Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I just had an epiphany and a question..

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Starseed, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

I just had an epiphany and a question..

Can a necro, with the right gear solo/MP hell with being a pure overlord (no bone/psn skills)? I mean, I know this kind of thing has been beaten to death, drug through the dirt and tossed into the river in a black plastic bag but I was just sitting here, thinking about my single-tree sorc and the trouble she'd have in Hell w/immunes and junk.. but at the same time all her gear, then I started thinking "Well.. a MF necro could, you know, use all that gear too.." and uh.. I just had to ask.

Also, how does such a char. fare doing boss runs like Hell Meph & whatnot? o_O

I was just about to store away my D2 cds not 10 minutes ago out of boredom when it all hit me, heh..

2. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

The hardest thing about taking a pure overlord to hell is trying to find somewhere else to put your points. All a summoner needs is 44 points to survive hell:
    20 raise skeleton
    20 skeleton mastery
    1 clay golem
    1 golem mastery
    1 summon resist
    1 Amp Damage curse

3. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

I'd change that number to 47 to include decrep.

4. Starseed

Well, I think by that stage, I would raise skel mage.

Call me crazy but I really hate mercs. They give me nothing but headaches, so a whole other slew of minions at my disposal would (in my eyes) more than make up for the money/time spent on a merc..

5. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Okay, you're crazy. Might Mercs are worth it for the killing speed they add and they're ability to tackle bosses and carry more MF.

Someone else mentioned using curses, but don't Overlords also forgo using curses? I thought I read that recently, although I'm hardly an expert on this subject.

6. Starseed

Nah. I use Amp Dam. religiously until I can get decrep, and then that stays close to my skellie hotkey (I use the roller on my mouse) and pretty much once I have my army built up, it stays there. :)

And speaking of might mercs.. IIRC aren't those norm/hell mercs? If so, I have much less of a problem than the standard HF merc 'cos I can usually go grab one at around lvl 80 and I don't have to spend gobs of time lvling them up.

Usually by that point too, I would be doing MF runs so I can start him off with some pretty decent junk.

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

IIRC the only demand placed on an Overlord is that he uses nothing but his minions to kill. I don't know if you are required to max all the minions, but you might as well.

8. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I happen to like my might merc with my Overlord...Though a prayer merc would be better suited for it(I wish I could find the "old-school" overlord guide that was written by NecromancerLord).

That was my bible for the longest time.

HoS

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You can use your Merc, since your Skellies will be doing most of the killing.

10. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

I'll ask him if he still has it next time I see him online.