Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need help with MF

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ash Housewares, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I need help with MF

Most of my characters were deleted by blizzard, but alot of MF gear survived and I'm wondering what would be a good character to use them on that would be capable of running both the pit and killing my good buddy Meph

atm I have a hammerdin in pit and a frenzy barb in durance, all my sorcs are dead :(

what do I have?
    2x schaefers
    2x eth zod'd bartucs
    wiz
    shako
    enigma
    rhyme grim shield
    40% chances
    47% war travs
    2x 30% nagels
    goldwrap
    15% tal belt
    tal armor (ptpz)
    ali baba
    gaze (ber)
    arreats
    shafts (ber)
    storm
    doombringer
    eaglehorn
    buriza 199
    bunch of MF charms

and some other crap

seems like plenty stuff, but it is all I've got left and I don't want to have multiple MFers I want one versatile one, I'm thinking of outfitting my schaefer barb, any thoughts? I will have to strike a balance between survivability and MF but I would hate to have to alternate gear from pit to meph, what do you guys do? I'm a .09er lost in a 1.10 world and I need to hear from y'all

thanks a bunch!

my past MFers include
    ww barb
    hydra sorc
    javazon
    hammerdin
    frenzy barb

if you're wondering who I'm experienced with

2. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Hmm i was under the impression that u stopped playing....no matter great to have the legendary ash back in the game. I currently have a chain lighting/orb sorc that can run the pits/meph easily. There is a sticky for it over in the sorc forum by monk I believe. Anyways I followed it for the most part and she turned out great and so that's what I'd recommend. Hope everything goes well for ya and good luck with the mfing :).

3. Ash Housewares

I did stop, thats why all my stuff got deleted :D

I'll go check out the sorc forum, hadn't given sorc alot of consideration but I could give it a go, thanks for the input!

4. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

try a meteorb sorc too. i heard those are good for pit runs. guide is in strategy compendium or sorc stickies.

5. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Hammerdin, all the way, Hammerdin, they a versitile in all situations, and very viable, they have great def. with holy shield, and if you get a good def merc from act 2, put gaze, shaft, ariocs on him, you are practicily invisible.

Brother has one, these are the runs he does -

Andy
    Trav
    Meph
    Diablo
    Baal
    Pits

Only down side is, its kinda slow, but it pays off in the end, he can kill very quickly, do to the fact hes easily doing 8.5k hammers

Just a suggestion :thumbsup:

6. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Ash,

Your hammerdin will work fine for the pits or meph. My personal favorite multi-mfer is a strafeazon. She cleans the pits in record time, annihilates shenk, eldritch, pindle and thresh socket, and completely dismembers andariel and meph. In my opinion, she is the most versatile mfer around. Hammerdin is great too, but you will find him to be a little slow in the pits, unless you really sacrifice mf for fcr. For bosses though, he does very well.

ANother thing you need to know, is that the pits are just plain easy as hell. There are no dual-immunes, no poison immunes, and no physical immunes. There are a TON of chars who can run the pit successfully, because it is so easy. For a pure mepher (maybe after you build your wealth a little) a blizzard sorc just cannot be beat these days.

Anyway, if I were you I would probably just outfit a hammerdin as best you can. You already have shako, enigma, travs, charms, chances. You can easily get the rest of what you would need for him with a little trading. Did you build him in 1.1? If not, you're gonna have to remake, as the synergies have boosted hammers a ton.

Anyway, GL and happy hunting,

Mith
    (Mithrandiro on USWEST)

7. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

hammerdin man. His hammer is unresistable and damage is godly. With enigma he will beat even sor on mfing. So hammer all the way :)

8. Ash Housewares

ok, then I'll update my hammerdins status, he's lvl77 in act2 hell, so he ain't quite to meph yet, not sure he can take a beating getting to meph the way my frenzy barb can, I always liked being invulnerable over being fast, and his merc is a barb using doombringer/tal armor/arreats

9. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

He definately needs some levels. Hammerdins are awesome killers but they also die rather easily. Once he is in his high 80's he will be an awesome MFer in any area you choose. Just keep in mind that, in 1.10, hell-Meph has about 60000000000000 hit points. :D

If you need help with leveling (and happen to play on USWest, SC Ladder) my friends and I would love to help you out. :)

10. Ash Housewares

maybe I'll bug you after finals

I've been killing meph with my frenzy schaefer barb with atmas scarab, amp & static help plenty, but I am wary of using a hammerdin on meph, especially since mine is low lvl, I would have to work my way there with pit runs

11. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I wanna turn invisible too!!! :D

12. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Your hammerdin will be able to smoke Meph and the council eventually -- they are truly awesome killers/MFers. For levels you can just baal-run with us; once we get warmed up it's impossible to die; we have a pretty awesome group. I'll happily help you quest up to that point when you are finished with your studies.

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

Ash, if you play on USWEST I can help you out. See everyone, this is an example of how diablo2 will consume...All.........

14. Ash Housewares

I'll probably turn up some time Monday if anyone wants to look me up
    *ash-housewares

on US West NL
    thanks a bunch guys

15. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well if ya need items. Ive got spare. *th5418 . go figure eh!

16. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

Well Iam having a lot of fun and luck with my "dentist" necro he can do any area lvl with no problem ,[theres no inmunes to theet and bone spear he he]
    and a fairly "cheap" build.And by the way thats a fine picture of Emiliano Zapata :thumbsup:

17. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Ash wat are you going to do for your 10,000th post??

18. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

Break open a 1/5 and lets have a party :yep:

Anyways, just an idea :thumbsup:

19. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I'll add my 2 cents as well.

Hammerdin all the way really. The only small problems with a hammerdin are :

1 Tight enclosed spaces...the hammers don't work too well.(The Maggot Lair is an example.)

2 There is only one monster type that is immune from hammers, in act 3 I doubt you'll run into them.

If you are planning on re building from scratch, don't waste points.(I bet you already know that..)

*bashes Ash in the lip*

20. toader

toader Banned

Didnt read alot of the replies so sorry if this has been said already...

But for all around MFer, I would go with a pure blizzard sorc with a lvled merc.

The ONLY area in the game you wont be FAST at (she can do it, just not fast) is the Pits. And instead of the pits, you can run the mausoluem (equivalent to pit running). She will drop all bosses but baal in about 5-8 seconds, and baal will fall in about 15 seconds. With the merc and some teleporting/static skills you will be able to kill cold immunes with no loss of killing speed for the most part.