Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I love my skellimancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

I love my skelemancer

I'm just proud of it. I'm not saying this is the build everyone should get. It's just the flavor that I like the best. I'm clvl 83 SC PvM US East, account: wtm1114. Character name: Astrocyte (the name of a type of brain cell) I'm a bio major.

Max RS
    Max SM
    Max CE
    5 in Revive
    4 in SR
    5 in Lower Resist
    4 in Dim vision

With some good stuff (Homoculus, Trang gloves + armor, )I have six lethal weapons under my belt (I need Trang belt!!!)

1) 11 dedicated Bony Sexy Warriors. They almost never die. Pretty decent dmg. After amp dmg and my lvl 83 Might merc, they kill the Hell Pit Lord with 5~6 cuts.

2) Curse, Curse, and Curse, f**k y*u monsters :)
    Amp dmg is always handy, and it practically is mana-free. I dark areas I use it as my flashlight. :xflash: 4 mana for all lvls. Lower resist is sorc-philic. I've got slvl 18 lower resist, which covers the entire screen, lowers -61%, and lasts for about 1 min. Dim vision is the coolest, my favorite. It makes every monster look like the Statues on the Arreat Summit. It's the life-saver sometimes. Kinda like a time-out.

3) Nuclear Necromancer - CE
    All you need is a trigger corpse. After that is the Big Bang. Some U-235 fission reaction. I was amazed by its power. It makes me solo Diablo with a subway sandwich in one hand. Boom, boom, clear.

4) The Dark Gray Army
    I don't always use Revives. Kinda hate the 3-min warning rule. Always ask my party members if they like lags or not. I do not believe they actually do the major damage. Their AI is pathetic. I particularly like the flying revives. We need Air Force, right? In Arcane, I revives 15 Wraiths. It's very much like the US in Iraq. Just kidding.

5) The Quarterback of Lut Gholein Mercenaries
    Superbowl this Sunday, folks. My most honorable friend, Ashab the Mighty. Clvl 83, Slvl 24 Might, +250% dmg, and slvl 16 Jab (Data are rough, don't be picky please) He does ~1100 dmg by himself in his own Aura. The importance of a good Merc for a skellimancer is that you need the FIRST corpse. My necro is a melee sucker. The Clay golem is pathetic, too. The might merc always kills the first monster around the Cold Plain wp and my army rises. Hahah

6) The weaken curse

P.S. I'm a newbie. The LOD battlechest is my X-mas gift for 2003. So you should know how doable this is.

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I made my first Skellimancer after the Nightfish guide, and had alot of fun watching 13 Skeletons running around woopin' butt. Though I didn't have to use my Revives alot, and found that with the 5 points suggested in the guide....that I had 16 of the grey army acting stupid.

And with a might merc, was all about mass destruction. I used Decrepify mostly though, found using Ampify Damage alittle to easy at times and wanted merc to actually kill something once in a while.

HoS

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Why on earth did you mention weaken? Do you even know it is not a real skill? It is just some random coding that can't be debugged.

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Yeah, Weaken is made redundant by the in any way superior Decrepify that not only supplies a low-power amplify damage effect, but also slows the monsters to boot. One of the most widely loved curses at the moment.

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

He did admit that he is a noob Mad Mantis :drink:

HoS

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

It's for tanking andy//duriel befor you get Decrep...I mean -33% damage that must be what 1 more hit??

7. Mad Mantis

If you use Bone Armor and some Life Tap you will be much better of than with Weaken. Just curse the worm, back off a bit and then go back in. He will be busy abusing your Merc who will be regaining massive life with every hit. Then you can TP out and rinse and repeat.

8. Cerebron

Mad Mantis, if you know Weaken is in fact a "coding error," you get my point. I didn't want to be mean. But I mentioned Weaken just to make you mad :)

9. Cerebron

How come nobody got my joke? Ok, I'm a noob, but let me be straightfoward, the stupid Weaken curse makes all the Blizzard so-called programmers SUCK. :)

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

Think it worked.

Here you go Mad Mantis, this round is on me :drink:

HoS

11. Mad Mantis

@ HoS

Thanks. :buddies:

@Cerebron

I got the joke. But when somebody mentions weaken my mind goes blank. It is a curse (get it?).

Have a pint :drink: and relax.

12. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Yep, I love my skelemancer too. If you can get your hands on an Arm of King Leoric unique wand, HOLD ONTO IT. It's hands down the best skelemancer wand out there. *hugs his ethereal Leoric Arm*

I've found that revives don't help me much. My main power comes from my skeletons, merc, and corpse explosions. Revives (and mages) get in the way of my skeletons. They're slow, they disappear, they don't keep up.

People used to use revives as meat shields, but now my skeletons can take hits like crazy so I don't really need any meat shields.

Dim vision, I will say, needs to be at least around 15 (after skills) in my opinion. I use this ALL the time in Hell and it's duration and radius cannot be enough.

-Jomero

13. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Weaken was actually put in by Blizzard because they felt that "Blood Mana" had no use (pointing special finger), and the defence lowering curse casted by succubi is identical to "Inner Sight", so that had no use. And they felt that "Slow Missles" should be an Amazon skill (WTFFFFF?!!!!) so we get weaken, the most useless prerequisite in the game! (Note: weaken is not a skill, it is a prerequisite.)

14. 47thRonin

47thRonin IncGamers Member

I can identify with you. My overlord is most viable, and I used the 1.09 guide almost to the letter. I've tried other necro classes, but it seems I'm just not happy unless summoning is a main point in whatever build I pick.

-47thRonin

15. darkmog84

darkmog84 IncGamers Member

i myself had maybe a totally opposite experience..

my skelmancer started 4 days ago
    my skelmancer was deleted yesterday

at lvl 67

960 dmg skels
    1300 life skels i believe

16 skel
    12 mage
    10 points in clay golem (slow goodness)

well he really did kill quite well, but i just got so bored i have no idea why..
    i started hell at 65 and actually rushed 4 ppl in one game at once. but just so fawking boring to me......

16. mc_garb

mc_garb IncGamers Member

17. importpsycho

importpsycho IncGamers Member

how do u get 960?
    my mancer has lvl27 RS and SM
    skels do about 250 and has about 800 life

18. Mad Mantis

He probably uses an Might Merc.

19. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Plus amp that adds double damage so might say..... 250->450 amp and 900?

Numbers suck

20. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

I played zons until 1.10 and must assert that they need slow missiles more than necromancers, who have minions galore, bone armor, and several curses to handle ranged attackers.

Amazons have just that one poor skill, slow missiles. For bowazons, it's all the got, since they don't even get a shield. Sure, they get decoy and valkerie; but decoys can't move and don't attack. Valkeries move but hardly do any damage.

And it's really not enough. Zons have gone from the most fun class (bow bug days.. am I the only one who remembers?) and have since slid to the level of fun brought by melee assassin. Slow missiles only really has the effect of watching your death in slow motion, and you wait for the hammerdin or the other hammerdin to send the tp for your six corpses.

Speaking from experience,
    JMP