Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i lost everything

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by temping, May 19, 2005.

1. temping

temping IncGamers Member

i lost everything

I was building up a palidin and was in the chaos sactuary. I was on single player and had set it to 8 players the whole time, for the extra experience and stuff. Then a bunch of venom lords showed up from one of the seals and were all extra fast. I died with out even blinking. Something that hadn't happened to me the entire time, nothing could really even hit me too often before, let alone kill me that fast. Anyway, as hard as i tried, i couldn't get my body back. I even tried buying whole new sets of gear to kill them, or at least stay alive. So i tried changing the game back to 1 player to make them easier. Still didn't work. Then with almost perfect timing the power goes out, we've been having a lot of wind storms here lately. I wasn't too worried because i remeber that when you die and the game ends, your body is waiting there when you start. Except when i started this time, the only thing in my body was the last stuff i had jsut barely been wearing. Everything i had was gone. What the heck happened, and how come it happened?

2. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

When you have multiple corpses with items on them, and leave the game, the game assumes that the corpse with the items worth the most in gold are the ones that should be saved and the rest are toast. So, if you shopped an expensive scepter, any exceptional or greater armor, etc. the stuff that you put on to retreive your corpse was probably "worth" more and thus the game assumed you'd want that corpse saved. Unless you've got a back-up of your files, you're a bit out of luck. Sorry I wasn't the bearer of good news...

~Bails

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

About those venom lords, the exact same thing happened to me. I think it has something to do with the conviction aura that the venon lord boss spawns with and being really close to him as he spawns.

As a note, as far as I know, if a monster has already spawn on a higher player setting, changing the player setting down will not make it easier. Only monsters that haven't spawned (ie, you haven't seen/viewed them on your screen) yet will be affected by the new player setting.

4. Tim B

Tim B IncGamers Member

correct
    changing the number of players will have no effect on monsters which have already spawned, so you can't for example take a boss down to say 10% of its health with players set to 1, then change number of players to 8 to finish them off and get extra drops and experience.

5. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

never ever equip a second set of equipment after dieing whit the first one. for exactly the thing that happened, you can t be sure any more that you will get your original items.

sorry taht you had to learn it the hard way.

this boss pack by the way can realy be big trouble. they dont spawn whit the same attributes all the time ( not always convoction aura ) but they are always very fast and dangerous :)

it s always the last seal i open

6. Lugzan

Lugzan IncGamers Member

well, it must have been the spell + critical hit that crushed you, very likely a lower resist cast with something extra nasty above it... I've died there MANY times myself even with max resists and all the possible/impossible absorbs =)

I'm sure that you do make some backups of the saves often enough from now on! Some elementary backup application should compensate the risk. I do the copies rather too often, but as the history shows - you'll never know ;) And there would be at least one good thing making them, because all these saves would include the "quality" stuff you find and they'd be stored.

sorry for your loss, anyways!

J.