Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I just found a 20/14 griffons eye

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Jayman450, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Jayman450

Jayman450 IncGamers Member

I just found a 20/14 griffons eye

So i'm looking for a good character to use it on. I was wanting to make a CL/FO sorc anyway for rushing/team baal mfing with a metorb sorc. So will this be put to good use on this type of char? Other option is LF Zon.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

lighting sorc.

in this forum, what answer did you expect? :)

3. Jayman450

I was hoping someone would tell me what i wanted to here :) , and not "You'd be better off with this".

4. dlantz

dlantz IncGamers Member

I run a pure light sorc, and when I first traded my shako for a griffon, I was amazed how much more damage it did. There's also quite a few lightning sorc guides if you search for them here, and they're pretty good.

5. Jayman450

Pure bliz sorc was the last chacter I made and she's my favorite build yet. But I don't want another single tree build atm so i'm going to go with a CL/FO Sorc. Skills will be:

20 Lightning
    20 Chain Lightning
    20 Light Mastery
    20 Frozen Orb
    1-x Cold Mastery (Max this Last)
    1 Warmth
    1 Shiver Armour
    1 Tele

Undecided yet as to wether i want Energy Shild with a mana intensive build like this. Would like some suggestions. Also all my sorcs have always had Base energy, but with no shako I may need to take it up a bit (base 50-75).

I will use:

Griffons
    Up Vipermagi
    Silkweaves
    T-Gods or Arachnid
    Frostburns
    Not sure on rings yet (I have no soj or BK's)
    Mara's
    Occy/Wiz/CTA
    SS/Lidless

With Max Block. I do pub baals alot and I'm normally the one to tele. I will also use this sorc for rushes and Team MF baal with a MetaOrb sorc where i use a shako/skulders/wt combo instead.

Any improvements or ideas to help me would be good. Just started her and she's still in A1 Norm atm at Lvl 10.

6. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Well, for a lightning amazon it's better, since both the -resist and %dmg help greatly, where on a sorceress only the -resist is useful. Of course the skill+fcr is nice, that's true. Think about it ;) I'd go javazon and stick with shako on my sorceress.

7. Superhal

you will need a pretty big stash for all that alternate eq.

i don't think a griffon eye build will be successful as a tp'er. looking at the eq, i see around 100 total resists, maybe a little more if everything is um'd, 35% pdr, 70% fcr, and no hp boosts other than tgods and maras (50 hps.)

also, i feel that you should do some things very well, rather than many things poorly. so, i would make this char just a lightning killer with some FO backup. instead of occy, maybe an eschuta's.

i think you are expecting a little too much from this char, but who knows? maybe a boosted CL is very good vs baal. my unboosted cl isn't.

8. Ghist

Ghist IncGamers Member

Congratulations for a very nice find. I have one with exactly same stats socketed with 5/5 lightning facet in Europe realm. I used it on single tree lightning sorceress with 1 point in 1st Cold Armor and 1 in warmth. Some areas were initially difficult for that char in hell, but once I equipped Lower Resist wand as secondary weapon I could handle rushing as well as any other area with the help of my mercenary.

The build was good for following:

Pindle (sometimes immune, but merc kills it fast anyways)
    Countess
    Shenk
    Eldritch
    Mephisto
    Pit (as long as mercenary is strong enough to kill immunes)
    Arcane Sanctuary
    Some other areas.

In general it was blast to play, but it really needed that Griffon's Eye and
    lots of +skills. I hope you find your CL/FO as much fun to play as I did
    find my CL sorc to be. It was just fun to have 10k CL and 25k Lightning, with
    about -30% to lightning resistances from equipment.

9. Jayman450

CTA Weapon on switch or Barb BO is where i'll get my life boost. My bliz sorc only has 860 health and 45pdr and i can tp baal no probs with her without any bo. I will UM the Viper i think, and i may not even use the SS. Might Go for an P diamond/Eld Moser's or dule P Diamod Moser's.

I've found 3-4 Eschuta's Temper and all have had +1 skills (I'm begining to think there is no +2, +3 skills). Not sure how much there are to trade for, but the stats on the occy are so good i'll just use it til I can evaluate the build. It's kind of hard to know how it going to go until you play the build. I'll have a heap of stat points up my sleave i think and just see how go and ajust as i need to.

10. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

Occy is much better than the eschutas for a lightning sorc. The % damage adds so little plus its lacking resists. I have great equipment but just so you know what to look forward to if you are able to get great equip. I can solo 8 player baal runs in about 8 to 10 min. I can solo a 1 player game in about 4 min.

Also I would definately use the Griffons. It is so good for a lightning sorc imo. Lastly a pure lightning sorc is a waste I think. Its so much more fun not having to rely on others to kill the immunities.

11. Jayman450

What is "great equip" for a CL/FO Sorc? I'd like to know what stuff i hould be striving to get.

12. Superhal

depends. there's tradeoffs. if you want great defenses vs high offense, tp through worldstone vs durance, etc.

my ideal:
    50% pdr
    95% all resists in hell
    +20 or higher +skills
    105% fcr
    lightning, fire, cold absorb
    pd duration quartered
    75% blocking
    @4k defense before cold armors
    1200 life
    -resists for non-cold
    10k-15k main attack damage, preferably in 2 or more trees

of course, there's no way to get all of this, so you have to make substitutions and sacrifices.

13. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

I typed a long explaination but something happened when i submitted and I lost it all. Anyway long story short you will be better off going to my thread where I write about my CL/Orb sorc who soloed baal in an 8 player game in under 10 min.

The equip is this
    25/19 griffons
    Occy with 15% res jewel (soon will get one with 3/-5 facet instead)
    Stormshield with p diamond(will switch to 3/-5 facet soon)
    Chains of honor
    3 to lightning skills 10% fast cast ammy
    2 sojs
    Arach
    49% war travs
    40% chance guards
    6 Lightning skill GCs with life
    Gheeds
    Anni
    Res and life small charms under the GCs

Defiance merc with
    2.9 K Def stone
    eth doom polearm
    Vamp gaze

This is more than 10 sojs worth of equip but at least you know what to strive for.