I love my V8

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
I love my V8

Yeah, I just fired up the 1977 F-150 for the first time in a month. I had forgotten how much I love that car. Who else has an automobile with a V8?

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
what v8 is in there? i think in 77 you could get a 302 a 351 a 400 and a 460...the 460 big block came with a 4 barrel.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
the windsor is a dependable engine...my favourite small block v8 is probably the 289 hipo...i had one in my 67 mustang...i think there were only a few dozen documented hipos for 67...wish i still had it. :cry:

rplusplus

Diabloii.Net Member
My bimmer has the 4 litre V8 in it. I can be going up a 6% grade and floor it and you can feel yourself being pulled back into the seats. I can do 100 without even feeling it.

I have had a 71 Torino with a BOSS 302 (pulled out of a mustang). And a 69 Cougar with a 351W in it. Both were real POS cars but the engines more than made up for it.

I also had a 65 and a 69 Mustang but both of them had straight sixes in em. They looked great but the lack of engine had me wishing for a V8. The 65 was stolen and the 69 I sold off when I had my son for a more economical car.

Yarr++

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
i saw a bimmer last week that has a corvette LS1 under the hood...the headers were a work of art.

hacchantal

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought V8 was a drink - haha. Shows how much I know about vehicles!

Does it count if I have a V8 too? In my fridge? :shocked:

Stoutwood

Diabloii.Net Member
hacchantal said:
I thought V8 was a drink - haha. Shows how much I know about vehicles!

Does it count if I have a V8 too? In my fridge? :shocked:
Well, I love V8 Splash too, so I suppose it does count.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I sold my Tundra. Next time I get a truck it will have more brass.

Getting about 50mpg in the Jetta these days.

hacchantal

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
Argh, I was so close to being able to make the V8 drink joke..
Curses.
Sowwy :undecided:

It's the first joke that I've actually thought of that no one else said before me... if that makes sense.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Stoutwood said:
No joke, I wouldn't want to have to pay the insurance on that.
It was outrageous. I was under my parents' policy, with my mom as the primary driver and my dad as the legal owner -- but with a 23 year old male on the police, as well as my two brothers (21 and 17 respectively), the insurance was out of this world expensive...

But it is purrrrty! I actually saw it in town the other day... the guy to whom we sold it lets his 16-year old granddaughter drive it.