Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need help plz

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Xarxov, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

I need help plz

Hi. I am new to the sorc forums. I usually posted in paladin forums and i built a mf avenger too but i don't think he will fair as well as a sorc would. So i was wondering. What build would be the best for a sorc who would want to rush, mf and stuff AND also have maxed resists? I can nvr ever get a char to have maxed resists in hell even with all the penalties and such and i thought maybe a sorc would be able to.
    I want like an all-round good build that can take on anything maybe even pvp. I saw the guide on the archmage but i am still a bit confused. i heard that the tals set is very good for some sorc builds and what not. All i am asking is some help on what kind of sorc i should build and so on and so worth or just tell me where to look and i will. Thank you.

Xarxov

2. ChimpFarmer

ChimpFarmer IncGamers Member

I use Chain Lightning and Frozen Orb with a Defiance Merc. Works pretty well, and I use a Wizardspike as a weapon for the FCR and Resists.

Meteorb and CL/FO are probably the two main MF sorc builds out there... it all depends on your preferrance I guess.

3. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

i was kinda leaning on to like an archmage 'cause i had most fun with one in .09. And i also want a build thats kinda leaning towards the tals set. I saw a lot of ppl use this set and it looks very cool plus the mods on it are very good as well.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

assuming you are aiming for 75% in hell (sorcs tend not to use GA), you are looking at 145% (minus the quests.)

i get it with:
    19 = pdiamond in shield
    50 = smoke armor
    75 = wiz spike
    = 144. i use an all res charm for the last 1%. :)

5. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

I was thinking whether one can have maxed resists when wearing tals set and the other stuff as storm suggested in his archmage guide? And is it really important to have max block 'cause a sorc should not get hit right?

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if they added up the tal's set bonuses, you can use the same equation i did:
    145-tal's resists = how much left you have to get through other eq.

i'm gonna say go with max block. think about it like this: 75% resist means you will take 25% damage. 75% blocking means you take NO DAMAGE 3/4 of the time.

7. Xarxov

Xarxov IncGamers Member

hmmm interesting. Thank you for ur output. :)

8. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I built my first max block sorc onthe weekend, and she's now lovel 73, max block is AMAZING. It's the way to go for me for now on.