Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I Love The Pit!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by oxman112, Mar 1, 2004.

1. oxman112

oxman112 IncGamers Member

I Love The Pit!

Alright, I've never been a good mfer, the best item I've found.. ever.. was a bad shaft in a nightmare mephy run in .09, but yesterday I did a pit run and.. with 7 mf.. I found tals armor! Which i traded for ... a bunch of stuff, so I'm pretty happy at the moment.

Tell me the best thing you've found in the pit!

2. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Jewelers dusk with 78 life today :thanks:

3. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Congrats on your find! You should have seen the tons of stuff I just gave away (I'm quitting D2) in Trade Forum, most of it from The Pit, and I have never had more than 140% MF. Didn't even run The Pit that often. As long as you have 100% MF + you will likely find something of interest in The Pit after a few runs or so. MF over about 350% is not necessary unless you won't be slowed AT ALL.

Once again congrats, get your MF to at least 100 though.

Best thing I've found in The Pit was a 297% ED, 48% MF Ethereal Cranebeak War Spike (this is a near-perfect ethereal elite unique!). It's the Godliest 1 handed item I have ever seen (the average damage on weapon alone was well over 200). Its got an amazing combination of big damage, wicked speed, and MF. I auctioned it in my first lottery (everything was free), it was a big hit as expected. The winner was ecstatic.

4. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

this is completely irrelavent to the druid forum..i believe the SP forum has one of these threads and i also believe we have had one earlier

sorry but we really need to cut down on the Off topic ness

5. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

I shaved my arm pits I found a hand full of hair. Black and smelly ones. o_O

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

this is dead on the topic. OT is like junk i dont want to hear about. this, this is something I do want to hear about. MF and people's pits.

moan.

nice post.

on the side note: i have no idea why a druid claiming his great mf item to be OT? what is on topic then, a post that goes like this?

DRUIDDRUIDRUIDDRUIDDRUIDDRUIDDRUIDDRUIDWEREBEARIASYOURBUILDSUXYOUCANTPVPFHRFIREDRUIDDRUIDDRUID

sometimes its nice to hear about someone's pits

7. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Great Strid must look funny now with no hair on his pits and the rest of his body covered in hair.....smart one buddy. :scratch: :rant: :grrr:

8. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

Anyways, my best run was a run where I found both 1.10 Aldur's mace and Hat, which currently are my only 1.10 specific ladder items. I haven't been running that pit that often, so I don't know really.

9. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

O now get onto the topic of the thread!!!!

Fine, I found an ehteral lacerator and a nice rare war pike 278%ed 40%ias and some nice other mods....other uniques also...

10. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

near perfect gris caddy from a devilkin!! O_O!!!
    good day it was.

11. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Unique Sacred Armour...... but it wasn´t Tyrael´s :( ...
    Also found IK armour and some other big toys while being there, i recommend the pit IF the person has enough patience to understand that it pays big but slow...

12. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

GF, WF, Arach mesh, verdungos, Alma negra, griz helm, a couple windhammers/frostwinds/bonehews. I do a meph run followed by the pit

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

is meph worth it? seems like he drops nothing of note besides the same crap from 109 that I have 300 of each.

14. iceball_aarf

Well, if you kill everything down in Durance 3 then you have a regular chance of getting any item in the game except for Tyrael´s might, also meph has a much bigger chance to drop uniques than champions/bosses on the pit, so i would say that he is still a very good run... specially if you want to get some good starting gear in ladder for example... (btw meph itself do drop new items like the unique Arachnid Mesh or the new and improved Azurewrath)...

15. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

meph=25 cent slots (more consistant, but less return)
    pit=dollar slots (more work, but a chance at the big jackpot)

16. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I found strid in the pit.

Oh! wrong pit

17. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

First, Durance 3 can't drop everything in the game. There are several TCs that those denizens (including Meph) cannot drop from. Have a look over at www.d2data.net for the specifics

I've done nearly 200 Pit runs, and about 1,000 Meph runs now. I average about 1.5 minutes for a Meph run and 10-12 for a full Pit clear with a second char in the game. I've found a lot of useful things from both places.

It takes me about 30-40 runs in the Pit (with 2'nd char in the game) to find something pretty rare/nice with ~300 MF, although I usually find 1-3 uniques per run. In the time that it takes me to do 30-40 Pit runs, I usually find 3-5 really nice/useful things from Meph aside from the mediocre set/unique things he usually drops.

In defense of the Pit, it does give really nice experience gains!

18. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

basically, if youre a sorc with Warmth and big mana gear, meph is fine to do for a ladder. any other circumstance, really, he doesnt cut it anymore I feel. Its really easy to get to the pit. Although, pit guides claim that you dont need much res all... thats wrong. the bosses down there, the fire enchanted ones or lightning shockers can hurt a twinked non lad hammerdin pretty bad.

I cant defend the pit though, its rather crappy returns for new items. I do not need a mosers, or an exceptional or normal sword or belt. i want stuff thats worth some cash or that i cannot get in previous editions. people's claims for great stuff are just plain randomly lucky.

19. iceball_aarf

Dude, i asked already in the Statistics forums and the Vampire Bosses there can drop anything BUT Tyrael´s might... not joking about that.

My original post must have been deleted in the wipeout of about a week or two weeks ago, but i asked there because i had found an IK armour of a vampire boss and i needed someone to clarify me that. That time they explained that only Tyrael´s might couldn´t be dropped there.

20. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Time and time again, I've found great items in The Pit with never more than 140% Mf. If its not a unique or set item, its a 3 socket Superior (15% EDef) Corona (Delirium now) or a very rare 5 socket Thunder Maul, just crying for Beast or Doom, tons of stuff in The Pit, no need for most anywhere else if you have at least 100 MF. Its true. Only drawback is it tends to get boring (at least to me) doing the same run over and over.

If you don't believe it see what I auctioned off in West Trade Forum, nearly every unique and/or socketable I found there, some exceptions were +4 skills Ondals Wisdom from Hell Stormtree, very good Djinn Slayer from Hell Bloodraven, and Stormshield from Hell non-boss Flayer. All with max of 140% MF I'll add.