Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I love ATMA

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sorcynecro, Oct 30, 2006.

1. sorcynecro

sorcynecro Diabloii.Net Member

I love ATMA

Downloaded ATMA for the first time yesterday to see what all the fuss is about and in short it is awesome.

But i have a question. I have 2 sorceresses, one is a mat with an oculus the other is in NM Act 2 without an oculus. I moved the oculus to my nm sorc and save her. If i close the other one without saving do i have 2 oculuses? If so is that called duping and ilegal / crashes the game or something else horrible? I have no intention of copying objects as that sounds like cheating, plus an occy on a sorc.... doesn't get much better than that :thumbsup:

2. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Diabloii.Net Member

Any method you use to create 2 instances of 1 item is duping! This is against forum rules if you want to participate in trading or tournaments.

3. Denton

Denton Diabloii.Net Member

Yes ATMA is awesome. But copying any item as you described is duping, and is considered cheating here. If you want to participate in multiplayer games and/or trading with any SPF members, using dupes is against this forum's rules. However, if you're just going to be playing single player, and won't trade, you can of course do whatever you want.

So, some common sense and moral is required to use ATMA the way it's meant to be used. :wink3:

4. Randall

Randall Diabloii.Net Member

It's duping (but it does not crash your game),

better turn on the "auto save" function so this doesn't happen

5. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard Diabloii.Net Member

ATMA also has a dupe detector, so you can run a stash and check to see if you "accidentally" created a dupe. It happens, but since there's a check routine to see if it has, using dupes, even by accident, is highly frowned on here. If I had my way, I'd improve ATMA somewhat. I'd make it so that HC characters and SC characters couldn't trade (and stashes would be HC/SC too). I'd put more organizational features in, as well as search functions. I'd make it so I could move a large number of items all at the same time, for help splitting up those big stashes. I'd personally put in a functioning Hcube... but I can see why people wouldn't want one. I'd also have the program email blizzard every time someone put one of those stupid keys in a stash complaining that they're even in the game.

But yeah... ATMA's a great addition to the game. I'd never have gotten back into DII the way I have without it.