Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I know my build, but not my stats.

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mistercuddles, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mistercuddles

mistercuddles IncGamers Member

I know my build, but not my stats.

I know that I want to have a straight blizzard PvM Blizzard sorceress for MFing, so I know where I'm putting all my skill points and whatnot... what I do NOT know, is where I'm putting all my strength, dex, vitality, and energy points.

I've looked around and I can't seem to find any minimum stat distribution, just the skill points.

Pretty much what I'm asking is, without any charms, gems, or jewels and such, what is the minimum stats I should put in the following:

I have no idea as far as strength, there's a item I want atm but don't remember what the minimum stat drop into str is. I'm not sure if I should drop points into str to get the item if later on I'm gonna be wearing stuff with a lower strength requirement.

I don't know what I'm doing as far as block and such, so I don't need the dex quite yet, althought it would be helpful to know what I'd need if I decide to max it out or if what I'd need if I didn't need to max it out but to accomadate the best possible MF gear.

I know vitality, I guess I drop all extra points into it.

Energy is tricky, I've seen people say put points, and others say don't put any..

Overall, I just need some imput and advise from other players, thank you for you time and help in advance.

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Re: I know my build, but not my stats.

Str: 0 or as much as you need for items. For example, if you head down the route with vitality you might want to have the "Spirit" runeword in a Monarch (lowest shield possible), so you will need 156str

Dex: 0 or enough for your chosen max-blocking shield.

Vitality: All other remaining points.

Energy: You can put points here, but i would advise agaist it. You will certainly be gobbling potions until you have some better gear, but as soon as you have that, those points are rather wasted.

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Well, you kindof need to decide on your equipment (even if it's just your goal equipment) before advice can be complete. Without the equipment details, it's kindof like me asking if I should walk to work, ride my bike, or drive my car?... you might appreciate knowing how far my office is from my house and what the road & traffic conditions are before giving advice.

The most common/generic answer:
    Strength: 120-150 points, with enough enough +strength equipment/charms to total 156.
    Dexterity: no investment
    Energy: 0-40 points. Only spend points if you have mana problems early on, otherwise, drink a few mana potions and tough it out. 0 points is optimal, but spending a few won't break your build.
    Vit: everything else

Edit: too slow :p

4. mistercuddles

mistercuddles IncGamers Member

Actually, this gave me exactly what i was looking for. The 120-150 is the best piece of information I could ask for, as well with the Energy.

Thank you.