Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need a wind druid guide.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by winmar, Sep 17, 2006.

1. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

I need a wind druid guide.

Call me lazy and stupid and whatever but i need a wind druid build. I've searched the forums but i cant find one...

plz kkthx :thumbsup:

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

3. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

Then you might call me blind aswell since that was the first thread i checked :cry:

Thanks for helping a stupid, lazy and blind fellow :thumbsup:

4. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

Don't forget the guides on GameFAQs! I found the guide from there when I was looking. But to sum it up in all shortness:

-- Max the right side of the elemental tree. Cyclone armor last. Extra points to Oak Sage.
    -- Enough STR for equipment, DEX to 40, and the rest to VIT. Perhaps a few points to ENE (to 50) if you don't feel like carrying a bunch of mana-potions.
    -- The best armor you can find. Skills first, res second, block third, armor fourth.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

-- Twister Last (and note that Arctic Blast is also on the right side of the elemental tree but you should only put one point in it). Twister is essentially useless, whereas Cyclone Armor is extremely useful, especially with limited gear.
    -- Forget the energy. Tornado only costs 10 mana per cast, Druids cast horrifically slow, and you have no Energy Shield draining your mana pool. There's absolutely no need to put any points in energy.
    -- Res first (yes, despite having Cyclone Armor), and block only if you go for max block (which you won't likely get with the suggested 40 dex)

6. Wordplay

Twister adds damage to Hurricane while Cyclone Armor adds duration, so that's why it's a better deal (even though the spell itself is crap). Extra energy will certainly come useful once you start spamming tornadoes. They can suck up your energy quick and if you don't like filling up your belt with mana-potions, a few points in ENE could ease it.

Last time I played, 50 points in ENE was enough for me. Have to say, though, that if you have a regular party with a paladin and/or barbarian, there is no need, since your other party members will keep your mana at the max no matter what you do.

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I can't say I'd take the ~500 extra Hurricane damage over the amazing protection you get from Cyclone Armor, but I guess we just disagree there.

That 30 extra energy gave you a whopping 60 extra mana. That really doesn't ease much of anything, especially considering it could have been anywhere between ~120 and ~180 life after Oak. The "spamming tornados" argument doesn't really hold up either because: 1) Druids have the worst cast rates in the game, and 2) Tornado has pretty much the lowest mana cost of any primary spam skill in the game. If you advocate investing in energy on a Wind Druid, then you must also advocate investing in energy for Trappers, P&B Necros, and just about every Sorc build there is.

EDIT: OK fine, second worst next to Amazons, but Amazons don't generally spam spells. :tongue:

8. RoXoR

RoXoR IncGamers Member

u should cast w/ zons haha

9. Wordplay

Everything counts when you have low mana. It's a matter of convinience: do you like to gulb mana-potions like nothing or have a wee bit more life. I almost never take any hits simply because none of the monsters ever make it close, so convinience it was for me. Depends of playing style too.

10. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I will ALWAYS drink blues and have max life..........only hardcore nublets go less than max possible life to get a little energy, it is too damn easy to get energy from gear.

11. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

It is much easier to toss on a mana ring (78 mana at like lvl 22 iirc) that will more than make up the difference in mana than it is to get a +life ring (22 life iirc is lvl 43 req.)

Hmm, seems like if a druid only gets 2 mana a point, and mana jewelry has such a low requirement comparitively...

-Tai