Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I know you guys are tired of these but...need suggestions on what build to choose...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Nov 4, 2006.

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz Diabloii.Net Member

I know you guys are tired of these but...need suggestions on what build to choose...

Hi guys. I know all of you are probably tired of threads like this, but I could really use some help here I guess. I've been having that feeling, of late, where I'm getting kind of tired of D2. I feel bored when I play now and that I have almost nothing to do when I play as well. Usually I make a char to occupy my time and to just have fun I guess. Well now this fun is starting to run out, but the problem is I can't think of a char to have fun with. My dilemma is I don't know what to base my build off of, I've got a mf char, an uber runner, and a multitude of other chars that were made for fun, but now I don't know what char to make because I keep asking, "What's the point?" I asked that with my most recent char as well; after fully decking out my ms zon, I felt as though everything was done now and I'm already sick and tired of her. This could very well possibly be my last char, maybe, maybe not, I'm not too sure yet. Maybe I could make a PvP char seeing as how I never got too into that field and seeing how there isn't much to choose from as well. A

Any Possible ideas guys?

I guess I just want to severly overpower this char with god gear lol and just have some fun.

For some reason one idea I had was a charger just for the fun of it. But I'm open to all suggestions, but try not to give cookie cutter builds like a zealer or hammerdin, but not something really radical and terrible in pvp.

P.S - I've already got a cold and light sorc, smiter, windy druid, and a bowazon and I've already done a hammerdin, summon nec, or auradin before just to let you guys know before you throw some ideas out there)

Thanks for listening guys

-Donutz

2. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

A few of my favourite builds

Summon Druid
    Light Fury Amazon
    Tesladin
    Wolfbarb
    Dtalon/trap Assassin

3. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted Diabloii.Net Member

Do PvP. That's really the only thing that keeps me coming back to the game these days, mainly due to the ease with which the acquisition of high-end items makes PvM gameplay effortless.

Anyway, as far as a build goes I'd recommend a BvC barbarian. They're not impossibly expensive to equip and they an incredible job in PvP. Perhaps most importantly they're engaging characters, with lots of activity being required on the behalf of you, the player. Just check out some of the guides on the PvP forums, that'll get you started.

4. plasmo

plasmo Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I quit for a while, but then I tried PvP. It's way too expensive to be really good, though, since you need an inventory full of expensive charms. Unless you wanna beat up on clueless noobs on open.

After that, I've gotten hooked on crafting and rerolling Baal GCs. I have a LF zon that does cow runs while picking up gems, jewels, runes, crafting gloves and boots, and a few other random items (archon plates and such, although I'm really looking for an eth Sacred Armor that I can bug-cube-socket and stick Stone in, just for the hell of it). I use the non-crafting gems for rerolling a few Baal GCs I keep with me. The best part is that it's cheap (all you need is Titan's Revenge), you can do it for 10 minutes or 10 hours at a time, and you'll never get a perfect item, so you're never really "finished." Although you'll get a ton of crappy items before getting even a single decent one.

5. diablo loves donutz

Thanks for the suggestions guys. To be honest, the BvC looks interesting, but I just have a few questions.

Where is a good guide for a BvC? I checked the pvp and barb forum and I couldn't find a guide on one at all.

Also, what and how exactly do you play a BvC? I know that it means a barb vs caster, but I'm still a little confused behind the premise of it all, although I'm sure If I find a good guide it will explain it all.

I was interested in them because the setup looks kind of expensive and I guess I'm looking into making a really expensive setup lol. Well I hope things can work out, thanks guys!

6. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

For a Barb, dueling another Barbarian is extremely different from dueling a different Character. Thus, the PvP Barbs split into two groups, BvCs and BvBs. The BvBs go for lots of defense and damage, whereas BvCs go for life and damage, usually they can omit blocking for more damage. It's just a different focus. BvCs focus on killing things that shoot at them, especially Sorcs. BvBs kill other Barbs, and maybe other melee chars.

7. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli Diabloii.Net Member

Good guides are Romper Stompers and Blob's. However, there seems to be a perpetual BvC discussion going on over in the Barb and PvP forums, and the ideas are changing all the time.

If you ask Ce Olba, he will be happy to tell you that BvC are the best build ever created and then will go on to tell you exactly how they beat everyone. Asides from this fixation he has a very very good grasp of the game mechanics and is probably the one to ask about anything BvC related.

Laz

8. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Folks, let's suggest a HC Punchadin!!

9. diablo loves donutz

And thyne name be ith...Mike Tyson...

10. Angel_Dusted

Alright, I'll try to tackle these as best I can :innocent:

First off, the advice you got from the other posters is totally accurate. You'll get far more detailed discussions on the build from the debates that go on about the character in the PvP and Barbarian forums. Not the stickied guides mind you, but rather what posters are talking about on the actual pages. The search function doesn't seem to be effective in finding most of these threads, so just look in the most recent pages.

What a BvC, or Barbarian versus Caster, is, is simply a Whirlwind-using build aimed at being able to defeat fast moving caster characters such as wind druids, sorceresses, trappers, and others. This build, however, is by no means limited to fighting just low health characters, and it can kill virtually any character class, save perhaps the infamous BvB, with the right equipment, though a large part of this depends upon the skill of the actual plyer, which is a rather nice change.

What you'll be doing is using Whirlwind, in conjuction with Teleport from an Enigma, Berzerk, and Leap to catch, disable, and kill other characters. It's rather difficult to fully describe how it's played with simple text, and the build has many finer points to its full utilization. If you want to get a feel for it I'd suggest taking a look at some videos of these characters dueling on YouTube.

As far as wealth is concerned it should be fully possible for you to get the runes needed provided that you have the time to devote to the game. There's no real point in denying that the build takes a good bit of wealth to create, but once you've got it you'll be happy with it, that I'll guarentee.

The first step you should take in getting some currency is by taking a visit to your local trade forum on this website. There you'll be able to sell your wares and get a feeling for the price of the items needed for the completion of your build. Some good ways to start earning cash would be key set running and offering GRushes, or full glitched rushes through the normal, nightmare, and hell difficulties. These will normally net you a couple of high runes each time assuming that you find someone willing to pay, which isn't too hard on this site, and that you can endure a bit of a grind in order to get the items required. I'll see if I can list some of the essentials for a cheaper version of the BvC for you here. If anyone wants to feel free to correct me.

Helm: Arreat's Face (a Crown of Ages for the rich)
    Armor: Enigma (in a Breastplate or Scarab Husk) (Fortitude for melee duels)
    Weapon 1: Grief Berzerker Axe with 34%+ IAS
    Weapon 2: Beast Berzerker Axe (perferably with high strength)
    Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
    Rings: 2x Ravenfrosts
    Optional: Angelic Set for melee duels or an FCR amulet and ring
    Boots: Goreriders
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh (Verdungo's for a melee duel)
    Gloves: Trang Oul's Set Gloves (Dracul's Grasp for melee duels)

I'll vouch for that statement. He's this forum's premier advocate of this build, so you might want to PM him if you're interested.

Wow, that was a lot of writing...well, hopefully that'll give you an idea!

:innocent:

11. diablo loves donutz

Thanks for the reply, btw, I hope I didn't come off to you as being poor or new to the game, lol, I've already got plenty of decked out chars and lots of hrs and hr worth stuff, again i don't mean to be snobby, but I just had to laugh when you said I could start getting some currency by doing such and such and the trade forums lol, i've been doing tons of trading on our forums so I know all about that and it should only take me a few days to get the stuff i need. The zerkers I should have no prob getting and everything else seems pretty cheap, only thing I could see trouble with is that coa lol. Again I don't wish to be rude, but you just kind of made it sound as though I were, needless to say, a noob lol.

Yea I checked out barb and pvp forums, just having a hard time because they're lack of the topic and i did msg Ce olba for some help on the build. Gear like said, should be no problem, but the build itself is what I needed help on, but you already pointed out the jist of it.

Thank you for the help again

12. Angel_Dusted

Heh, yeah, I kind of figured by the 600+ post count that you weren't exactly wet behind the ears. Didn't know what your wealth status was or anything though, since there have been a number of returning veterans. Anyway, if you're going for it this is the general outline:

The gear that I already listed + a perfect stat Barb Torch and Annihilus SC. There's a massive emphasis on having maximum vitality.

Stats:

Strength - Nothing
    Dexterity - Nothing
    Vitality - Everything
    Energy - ...yeah.

Some people opt to put a few points into strength so that they can use a decent fortitude, or points into dexterity so that they can use a "Hel" Widomaker Bow on switch. The former's use against melee opponents should be obvious, and the latter, sometimes in conjunction with fortitude, can be really useful for harrassing enemies, especially one of the BvC's hardest matchups: the hammerdin.

Skills:

20 Axe Mastery
    20 Whirlwind
    20 BO
    1 Berzerk
    22-26 Leap with +skills
    4 Increased Speed
    4 Natural Resistance

Beyond those skills I can't remember what to sink your excess points into. Oh well.

Charms:

Standard 20 Lifers/AR/Max/Res SCs, LCs, GCs - make up for anything you don't already have.

You might also want to socket the Arreat's Face with an ED/IAS jewel or an Um rune.

13. diablo loves donutz

Seems cool, oh btw, sort of ot, but I've never heard the phrase wet behind the ears to be honest, lol, what does that mean?

Yea, but it looks as though it should be a reallly fun build...hmmm...now to think of a name...

14. k/t

k/t Banned

You can make a BvA instead. That's even more expensive.

I have one, but as I'm not rich, his gear is far from perfect (my Grief was 342/38). I refuse to use duped charms though. I can show him to you the next time I see you in the channel.

Edit: Wet behind the ears is the old way of saying noob.

I should start translating all sayings into 1337.