Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I love learning new things

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Oct 17, 2006.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

I love learning new things

I am 3/4 away from acheiving what I started today. I am stumped at this point.

I need to find a program that will allow me to combine 3 divx files into one. There can be a pause between the three, that doesn't bother me.

What I am trying to do is turn an .flv file into something that can be read by a normal video player...but there are 3 files that need to be encoded and spliced. I don't know if divx is the way to go though.

There are a whole host of programs out there, but I have no clue what works best. I don't know if it would be easier to splice and then encode or encode then splice. Currently, I have both extensions.

My basic question is..am I on the right track to be able to burn an .flv file to dvd so I can see it on my TV?

2. dekrikke

dekrikke IncGamers Member

Can't help you with that '.flv'-file...
    But I always use VSO ConvertXtoDVD, which is really easy to use. You almost drag and drop the Xvid's into it (with subs if wanted).

It is pretty basic, but it certainly works for me.

3. zodiac66

Can you drag and drop multiple files to be combined?

That seems to be my issue right now.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

5. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

Haven't done much (anything) with making avis for use on DVD/SVCD players or TV, but I have dabbled in video compressing and encoding.

Whenever I have two things that need to be put together or audio added or whatever I use VirtualDub, on recommendation from Doom9.net, which is basically the home of this sort of thing. They have lots of guides and forums as well which you might try if this thread doesn't produce results.

Anyway check out this link: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/virtualdub_procedures.htm

There's a subsection specifically for joining DivX files. I've never done it myself but it looks pretty straightforward. You can get VirtualDub, or Nandub since they seem to prefer that for this sort of thing, on the download page.

6. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I use ImToo Converter to convert video files, if that's what you need. It isn't free though.

7. zodiac66

Thanks!!

This works like a charm. It is practically seamless-the joining and such.