Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I love my Job.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AgentOrange, Feb 4, 2004.

1. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

I love my Job.

I'm sitting here at work right now, and I just realized, I love my job! I'm only 16, and this is the first job I've ever had, but I'm sure I'll be here for awhile. Here are some key reasons why I love it so much:

1. My minimum daily log time is 3 hours, I have to log that. What hours? Doesn't matter. 3 hours is all. What happens if I want to stay longer? Nothing, go for it. Will I still get payed? Yep.

2. The work is easy. The main part of my job is Data Entry. I type at 130 words per minute and the entry is a breeeeze, I have my own office, my own phone, my own computer, and if I finish my work early, I can just kick back, surf the web, and log hours :) (Hence what I'm doing now)

3. The people kick ***. At work there are only 6 regular employee's. My boss is extremely ditzy and hot (She's 30, but oh my god). All the rest are just cool....never any pressure. Well, except the Office Manager, she doesn't like me. Probably because I always use my one day off a week I get on Friday, just for the day-early paycheck and the 3 day weekend! :) It's ok though, she's barely ever here.

4. The Location could NOT be better. It's on the same block as my school, just a 2 minute walk basically. Didn't even know that when I went to apply the first time, kick ***.

5. The money is DECENT, not spectacular. Don't tell the feds but I make 13$ an hour for basically nothing, this is more then my two older siblings who have graduated High School.

6. The gratitude. The people here consider me as a "savior" so to say. When I first came here, there was so much entry that had to be done they thought it would take a year to get all logged. Guess what? Done. 2 months. I rule. Seems like after every meeting they have (I don't go to the meetings) my boss or one of the other guys here comes up to me and is just like "Man, Avery, you're such a life saver, we'd be dead without you."

7. The Enviroment! It's a DJ Company, we book venues and shows for just about anything, and we constantly have DJ's in the Warehouse mixing and playing some awesome music. Everyone is so cool. I'm going to start the DJ training here myself soon. :)

Well, that's about it. I'm really not a lucky person at all, I have a horrible school life and even worse home life, but I just realized how much I love my job. I guess someone up there didn't want me to be tottaly in the dump ;)

Hehe

2. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Damn I wish I had a cushy job.

3. Pidder

Pidder IncGamers Member

I'm happy for you.

Hot 30 year old boss... bastard ;)

4. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

Wanna trade? I work harder than you and I get a minimum wage.

5. Oberammergau

Oberammergau IncGamers Member

Congrats man

6. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Ask your boss if she'll give you a raise if you become her little boy slave.

7. th5418

th5418 Banned

Damn, that job does rule.

8. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

i second that

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

For a 16 year old, $13 an hour is excellent, so none of this decent crap. You could be working at MacDonalds making minimum wage.

10. London

London IncGamers Member

Sounds cool... I don' do much at my job either, standing around and eating would be my job title I guess... I work at Pizza Hut.

11. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Man that job sounds amazing... I wish I had a job. Well, meh. :)

12. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I need a job too. I'm thinking of trying pizza hut.

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

You work at Pizza Hut? So, what nasty things do they do when making pizza?

14. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

No, at 16 years old... the wage you are making IS spectacular pretty much. Considering most 16 year old's are grateful to be working for slightly above minimum wage slinging burgers, it seems that you got yourself into a good job position. Now all you need to do is build on this experience to make the very beginning of what will be your resume shine.

15. EEJ

EEJ IncGamers Member

What is your "job" called I want in!

I stand around all day lying to customers (becuase I don't know whats going on :( my fault) in a sports store... man standing makes me tired at least I make my own hours.

16. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

dude, that's a kickin job, almost makes me wanna go back to work....almost hehe.

When I was your age, I worked 2 jobs, one shovelling horse**** at a equine training facility for 10 bucks here, 20 there, though I did have perks, like free horse boarding, free unlimited riding time for me and any # of friends (as long as it was under 20) free instruction on professional horse training from a well respected trainer, as well as free professional roping and rodeo training. All of which SUCKS compared to your job lol. I also did the fast food thing, ugh, such a horrible job, but I did gain like 20 lbs while there...."yeah boss, I uhh paid for those fries I hid in the freezer behind the lettuce, absolutely"

Geez, a hot boss, great pay, own office, AND flexible hours? Why cant crap like that ever happen to me?