Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I just killed the Cow King!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

I just killed the Cow King!

Well, atm I am in a private Cow game searching for socketables (And guess what, I found a Eth CV:grin: ) and by accident I killed the King:cry: Is there ANYTING i can do? Pull the internet plug and get a Diss or what? Do I then loose the CV? Or can I just mule it over to another char and then pull the plug:scratch:

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

There's nothing you can do.

3. Klæmint Vágadal

Oh well...so much for cow running:cry:

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Pulling the plug won't help. A game crash might save you if it happens before your character gets saved (happens once per 5 minutes AFAIK), but a game will never crash when it would be beneficial :rolleyes:

5. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

You can still cow run. create a cow mule. A naked char that makes the game, you join it with your higher lvl, get the items for the portal together and have the naked dude make the portal. Keep him in town and unpartied and you can kill everything however many times you want.

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Now that's the price for the eth CV.
    Why not try pits if you cannot run cow anymore?

7. Overconfidence

Overconfidence IncGamers Member

Either.

A.) Find a friend to make the portal for you and have him/her do other runs while you cow (And kill the king every time! MF++)

B.) Make another character to make the portal, exit the game, rejoin with other char, kill king, profit.

8. Klæmint Vágadal

Killing the king is not a good idea IMO, but whatever pushes you're button:thumbsup::laugh:

Im going off the see the WSK now and wack Baal, happy mf'ing:smile:

9. MazterZ

MazterZ Banned

Umm, I have made multiple cow portals in one difficulty where I killed king with 1 char...

If you kill the king, exit the game and make a new game. If you don't change char nor exit battle.net you should be able to make another cow portal.

-edit-

Dunno if this is true, but some say doing my method (above) and waiting 5 or more minutes before creating a new game won't allow them to do another cow portal.

10. brent

brent IncGamers Member

i wonder if thats true...

11. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Murderer!!!

12. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

Atma shows the cow king as having the best chances of all super unique monsters of dropping a Hoz, Which is one reason I always use a cow king killer.

13. Ariadne

Ariadne IncGamers Member

I think Kill The King is a song by a band called Rainbow (aka Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow). Sung by Dio. He's not in the game though. :unimpressed:

So far - I've only ever gotten that far in SP - I had two problems with the cow king.
    1) Like you I accidently killed him. Bummer. I'm a sorc and frozen orb tends to kill cows fast. Including the Cow King. He must have been pissed off about it aswell cos he only dropped crap*)

2) My sorcs red portal landed under the nose of the Cow King. Boy that was troublesome, I was dead before I could hear my first Moo. So I had to kill him (milking was not an option)

*) They're cows. They crap a lot and when they do, it's a huge pile of crap.

14. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

use to run cows with my trapper, it was cool cause i had the dmg 2 generate 1st few corpses and then CE would do the rest,
    but best thing was i stod no chance of killing king like cuase of the light dmg only, or so i thought,
    so i use 2 kill everything, and just let the king frazzel but not die if he got 2 close, but 1 day i like kill a load of cows and along comes another group with the king, i drew them in close and cast 5 traps, CE goes off, and all cows die, meh, i didnt notice that king was dead, i spent like an hour trying 2 find the king...
    form hero 2 zero hey...

15. franzjosef

franzjosef IncGamers Member

My observations:

1) Generally the Cow King's Corral is a giveaway that you should go the other way. Sometimes this is not feasible, e.g., the portal spawns outside his gates and you interrupt His Majesty's caponata-on-hay repast.

2) In Hell Cows, minor cow bosses will sometimes spawn Lightning Enchanted. If you are well away from the Corral and see sparks flying off a random cow, you should be alright, but try to ID the culprit anyway.

3)"Naked" for a game creator is a waste of server space. You have to get the creator through that difficulty level anyway, might as well let them be a mule. Or better, the Leg Runner: a character with very high speed and/or fast kill. This character will NEVER EVER enter the red portal, because once the game is permed, you bring in your Burger Machine: a character who specializes in killing large groups quickly. Fishymancers come to mind.

4) NEVER do public cow runs. Ever. Make your own games and keep them private. Nothing sucks more than for a random person killing the King, grabbing the drops, and exiting the game.