Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I need a good music burning program (maybe free/share ware)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, Jun 16, 2005.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

I need a good music burning program (maybe free/share ware)

Hey I have an annual "weekend after the 4th party" coming up soon. Well I of course want music to be playing but I don’t want to keep changing CD’s after listening to a couple songs each so I want to burn my own compilation disc(s).

Also don't want to turn on the satilite because i'm not found of everything they play and don't want to be stuck with one kind/style of music

Here’s my problem I have no clue what program to use to do this and my player isn’t MP3 friendly so I need the songs in a format (not sure what this format is) that can be played by a normal player.

Oh I should add that my Home Theater Player is also a DVD player so I will most likely use a DVD+RW disc so I can put more songs on it and so I can write over it later if I choose.

2. bustme

bustme IncGamers Member

Google for nero, it's a very good and versatile burner and iirc it works for burning DVDs too.

Search for a freeware trial download, I saw them somewhere.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I second that, Nero all the way

4. skihard

skihard Banned

what is the format i need to have the music in to play on a normal player.

<-------look it's my 1337 post, yeah me.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

If you want to play it on a typical "cd player" (eg. like the one in a car) you need the music to have the .wav extension. This means that the restriction for the amount of music on a cd will be the # of minutes which is usually 80 on today's cdr's. If you have an mp3 player (besides your computer) then of course mp3 will work, in which case you can store 700 megs (typical cdr's are 700 megs/80 minutes) on one cd.

6. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

most burning programs have an option which reads "music cd", which means you can add any music file, which becomes converted to the normal cd-format. easy as pie

7. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Most CD burning programs nowadays will convert your songs to the needed (.wav) format before burning em onto a disc regardless which section of the program you use. As long as you dont choose the "Burn data disc" option, the songs will be changed out of .mp3 format so they will play in any CD player.

Also, just to make sure it'll work out, get some decent burnable CDs, not the cheap-arse packs of em, because some CD players are tempermental about CD-Rs and wont read the really cheap ones.

8. skihard

skihard Banned

I was actually thinking about burning them onto one of my DVD+RW's because it has 120min play time and because I can reuse them after the little party. My DVD player is part of my 7.1 system but I have 2 additional lines that go outside to the deck and some outdoor JBL speakers. Anyway the player says that it will play everything to include CD-R/RW's to DVD±R/RW's so I think it is a pretty good one it just doesn't say anything about playing MP3's on it which I'm a tad bummed about but if the burn programs will convert for me than I think I should be ok. Maybe I'll brun a couple MP3's and give it a test to see if it will play them.

9. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

definetely nero. i use it all the time. everybody's doing it! :jig:

10. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

does your stereo support mp3 ? then you only have to burn like 2 cds then >.< but like nero is good. or just get like limewire and type in nero and dl the latest one for free :p

11. axeil

axeil IncGamers Member

Nero is what I use.

iTunes also can do CD burning.

12. skihard

skihard Banned

thanks all I got nero and did a test drive with it last night and it worked pretty good. I had to find an mp3 to wav converter but that was pretty easy and now i have a disc with 5 songs on it that plays in my player. this weekend I add song until I have it full.

13. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

nevermind.