Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i know people do a lot of MFing, but what about GFing? ifr

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Baal, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

i know people do a lot of MFing, but what about GFing?

am i the only one who saves up lots of x% more gold? i decided to in act v of normal - since i'd found a lot of it... so i figured that i'd make a set of eq for gold finding - and stash it away in ATMA - then i could go gamble like a mad man with it when i want...

i the only one who does this?

2. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

I don't try to make a specific Gold Find gear, but I do tend to find alot of it, like 1,000+ for one monster. And when you run the pit at players 8 you get alot of it. I usually just gamble it away when I get a extra 300,000 in my inventory. Gambleing is kind of a waste I think because the highest thing I've ever gambled was a Nokozan Relic.

3. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

GFing was more common when the odds of gambling uniques and sets were much higher. However, with the return of dual-leech rings, GFing for circlet/ring/amulet gambling money is certainly not a bad idea. :)

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i don't specifically wear GF gear, but it helps that a lot of the good MF stuff has increased GF as well - Wealth runeword, Blade of Ali Baba, Gheeds Fortune, Chance guards - so that makes it easy to find piles of >10K gold off of a unique or champion. the council on the way to Meph is an especially good place for this, as are Baal's minions.

5. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

For me, the useless high class items (+1 dex sacred armor or equivelent) I found along the way of MF brings me more gold than pure gold find along. Even things with really crappy mods (+5 mana on a orb requires level 76) can fetch for 35000 gold easy, apparently the game have a different idea of usefulness. :scratch:

6. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

My brother was into the GF and gambling with his amazon back in 1.09. He wore Wealth, Stealskull, dual dwarfs, cow kings boots, goldwrap...yeah. Anyway, I thought it was kinda cool/unique. Not too many gold finders around back then.

7. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

That'd be an interesting tourney. It wouldn't last very long, but to see who could amass 'x amount' of gold the fastest could be different.

8. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I used to do Travincal runs back in 1.09 with my MF barb. He wore:

2x Ali Baba's (on swap and for Horking)
    Chancies
    Dwarf Star
    Wealth
    Goldwrap
    Stealskull (i think that adds GF)

Anyway, there's just something REALLY cool about killing a council and seeing 35k drop, or getting a hork to drop 30k+

crg

9. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I normally GF when I'm at higher levels since you can store more money then. Everything else is as Crazy Runner Guy described. Horking a council corpse to see 30k in gold pop out is a wonderful sight.