Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need Itunes/Ipod Help!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by diablo loves donutz, Oct 4, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

I need Itunes/Ipod Help!!!

Hi guys. Well, I finally got my Ipod this Sunday. It was just what I wanted, the 30 gig black Ipod, very slick. I've gotten a few cds loaded up on to it, but I still need a lot of help, and where better to ask?

My first question is how do I load up photos on my Ipod? I know you have the ability to, but when I load up Itunes I see the music, movies, shows, but no where for me to load up pics. Why is there not a feature where I can simply import it in from a file?

My second question is a little more complicated. My dad has a nano. He has a few albums on it that I'd love to put on mine, but he bought them off Itunes. Is there any way I can use his Itunes to load it on to mine or vice versa (My Itunes with his Ipod)

Question 3:Uhhh....Was my Ipod suppossed to come with an installation cd? All I got, in terms of installation for itunes, was a little piece of paper with a website where I downloaded it from.

Question 4: How much space do movies/shows take up? It never really mentions how much space a movie/show takes up. Also, would it be possible to save space by buying all the movies/shows you want, but keeping them in your library and syncing only the ones you want to see at that time?

Question 5:What's a good case for my Ipod? I don't want a huge clunky case, but I also don't want one of those useless plastic coverings or what ever. Can anyone reccommend something that will protect my Ipod, while still maintaining it's size?

Well I hope some of my questions get answered and I thank those who took the time to read and help.

-Donutz

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Read the manual, it explains most of that in good detail.

Is your dad's stuff on a different computer? If so you have to transfer the files to your computer and then have him put in his password so you can play them on your computer/iPod.

The install CD is iTunes/Quicktime, you probably already had those.

The size of a file is listed in iTunes, you can right click on the metadata bar(The one that says Name, Time, Genre, etc) and add the size column. Or you can select a song and hit Crtl+I. The exact space depends on a lot of things, length, encoding method, type of video, resolution, etc.

Turn on manual syncing(in the iPod preferences) to pick and choose what get loaded.

I like western pacific cases, they are fairly small but protect well.

Oh and it's iPod not Ipod.

3. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Ugh you really messed this up. You're just supposed to say 'RTFM' and be on your way.

4. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I figured 95% of these forums wouldn't get that, so I didn't bother.

5. diablo loves donutz

Well if the manual is supposed to be somewhat like a book, it never came with one nor did it come with a cd...what's going on...

Edit:And I got it from Target and it was in the box and everything just to let you know.

6. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

1. IIRC, you need to assign a folder on your hard-drive as your 'pics-folder', and iTunes will sync it with your iPod. Not too sure, I've succesfully put pics on my Pod the first time I used it and never since.

2. You can plug your iPod into his iTunes and upload stuff from it, no trouble at all. Just make sure the auto-update feature is turned off, otherwise you'll lose all of your stuff and end up with all of his. Music-wise, obviosuly. ;)

3. Mine came with a CD qwith iTunes on it, that was all. So if you DL the program, you won't miss anything, I think.

4. No idea. Probably quite big I suspect, but I never watch vids on my iPod since the battery seems to run out very quickly.

5. I don't use a case myself, so I'm not an expert. I know you have special 'socks' for your iPod, which don't add anything to the size, and some of my friends use the rubbery cover, which seems to work quite well and is also not particularly big in size.

7. diablo loves donutz

Thank you for the help pitboss, I appreciate it a lot. I'll try and get my dad's songs tonight, hopefully, and I'll keep you updated.