Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need Help With my Ik build

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by SkylineFanatic, Mar 21, 2004.

1. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

I need Help With my Ik build

I really need help....

Heres how my barb will look at about lvl 80......

187 str.
    20 dex.
    Every other points go into vit.
    10 energy

20 B.O.
    20 Shout
    20 WW
    20 Mace Mastery
    1 Berserk
    1 Battle Command
    1 Incr. Speed
    1 Iron Skin
    1 Nat Res.

Prequstics:

1 Bash
    1 Leap
    1 Stun
    1 Leap Attack
    1 Concentrate

1 Howl
    1 Incr. Stamina

Gear:

Full Ik
    Angelic Combo (rings & ammy)

OR

Full Ik
    Highlords & 2 x RavenFrost IF i put points into dex

All Opinions on this are worth posting

Thanx :howdy:

2. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

II used to use the angelic rings/ammy and yes it helped. But I use a demon limb on my second weapon for the 20% ar boost which gets me a little less than 80% to hit (plus a +3 warcries). Then I used Atma's scarab as the ammy because it is so common and my rings are all high prismatic rings to get my resists up to 75 and fhr plus big str adders.

So while I don't have my bo at 35 like some guys do, I still have a decent amount of life.

I would pump some more into iron skin.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i didn't use demon limb because ik armor already has enchant. i didn't test it, but i'm pretty sure one will overwrite the other.

5 pts in nat res + boosts from ik will give max resists in hell (only way to get higher would be to wear an item that replaces one of the ik set, thus losing the +50 all res set bonus.)

set gives 650 ar + enchant. having mace mastery boosts it to 7k, 7.5k after enchant, which gives around 75% to hit in hell. worked fine for me, but you might want to use ar boosting rings. it's pretty easy to find rares with leech/ar.

highlords is a good idea. you can get the +1 skills from angelic set, but highlords frees up a ring slot. i didn't need the deadly strike though as i get a lot of crit strike and crushing blow already. no normal hell monster took more than 2-3 hits.

ravenfrost is ok, but ik gives half freeze anyway, and i didn't notice it much. freeze lasted under 2 secs generally, except for death nova freezes.

there's not much you can add to the set. leech, dex, res, ar, is all taken care of already.

the only problems i had were with mana burn mobs, and rings/ammy can't do anything about them anyway. i guess bk rings and any decent +2 skills ammy would be the best possible addition.

4. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

Oh Yah i forgot to say what i was gonna use for my secondary weapons..
    I was gonna use Demon Limb to enchant for more ar and the.... im not sure this is the right one.. ill look it up but i think its called the diggler dirk or somthign like that, ill use that for the find pot skill it adds, incase i run out of pots and i need some on short notice.
    I need help deciding whether i should have angelic the whole way through OR highlords and 2 ravens if i add dex and IF i should put any dex at all :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

5. Superhal

my titan ik didn't need/use dex.

6. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

Titan?

Where would u get ur dex? angelic? if so....

Its kinda a waste of rings and ammy.... The highlords adds +1 and critical strike. which is soo good it also adds +20 ias

Rings,.... u can use mebe some steal
    :sleep:

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Don't keep demon limb on your switch, just leave it in the stash, and when you get ready to go into the field, equip it, cast enchant, then put it back in the stash. You can cast that spell in town.

Likewise, the best weapons for the switch are echoing weapons, for the shout/bo/bcom boosts, or dual HotO if you're really rich.

Do NOT put points into dex. The only reason to put dex on a barb is to meet eq requirements or to obtain max block; otherwise, it is useless, since it gives pitiful AR returns. You can easily get between 10-26k+ ar between the set itself and other items like angelic pieces, charms, and demon limb.

-Hal

8. Superhal

dex: didn't need, as i posted earlier.

highlords: you already get crit strike from mace mastery, + crushing blow from the maul. you cannot stack these, so anything over 100% added together is wasted. off-weapon ias is also wasted on a ww barb. if it achieves another bp on zerk/conc, then it's ok.

leech: i do so much damage, i leech well enough from the inherent alone. this may or may not be the case for non-titans, but i think i can get by without anything added.

9. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

Ok So Full IK & Anglic combo is good right? u dotn really need more..

Thanx u guyz :thumbsup:

10. Superhal

try both and tell us. i just lost my angelic ammy to a game crash (AGAIN) so i can't do it.

11. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Wait, are you saying like, if you had 66% ds and 50% cb, that would be a waste? I don't believe that's right, since it's a seperate check for each; if it fails the first ds check, it tries cb, and same for cs. Maybe you were meaning having over 100 in any one in particular?

-Hal

12. Superhal

nope, they don't stack. there's a check for each in turn, once you get a success, there's no further checks.

that's why ds and crushing were useless in .09, crit strike was bugged at 100%

13. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

oh oh oh, I see what you were saying now, sorry, i wasn't thinking of it from that perspective, I've gotcha now. It's still over 100 per skill though; as in, if you had 80% ds and 60% crushing, that's ok, since if it failed the ds check, it would try the crushing. Regardless, I had thought that DS and CB capped at 95% (at least the paladin forum used to make out like ds capped at 95 back in 1.09). I also wouldn't mind knowing the check order, as whichever one is checked last could be 100% regardless.

-Hal

14. Superhal

yep i did some more thinking on the throne, over 100% total is not useless:

all hits = 100%
    50% crit = 50% fail
    50% ds = 50% of 50% = 25%
    50% crushing = 50% of 25% = 12.5%

my setup is something like:
    20% crit = 80% normal
    75% crushing = .80 X .75 = 20% normal

so, if you had 100% crushing blow for example, it would only have a chance of coming out on 80% of the hits (those where crit strike was not triggered) so anything added is wasted.

[edit] regarding max, i think they aren't capped. stats forum is pretty sure about that.

15. Superhal

however:

boggle, so this means that crushing blow will stack with ds/crit! this would explain a lot about why my zerk kills so many things in one hit with low damage.

16. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Yes that explanation of crushing blow seems right. Deadly strike and crushing blow do work well together (my zealot pally can attest to that).