Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I just don't really care...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nnndave, Feb 17, 2004.

1. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I just don't really care...

Ya know, lately i've just been really mellow and chill.

All the things that I know are important just seem to slip away and I just don't care anymore. I'm not the least bit depressed, I'm happy... I just... don't give a damn. I know I should be studying and calling my relatives or looking for a job or something, but... I cain't!

I dunno its probably just a stage or something but does anyone else know where i'm coming from?

PS
    I do NOT smoke pot btw

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Ah lethargy... how I miss you.

3. ThereIsNoTruth

ThereIsNoTruth IncGamers Member

I know how that is sometimes. I'd be sitting here in my dorm, knowing I have stuff to do, and I'd just stare at my computer. You just need some new stimuli I think. Go out, get some air, skydive or something that's nuts and it might snap you out. Of course, it doesn't have to be that intense, but make sure it is something you don't usually do, that might work, otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

4. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

No i mean i have lots of fun all the time, but I just don't care about my classes in the least. I do fine in them, I don't study and make decent grades but... I just feel like such a worthless procrastinator :teeth:

Its just that whenever everone else is like OMG i'm sooo stressed i have a test tomorrow and a paper to write!!! I'm just like, dude, who gives a damn?

Think Peter from office space, thats how I feel.

5. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I find working out consistently gives me more energy and motivation. It's one of the best side effects of exercise.

6. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

I blame Bush

7. Hippie Holocost

Hippie Holocost IncGamers Member

Rob, we both know the answer to this problem......

take a PUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHTOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTT

frankly, I wish I had time to be lazy, but having a job while going to college and playing in a rock band on the side AND keeping a steady relationship with my girlfriend gives me no time.....

8. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

I know where you're coming from. A lot of days seem like this for me. I go home and say to myself .. "I should really be doing something.. helping out, or doing my homework, or anything". but i don't. i just don't care. sometimes i just don't see how people do care so much or continue to "live life to the fullest" or .. something to that extent.

honestly, just say "who cares" to yourself once in a while. you may end up happier.

oh well. anyone here read Emerson?

9. jizus

jizus IncGamers Member

sounds like just the right time to start

10. faultless wonderboy

faultless wonderboy IncGamers Member

If you evolve as I did in college, soon enough you will only care about addressing the people who claim to care. Take the college newspaper...the opinion column is always full, year after year, of pseudo intellectuals who, out of pure pretense, write about suffering in some far off land because one of their professors mentioned a small blurb in class pertaining to it. Now it is their cause, their life's pursuit. Then they write about it as if they are the first to break it, as if they have found have serendipitously discovered this CNN channel that explains it every hour on the hour in great detail, and now they must disseminate it to the entire world. Call me a cynic, but these people make me sick. I should probably concern myself with a cause and forget about it. But here's my question, do we all have to have a cause? I think these people are under the diluted impression that one must be represented or must represent something noble, as if surviving and flourishing is not enough, especially for college students.

Long story short, I commend you for your apathy, its better than what some college people are doing these days. I dont know if this is related to what you are saying, I just wanted to get that off the chest.

11. Broken_Rythem

Broken_Rythem IncGamers Member

Man thats the best feeling ever

You know I never liked paying bills either... I think im going to stop

12. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Happens to me a lot since the past 1-2 weeks. But, I've got nothing to do, so I just do nothing even though I could something usefull, but I don't. I hate it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. :grrr:

13. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

My first post to be deleted! And it was damn good, sound advice, too! And it wasn't too bad... oh bobbernickels. Whatever.

Anyways, it's apathy. If you don't fix it soonish, you might become apathetic and depressed, which could turn out to be very bad. Hope you get over it, nnndave.

I still can't believe my post was shot.

14. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

Enjoy it while you can man, real life comes to bite you in the *** soon enough. I don't call what you are experiencing apathy, I call it confidence and knowledge about what is required. If you are doing well enough in your classes with little effort why try? Because you're supposed to? Not a good enough reason in my opinion. If you need a B average for your future pursuits and get B's doing nothing why bust you're butt for A's?

If you know you are doing well enough to achieve your future goals then enjoy the free time you get as a result. Don't be concerned with the guys that are running around like the sky is falling, it has nothing to do with you.

There are people who do well with little effort, count yourself lucky that you are one of them.

Dutch

15. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Apathy is good, insouciance is better.

16. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I'm starting to better figure it out. Its like, nothing gets to me anymore. Nothing pisses me off at all. I am just totally chill. I would be like this in the fall too, I would just wake up at 1 and watch football until I went to bed, not moving once. I'm just in a really good mood that I don't want to do anything that would mess it up, like worry.

The problem is that I know there are things i should be worrying about, but again, who gives a damn...

I had a situation this weekend that probably set it off (kind of like the occupational hypnotheropist). One of my friends pissed the absolute **** out of me and words cannot express how much I hated him, and probably never talk to him again, BUT. I went and chilled with another good friend all weekend and got a tad hammered, well, maybe a little more than a tad. I met a bunch of chicks and when I woke up the next morning I felt like Peter. Who knows??? :xmad:

17. GIR

GIR Banned

Heh. This is what has always made other people scared of me. No one's ever really seen me mad, and I for one can't remember a time when I've been to the breaking point of just pure anger.

When you can handle a hot situation (fight/someone paying a local gang member $5,000 to kill you/lying exgirlfriends/etc.) without even a slight noticeable change in your demeanor, that's when undesireable people learn to keep their distance.

I, for one, like it.

18. Fallen_62

Fallen_62 IncGamers Member

all i can say is that this happens to me a lot, too... i am still in HS, and i never, and i mean never, study or work for grades... i sleep through half my friggen classes, and i still get A's... plus, with this being my senior year, i just kinda stopped caring... usually i would stop doing stuff the 2nd and 4th quarters, ad those were the closing marks for my classes... its been like that the whole year this year... i got accepted to a college, and i dont care what i do anymore... i think it has something to do with the fact that during football, i hurt my neck pretty bad, and i wasnt able to play the last half of the season, and i was told i will never be able to play contact football again ( i was also told that i prolly wouldnt be able to wrestle w/o difficulty... they were right, but i made it the whole season so far), and i just said to hell with the rest of the school work and stuff... i just didnt care... but i dont know...

i had the same "dont wanna do anything, but i should" feeling sunday morn after my girlfriend's school's winter formal... woke up at 11:30, went on the net for 4 hours, and went to her house... didnt do a damn thing all day...

who knows... maybe we are just really lazy and happy about it?

19. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

I was going to put a seriously reply down, but....wow, look at all the pretty colors.....

20. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

it's great.. i have that same exact attitude. I just kind of sit back and observe the people who get so stressed out about everything, running around.. always freaking out. Some of the most irritable people i've ever met too. It's funny the looks you get sometimes when you tell someone you have a test tomorrow and you're just sitting there playing Halo or something. People ask me how i can live like that... but i ask them right back how they can live being so stressed out. Don't really ever get a response, they just tell me that i'm not going to "succeed" in life or whatever. But i guess society's sense of "succeeding" is a little bit different than my own.

I know completely how you feel... not depressed.. actually pretty damn happy.. but i just........ don't care.