Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I Need a smiter buil for UBERS

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by MayfieldDairy, Aug 30, 2006.

1. MayfieldDairy

MayfieldDairy IncGamers Member

I Need a smiter buil for UBERS

Hey I need a smiter build for Ubers.Im strictly ubers..

2. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

3. MayfieldDairy

so a 1pt smiter is better? I got a little confused on the gear....This is the gear that I have and was plannign to use.Perf AP COH, 34 resist Eexile,20 dex raven,dwarf star,15 dr dungo,perf dracs,gores,25% maras,Guillaume’s face helm OS, a LwZ 368/60. Sould I use all this if not tell me what i sould use.

4. emar

emar IncGamers Member

If someone can beat them with a 4 PDiamond shield, Redeemer and Smoke - then your gear should be a non-issue, no?

I would say Grief PB is a better zeal weapon anywho if you are going 1-pt smiter.

5. MayfieldDairy

idk if imma be a 1pt smiter i just want the BEST build for a ubers smiter

6. emar

emar IncGamers Member

There is no ABSOLUTE BEST gear set for Ubers. And many builds can conquer ubers... 1Pt Smiter works, straight smiter works, fury druids work, frenzy barbs work, kicker assns work, summon necros work, and hell I just saw a thread on a Sorc doing it solo. People have, can, and will beat the ubers with lesser gear, and they will beat them with good gear. Use what you have, it is fine and just invest at minimum 1 bloody point into smite - rest goes into whatever you want.

It will work.

7. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

lol buddy, this build takes less than 10 mins to run ubers(im guessing gonna try it soon) .... how many times a day u planning to run them if this isnt fast enough for u?

8. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

HOnestly, I've found that a maxed smiter does it better. With a decent high smite dmg exile/dracs/greif/guillaums/highlord/gores/dungos/ravens/coh/torch/anni cta/spirit on switch, you'll destroy them quick as hell and be pretty godly in duels. maxed smite is the quickest was b/c it dishes out HUGE smite dmg and is extremely fast ias.

an up'd hoz will work fine if you don't have a good exile to use. either way, it all depends if you can cast life tap or not. If you can, you win.

9. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

If you wanna be a "pure" smiter, just reverse the point allocations of Zeal and Smite (max Smite and maybe 5 points in Zeal for when you need crowd control). The rest of the guide still applies. I use a 1pt Smiter and can very safely take out the Ubers in about 2 minutes; that's good enough for me. I've also helped friends and forum members do the Ubers and got the job done before my Treachery pre-buff wore off, despite them basically serving as spectators. With max smite you will be faster, but in the grand scheme of things it's not very significant IMO.

10. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Maxed Smite is for dueling only. For Ubers your Smite damage will only actually make a difference in the last 1-3% of an Uber's hp, the majority of your killing power comes from rapid application of Crushing Blow; Smite is the best attack for this and 1 pt gets it done just as fast as maxed.

Also with Grief and maxed Holy Shield the damage difference between 1 point and maxed isn't that much in the end.

11. zinciron

zinciron IncGamers Member

would a 'kingslayer' runeword PB be a good weapon for NL 1pt smiter chars doing ubers? Or is redeemer better?

12. MOUNJIMA

MOUNJIMA IncGamers Member

not really Yerba... a pure Smiter with maxed smite would do just about 3-4k more than a 1pt smite. Yet 1pt smiters are also really good in doing ubers but i would prefer a max Smiter build. and by the way you should max defiance too so that your defence and smite damage goes higher, unless you hav really low resistance then you might not last that long in ubers. youll get toast ther!!! so use items that gives you lots of resistance.

13. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Or you could finish them off with zeal. That does ~2-3k more damage than your maxed smite, and with decent attackrating it will be more effective.

To the thread starter: Don't worry. I have taken them down in a few minutes with crappy gear compared to yours. The difference between a good uberrunner and the best uberrunner is not worth it.

14. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

Ubers have between 650000 and 660000 hp.

Your 3-4k per Smite means nothing against that. Only Crushing Blow means anything against hp like that.

Once you get to the last sliver of health (within seconds) that's where physical damage counts, and your +Damage from Grief and added base damage from Holy Shield are more than enough at 1 pt Smite.

Adding an additional 19 points may net a few seconds faster in kill speed. Would you rather have a few seconds faster kill speed or 19 more points to add to your other skills?

I think I'd rather max Defiance and have a fully synergized Holy Shield with ridiculous defense or Blessed Aim for the passive AR bnous while Zealing, or even points in the single resist Auras for passive bonuses to max resists; anything is better than maxed Smite.

15. munchkins

munchkins IncGamers Member

my maxxed smiter has points to spare... unless you are making a hybrid, maxxing smite is the only way to go unless you want 30 free skills by the end of it

max smite, fanat, holy shield, and defiance aura

this is dont at about level 80 (and my smiter hasnt even done some skills quests yet) and i have extra points left over

no point to a 1 pt smiter unless u wanna make a hybrid... put 1 in zeal for clearing the uber anfter the big 3 are dead

16. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

1 pt Smiter isn't a hybrid, it's a Fanatic Zealot.

The point of using a Zealot is to play outside of the Pandemonium Event. Pure Smiter is a PvP build and, as I'm sure you know, is a slow killer and generally annoying to play in PvM because of the constant knockback.

If you wanted a character geared up just to kill Ubers then I'm sure Maxed Smite, Holy Shield, Conviction and Resist Auras with resist and IAS gear would be the way to go. I prefer a more well-rounded and capable character though.

17. DOCholidayyy

DOCholidayyy IncGamers Member

Re: I Need a smiter buil for UBERS

Im making a max smiter build and he works perfectly
    Gear:
    Helm:BerBer CoA
    Ammy:Slippers
    WEp:Grief pb(Prolly one of the two only things not good)30,393
    Shield: 1.6k 45 res evexile(or you can get ber'd up'd hoz)
    Belt:Arach(need verdungos)
    Rings:none(about to have bks 5ll)
    Gloves: none, wanna get p dracs
    Boots:Treks
    Inv:So far ptorch,anni,(About to get pcombs, and 20lifers)
    Estimated dmg around 4k
    With hoz 6k

18. HarbyHarby

HarbyHarby IncGamers Member

Not good? Thats an excellent Grief by all means and 393 is all you care for. 30 or 40% IAS mean nothing on PBs, you have last bp reached with either. And why Treks instead of Gores ?

With CoA and Treks you really lack on the CB/DS department, don't you? Also what armor you're using?

19. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

If you don't have dungos, get string of ears. Arach is useless unless you want to tele the mini ubers. For rings I would go with ravenfrost and resist. pcomb's also useless unless you are dueling. Get resist + life charms (if you are rich enough 20/5)

20. glisses

glisses IncGamers Member

I guess if you're strictly Ubers, might has well max Smite to get as much damage as you can.