Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i need help... someone??

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by damaris, May 18, 2005.

1. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

i need help... someone??

im using ww dualsword barb right now, he's clvl 69(will be 70 very soon), and he's in nightmare right now, doin endless of meph run. he's twinked already, and his best weapons were dual alibaba, his best armor was stealskull, and couple of nagelring. these stuffs were donated, and im very thankful of that.
    through the game, by using dual baba's and stealskull, he has managed to find better items, better stuffs, especially when he reached Act 3 in nightmare by doin meph runs.
    he's lvl 69 now and still haven't done act4 nightmare, coz im hoping that someday meph will drop an arreats face to him, although up until today, he hasn't drop one yet, but besides that he drops alot of mid-low uniques/sets (duriel shell, v.gaze, atlantean, kelpie, skullders, HoZ, lots of which i think they are quite useful).
    i kept doin it until now, but then i realize i can't doin this forever. hey.., hey.., hey... life has to be goin on, so does my barb! he can't stuck in meph nightmare forever! so i decided he have to continue his journey.
    now the problem is his gears. im thinkin like this:
    headgear: v.gaze
    armor: duriel shell
    ammy: highlord's wrath (one nice person on the forum traded this to me :clap: )
    boots: gore rider (the same nice person traded this to me :clap: )
    weapon: BK sacred charge (another nice person on the forum traded this to me :clap: ), and the atlantean (one day, i'll change this to BK tribal guardian.... one day..... one day.....)
    rings: ravenfrost and maybe a dwarfstar
    handgear: i'm planning to use venom grip (got plenty of this gloves from meph)
    belt: im thinking of string of ears

his merc is nightmare dessert warrior with offensive aura, and he's using:
    headgear: v.gaze
    armor: shaftstop
    weapon: kelpie

will this build survive in hell diff.? i need suggestions.
    and i realized that weapons range DOES effect my ww skill. since i can't find any BK tribal guardian for now(yes for now..., but i'll find it... one day!) i'm thinking about using CCBoQ right now. the question is: can i roll up a magical collosus blade/sword by using 3 chipped gems + the sword and come up with 'cruel' mode? is it possible to get the 'cruel' mode through this receipt?
    if it's impossible, then i'll continue with this atlantean sword. but if it's possible, then at this point i really need the magical collosus sword which at the moment my barb can't afford it(hey, he's in nightmare diff). so if u have one (no need to be 'cruel' tho), and would like something to trade for it, u can check my trade list in single player trading forum, choose anything u want from the trade list (but not the HoZ either the +skill GC pls....). then u can send it to [email protected]
    i'll reply with the items u have chosen from my trade list.
    and i've been talking too much today. thank you.

2. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

I think this barb can survive hell with no problem at all.

You have PDR (gaze and string), leech (gaze), resist (duriel shell), CB/OW/DS (gores and highlords), some absorv (raven and dwarfs).

The main problems yo can have with this barb is damage and attack rating. Keep all the gcs you can find with ar (>80 or so), better if they are sharp ones (+max/AR).

About the weapon, yes you can rerroll a cb to get cruel prefix. It's qlvl is higher enough. Headstriker with shael is a cheap ww weapon if nothing better drops, or a good rare. If you are rich enough rune wise, you can make a kingslayer highland blade and use it as endgame. If I don't recall badly, highland blades drop on act 5 nm and on nm cows.

Complete your resists with some charms, and change that gloves for a Laying of Hands ones, cheap and pretty efective ones (also Fire resist uber-boost).

Keep your attack rating about 7k on hell and with that gear you will not have problems.

PS: If you can't find the AR charms, use angelic amu+ring. Losing highlords and dwarf is a pain, but leech will keep you alive as you will hit more often.

3. Gouda

Gouda IncGamers Member

Hi Damaris

Your equipment looks good enough to me. Nothing absolutely godly, but you should have no problem surviving, as long as you are carefull.

In general Hell will be much harder then nightmare, so switch back to players 1, don't let your warcries run out and whirl along the side of the mobs. With some tactics you'll be fine. Just don't except to survive when whirling straight into the center of a mob.

My only real concern would be your merc weapon. Kelpie is usually used specifically for boss running, but in my opinion less usefull for normal questing. I prefer a (upgraded, ethereal) hone sundan, but if it works for you the kelpie is also fine. With leach available from the vamp gaze you should socket the hone sundan with 2 shaels for the next breakpoint.
    Also you may consider swapping armor with your merc. You have cannot be frozen from the ravenfrost, and duriels shell. your merc has none, so with the increase in elemental attacks in hell (some monsters get a small elemental component added to their attack), he may be frozen very often. Since you have the possibility to get CBF on both, take it.
    I wouldn't worry to much about your weapons, the atlantean is nice enough for now. For handgear, laying of hands is still one the best, so if you have those give it a try.

Good luck, and remember that people have made it through hell with a wirts leg as a weapon, or almost without equipment, without uniques or set items etc. So don't worry and keep going untill your at the Hell ancients. :thumbsup:

Gouda

4. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

OMG, you think HoZ is mid-low uniq!!! I have been playing since D2C and LoD come alone, and I have never seen one.

Anyway, your barb looks good, you do need to use better weapon (fast speed, more damage) once you hit hell. And make sure to get max resist.

5. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

@ deathmaster: hehe, thx. i'm flattered :p
    @ Gouda, Rugruth:
    thx for the infos guys! i checked my stash yesterday night, and i found lava gout in my stash (NM meph dropped this to me). which one is better? lava gout or laying of hands? and what is the 'x% chance to cast lvl x enchant on striking'? i used it last night, and made my swords colour turned into bloody-red!
    what else..... oh yeah. when i checked my stash, i found this rare ring with +78 mana, %3 mana leech, and other mods which i found quite good, boost my mana to 400 (after i used, BC, BO, and shout with base energy of 10 :) ) so i used it instead of dwarfstar.
    here was the situation, i continued to act 4, and surprisingly... i found it quite easy! Wow! i really didn't expect my barb would become this strong! i cleared the outer steppers, cleared the city of the damned, cleared the river of flame easily and used only 3-4 healing potions/mana potions on /players8!! the 'tweety' izual couldn't stop me, hephasto couldn't stop me, even they both couldn't stand in front of my barb longer than 1 minute!
    then i made my way go through the chaos sanctuary pretty easy-in fact, the journey from the outter steppers to the chaos sanctuary was more like joggin' in the park on saturday afternoon(i know its only in nightmare, the situation will become much more different in hell diff.)- UNTIL i found these mages called oblivion knights. they killed my barb three times using their hungus-pungus thing! :rant:
    now the question is: how to deal with these OK? i admit, i made a mistake by ww straight into the center of the mobs whose stand 2-3 OK's at their behind. maybe i should ww along the side of the mobs? or should i retreat and face them one by one?

6. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I would use laying of hand out of those.

Are you familiar with iron maiden curse of oblivion knights, those with three red firefly thingy over you head? It return a % of your OWN physical damage when you hit others, and often can be one hit kill for melee characters. Watch for those, leap right next to OK's, kill them first before worry about other mobs. Use berserk on them (you do have a point in that, don't you?), it convert all your physical damage to magic damage, thus unaffected by the curse.

7. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

ok.. ok.. watch for those three red firefly thingy, kill OK's first with berserk and dont bother the others... yap got it! thx NSXdreamer!

8. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

that damn Corax has ruined it for the rest of us! now, every time someone asks if their equipment is Hell viable, they will be told "someone made Guardian using a Wirt's Leg so your cruel toothpick of wet noodleness should be OK"

Aaaaauuuuuugggghhhhhhh