant, you'll see)
    weapon: flesh ripper, dunno what to socket in it
    shield: um stormshield
    belt: 39/15 verdungos
    boots: upgraded gores, 2/24 shadow dancers
    gloves: draculs
    rings: dual leech, attack rating and raven frost
    ammy: highlords
    armor: lionheart boneweave
    charms: lots of fhr, life and 6 ma grand charms

I went up against this barb, and he just ww me to death. It seems that blocking doesn't even work, and I have max block (220 dex, which is A LOT for my level 83). He was only level 81 too. Sure, he was using botd berserker, but I should still be able to block. He hit me with poison damage and 2 ww and I just die. I don't even really get a chance to flight or talon him. When I do, I can manage to get him down to 1/4 life, but once he start's wwing, it's game over for me. He was even offering suggestions, like, "upgrade those goreriders, or use chaos claw", but they were upgraded and I think the fleshripper is even better.

Resists are also a problem. I guess I need TONS of resists or I have to double um that coa that I have to get to 59. Even then, I'll be weak when it comes to poison unless I use the andys.

Oh, and there was this foh. I absolutely wrecked him the first time, just because I got him into some kind of stun lock with mind blast and fast kicks, but every battle after that his foh killed me with a single hit. It wasn't even fair.

IK barbs? No problem. They are a bunch of newbs so they do very quickly. Sorcs? Very easy. I beat on a sorc with 10k blizzard in under 5 seconds. Traps? Depends if I'm dumb and tele into them or not. But mostly it's that ungodly ww!!

Please help.

2. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

ww barbs are amonsgt the ahrdest for a pure kicker. The most important things is NOT TO RUN! allways walk when dueling.

Dflight is probably as useful as dtalon versus barbs as they can ww out of dtalon lock quite easily...use a hit and run technic to set of ow and avoid the whirls.

C-Beat

3. InfiniteWisdom

InfiniteWisdom IncGamers Member

Are you kidding? Pathetic? Huh? The gear I use on my Kick Asn is FAR worse than yours. Thats pretty much the best gear I've seen for any one character.

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

I think he just lacks technics...

C-Beat

5. abaddon

abaddon IncGamers Member

I dont think you have a chanse vs foh-er pala .... but ... if you want to have - go with c/c build - if they cant kill you in a single hit then you will probably have no problems to kick their a**es

And ... about your weapon - why dont you try with a Um-ed or Eth-ed Azurewrath (awsome Cold % Magic dmg) ....

6. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

vs FoHer Paladins, stack your resists as best as you can, and use traps + mb to trap him and prevent him from FoHing. A 4 Ptopazed shield will go a long way [160% LR]. Keep him on the run without time to cast FoH, and you should have an advantage. Also shadow maybe useful to soak up some hits.

Eth does not work in PvP as ITD anymore, it's halved in reducing defense, so 1 eth = -12.5% def

Okay, to the original poster:
    1) Your gear is far from inferior, of course you can definately improve on it, but you're well enough equipped to be in the same league as BoTD weilding characters, only thing you need to add is skill from repeated ***-whuppings.

have you tried reading eclpsk's... it's not up there anymore... try the strategy compendium. anyways, for ww barbs, you need to walk, keep them stunlocked, df in dtalon, and run. get your hits in when you can, but dont slug it out vs them. open wounds + venom helps

i would suggest more resists [max in hell] and just overall more dueling experience, dont give up!

7. egervari

Okay, I improved on my gear a bit after some more mfing and trading for betting things. Here is what I got:

helm: 2/23/15 Crown of ages 'UmUm'
    weapon: flesh ripper, still unsocketed
    shield: um stormshield
    belt: Thundergod's Vigor (vs. Foh, and don't really need pdr anymore)
    boots: upgraded gores, 2/24 shadow dancers
    gloves: 10/15/8 draculs
    rings: 78 attack rating, 6% mana leech, 14 strength, 39 life, 76 mana, 9 to all resists rare ring (woot!) and raven frost
    ammy: 35% metalgrid (read that deadly strike doesn't work anyway..)
    armor: lionheart boneweave
    charms: lots of fhr, life and 6 ma grand charms

I just decided to bite the bullet and pay an soj for that crown of ages, then I just put 2 um in it. I can say that with the metalgrid and crown of ages, my resists are much better now and I don't need fade, but I'll probably use fade anyway against conviction users (if that helps).

Now I gotta practice some more and see if the modifications help a bit. I'll let you know how it works out.

8. abaddon

abaddon IncGamers Member

I am not saying that the Eth-bug is still working but -12,5% def will help against enemies with huge def (palas, babas) - 12,5% of ~15K is about -2K def ...

9. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

Improovements to be made. First of all you need to get your kick damage beyond 1,6k unless it isn't already there.

Substitute crown of ages with Andariels Visage (don't start nagging now, andariels IS better vs. all melee chars) socket it with a nice jewel that has +strength/+ed/+fire res to compensate for the loss of fire ress.

Switch out fleshripper for an azurewrath, the extra unresistible magical damage is awesome and it is the best weapon (as is chaos). Another option versus high defense chars is a -150% Defense phase blade (socketed 6*eth) It reduces opponents defense with -75% and combined with 16k+ AR this should get your hits in more often.

Amulet switch for a +2 Sin >30 stats amulet. Metalgrid is nice vs. high defense chars but really, angelic ring+amy is better for the AR issue.

Charms should be 10*Ma charms + 1 annihilus.

When facing barbs be VERY careful, dont flight them right now. Make sure yuo have a stun lock on them before you start kicking, you will loose anytime without a stunlock.

Another option which is IMO dirt cheap is a life tap charges wand/dagger and use that on the barb, this should make you able to leech back what you loose. But do remember barbs and ww sins (just to mention other ww'ers) are some of the most dangerous and hard opponents you'll face.

10. egervari

Okay, I'll put back the andy's visage then and keep the coa present against casters. What should I socket into the azurewrath then, eth rune? It's going to be hard to find a ed/strength/fire res jewel on ladder. Even if someone just happens to have one and they are smart, they are going to want a lot for that :/

11. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

I would recommend an Um rune for azure wrath for an extra 25% OW.. OW works wonders :)

Well a jewel with just some of the mods would be great too, if you're using coa vs. casters anyway you wont have to worry alot about fire resistances vs. melee duellers..