Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I Need Advice

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by xvgothicanimevx, Feb 3, 2004.

1. xvgothicanimevx

xvgothicanimevx IncGamers Member

I Need Advice

My lvl 76 sorc just died and I am just about ready to quit the game. ( I realize that lvl 76 is not that high for some of you but she was really my last hope) I'm sick of this game...so I wanna try something new does anyone have a unique build that can do mfin and can survive?

#Mike#

PS: Thank You in advance

2. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

2 good mfers that can do well with low gear are necros and javazons. Necros with skeletons and CE/AMP can clear most areas of the game easily and safely.

Javazons you could use a cracked javalin and just synergy light fury and be able to run pindle shenk eldritch in nm and build a huge item base

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I say go with your first feeling and quit while you've got the chance... this game is bad for you.

4. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

it depends how risky u play and where u died with your sorc last time.
    to build a fundamental item base from nightmare mf a sorc is still the best.

u should go with those skillz and aim for some special items:

16 hard skill points in telekinese
    max orb
    -100resi from coldmastery with +skills
    a bit warmth
    a bit static
    medium teleport lvl to get rid of mana burn monsters
    energyshield at 50% with + skills

for the items.
    a lot are tradeable for perfect gems i guess. some need a high nm hellforge rune to get them but its possible to reach with 1 char.

rockstopper +ith rune
    whitstan shield +ith rune
    aldurs boots
    nightsmoke belt
    mana rings*2
    a skill amu
    magefist
    wizzard spike + ith rune
    shaftstopper

the last 2 items are the valueable and are tradeable for lets say an um rune from hellforge quest nm on my realm at least.

that setup makes u teleport blind at least to andariel hell for mf purpose.
    i build my sorc this way and she is succesfull.
    alibaba and rhyme on switch too.
    my stats are around 980 life//800 mana 70% fast cast and i never came into a close situation yet.

the synergetic effect of telekinese and the strange looking ith rune concept for the damage to mana mod(100%) made the trick. i dont lose mana at all.
    if u have further question to this sorc build ask away.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    necros are in general quit good now to survive but u cant do fast runs with them of course.
    speed is important in terms of mf.

regards
    Jedi

5. evils

evils IncGamers Member

ith in weapons = +9 max.. now why would a sorc want +9 max in her wspike? stab andariel to death? :)

//Johnny

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Interesting games available:

Neverwinter Nights and 2 Add-ons
    Dungeon Siege
    Sacred (out on February 27th)

or build a skelliemancer and join parties. People love you and most of the time won't even attempt to PK you. If the do, have a TP staff ready and teleport on top of their sorry butt for insta death thru 20 powerfull warriors, a CG and a Might merc with a mean wepon :lol:

7. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

actually i used a jewel with +8 all resi 10 dmage to mana in my weapon. tried to make the advice as cheap as possible but forgot about ith runes in weapon mod. well, a normal 10% damage to mana jewel makes 100% too.
    maybe u get the point now ;)

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

i have a number of questions.

Where she die?
    What were resist/MF?
    Life/Mana
    Was it solo or in bigger game solo?

Specific answers to those questions can tell you or me exactly why you died.

if the answers are like this

Hell Meph
    not perfect/600%
    Low/High
    2-8 player Hell solo

At lvl 76 if you are doing this kind of stuff you deserve to die. At lvl 76 you shouldnt even mess around in Hell, going there is strictly greed driven as NM Meph and Baal can supply you with tons of excellent gear.

Odds are most players arent happy with an mfer that is safe, they want speed thus greed driven! They have to have 400%+ MF and will sacrafice resists some or a lot to do it. If any of these things are what describes your sorc then you need to rethink your build and choose life over greed!

150-200 MF wiht Max resists, good defense, high Telekenisis, able to kill well in single player, not in 8 player, 1k+ life 800+ mana, 63 FCR, some Vulpine (damage to mana), life and resist charms not necessarily a bunch of 3-7 MF charms.

Thus far in my relative short time playing xpac this patch I have 5 characters all 79+, all finished hell, all max resists. My main MFer uses 75% Mf to get all of my crap, but I didn use a friends sorc that I equiped with about 300 MF and ran NM only and got more stuff.

i have a lvl 94.6 Sin, 85 pally, 83 WW Druid, 79 Barb, 83 Necro, I had one death at lvl 27 a Necro that bit the dust at Diablo Norm because 3 lvl 28+ sorcs wouldnt go up and static the big lizard and i still tried to baxiacally solo him with less than excellent resists and he was my first guy and I have only what i had found until then thus his lovely lighting hoze was a bit much!

I beat this game and lvl to 89 with my sin wearing a freaking Stealth Breast Plate, 3 sock diamond tower shield, +3 Trap Claw, +2 trap ammy and a 3 sock Saphire Helm wiht various rares in the rest of the spots or good blues, but she had max rez with fade. I did it because I have no greed in my blood, I know this game can be beat with minimal gear, and I know items will fall eventually regardless of MF. I dont have to do Meph in 2.26 mins. I dont care if a sorc teleports to throne, i am perfectly happy walking even at lvl 94 as the exp isnt that bad and it is more interesting. I dont need Minions runs that are 2-3 mins long, and I refuse to leech and would rather die!

Most deaths are due to do greed and impatience, and of course other unavoidable things like lag, but trapped TPs are not unavoidable and neither are PKs, those two are greed deaths also. You dont have to take other ppls TPs and PKs are inmost cases so freaking obvious it is sick.

There doesnt need to be flustration in this game, there needs to be patience and have fun. You dont need 10k hammers or traps, or all maxed synergies in a build to have fun and adequately kill. You dont have to run Meph Hell to aquire a very good stash of goods, and there are actually much safer but possibly longer runs that produce just as well. There are definelty builds that are a lot more liveable solo but of course slower.

The whole thing is to have fun, if you put pressure on yourself then why are you even playing? There is no use in doing this if not fun.

9. xvgothicanimevx

Shes Died in NM Meph run
    Max Reist 183 mf
    515/753
    Solo

She did to a doll pack. My merc began to kill them while I was teleing...Deeds

#Mike#

10. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

1. Take away your merc's weapon. Problem nearly solved.
    2. Walk, don't tele. Problem completely solved.

Or as someone suggested, there are other games.

I thought Dungeon Siege was amazing the first time I played it through, and painfully boring after that. Divine Divinity was much better... zillions of quests, and much more real role-playing. But that said, I'm still playing D2, and I'm not playing either of those anymore...

11. Tera-Hertz

Tera-Hertz IncGamers Member

Oh, ouch! I hate those little F#$^'ers! One reason I would not tele in Durance. Just would fire off an orb every couple of steps. Even ran into them once in WK on a Baal run, scared the crap out of me.

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well I will have to say that IMO greed wasnt your issue but life certainately was. Looks as though you had invested a god amount in energy, or energy and dex but not had anyhting to make up for the life.

What was the overall build? Did you use ES and points invested in Telekenisis?

What sheild? Any block? How much dex invested?

Did you try and MF wiht that nice empty stash so you could pick up more items or did you have your stash full of charms and pots? 8 spaces is all you need to pickup any single item, sure this may cost you time but it can save your life if all those other spaces were filled with life and mana charms!

What glooves? Chancies? Frosties for mana could save a lot of points invested in energy and can be traded for wiht Pgems, Magifists or Trangs can give you FCR and make it so the merc doesnt have time to attack while teleporting unles you stop.

Did you have 63% FCR?

What helm? Topz or Tarn or something like that is my guess or maybe lessor, but a ghetto 3 socket helm with Saphires or topaz/ruby/sapire combination can get you a little of everything you need.

Try and build the next one on base energy, get a bunch of Saphires and load up your helmet wiht them until you are higher lvl and dont need them. When you get to NM or Hell with this or any other character save all junk charms and spend a few gems rerolling them. I have gottne MANY big mana and life charms this way.

A lvl 40-45 Sorcy can solo Norm cows very safely and in good size games thus increasing drops. Flawless drop in there as well as many charms, socketed items things like Magifist, Frosties, pretty much any normal Unique or set, Nightsmoke (very nice belt).

Look as some oldskool classic ways of MFing:

Angelics Ring Amy Armor +1 Skills 75 Life Big Fire resistance, 50 mana I think maybe more, Dex and more, but the kicker is 75% MF. 3 pcs cheaply gotten gives you a tons of things you need.

Nightsmoke 10 Prize and 50% Damage to mana
    3 socket Helm Topaz (since you have 4 sock armor here lits go saph helm topaz armor)

Now, this leaves you weapon, ring, shield, boots and glooves to fill, gives you close to max fire and 171 MF, close to what you had.

Slap on Magis, Frosties, Trangs, Rare resist gloves with resists maybe MF.

Maelstrom 30% FCR Light resists some mana most thing its junk!!!
    Shard 10% Priz 50 FCR cheap to get
    Suicide branch +1 10% more mana life bonus and 50 FCR (not classic item but not expensive)
    Resist boots rare gamble
    Ring FCR mana what ever you can get resists.

Shield Cheap old 3 sock Diamond or Ancinet sPledge, the 10% damage to mana helps, that could be a total of 60 and if you get a high telekensis you may not see much mana loss due to physical attack at all thus acting much like PDR of what even % your ES is.

Dont invest in ES itslef just Telekenisis, eventually you will get +skill to boost it or add later.

When you MF if you want to use your merc either take his weapoon away while in Durance 2, ot get him a weak weapon with all skulls or some amns so he has tons of leech but minimal damage. If you have 63% FCR he probably wont have time to hit anything, but taking a few weconds to move his weapon is wel worht it!

On a good day if you started with all these items above you could probably replace most of it with better stuff!!! Then mule it all off for the next sorcy you build as it is solid Norm/NM gear.

Max Block isnt needed in NM, but working towards it if you want it needs to be started in NM.

Get in those NM Baals and run them dry, go till you cant stand how slow the exp is and be like lvl 80, screw it be stronger and better built. Dont be afraid to drink mana pots you dont need taht much energy investment, drink the pots, cast less run with parties.

Dont compomise on your livability over a few convienant things like not using blue pots, or wearing more MF, or going blindly fast when tactical tlelporting is much safer and still gets you there fine.

Pick up everything and sell it all, look at charms ppl throw away, hell some guy threw away a 55 mana GC last night and my lvl 94 butt picked it up!

13. xvgothicanimevx

You wanna know the truth I didnt invest 1 point into mana not 1 it got all from items etc. I used an upgraded tarn w/ptopaz...

#Mike#

14. Rimuladas

Rimuladas IncGamers Member

go with a skele necro - you will enjoy the build and stay safe. plus they are not item dependent at all.

max skele
    max s mastery
    1 point summon res(6 if you have no plus skills)
    1 in each curse
    1 in skele mage (more if you have no plus skills)
    1 in revive (more if you have no plus skills)

Then pick what you want to do: golem, bone spirit, or poison

i put 1 point into each golem and 1 into the mastery. i can just recase them as a basic decoy and they work fine. No need to max em.

also some good things you can go

ort sol helm- +1 skills and more
    dol lo - wand, find a 2 socket wand in act2 norm, with some + skele mastery and skele on it then socket that baby

shael eth- shield - find a 2 socket head of any type, with some skills on it you want, then socket the runes in it for some resists and other goodies

you will really like this build if your video card can handle it :)

15. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

No, best thing to do is, quit while you still can!
    I wish I could, but its impossible.