Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I just bought the most expensive camera phone in the store and have few questions $_$

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Flanker, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

I just bought the most expensive camera phone in the store and have few questions $_$

hi

i got Sony Ericsson T616 today and have 2 questions:

here is the phone by the way (be jealious please :D)
    http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wir...66&shopperID=1HETWVNC2Q759PLA2188FSFW7E8E97K6
    the coolest thing by the way is that u can download any img u have on ur comp to your phone and use it as a wallpaper :) even GIF works too.. so u can get animation wallpaper

ok so my question is:

what the hell is bluetooth and how do i use it. i already read the phone FAQ and it says that bluetooth is a technology that lets u send wireless data like pics.. and stuff...so lets say i got this pic on my phone and i wanna send it to my comp...how do i do it (i tried sending it as the manual says but it gives me an error message saying "no bluetooth devices found")

2nd question: whats infrared technology?
    i understand its something like bluetooth since when i try to send pics from my phone...it asks me how i want to send it and i have choice: e-mail, bluetooth and infrared and i dont know what it is :/

thx a lot in advance

2. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Bluetooth: You can get a bluetooth dongle for your computer (Mac Powerbooks and lots of Wintel machines have it built in) and then you can sync your phone #s and contacts and whatnot with a program on the computer. Pretty handy.

Infrared: Considerably less handy. In Japan there are vending machines and POS terminals with infrared ports and you can use your phone to buy a can of pop or movie tickets or whatever. Thr charges are tacked on to your bill each month.

I'm not going to be jealous since I live in a country where we get access to all these toys years before everyone else, but I will tell you to enjoy the phone. :)

EDIT: This kind of thing will make your computer into a discoverable Bluetooth device. They don't cost much.

3. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

4. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Basically you have to get a dongle that usually plugs into a spare USB port. Here(America) they cost about 8$. Just stick it in and install the software that comes with it, then again you only need it if you want to upload pics/info without wires. However once you have it set up you can use your phone as a remote for you TV(Only if you can get the right sofware) or for things like iTunes on your computer. It takes a little setting up but it can all be done.

5. DurfBarian

I don't think there are IR add-ons for your computer. I used to have an old PowerBook that had an IR port on the back, and there were a few printers that used the tech, but it isn't used much.

The Bluetooth stuff isn't too pricy, though. Like I said there are some computers (lots of laptops) that have it built in already, and the dongles (those things that plug into a USB port) aren't too pricy. Here's one for under US$40 for instance. If you have one of these on a laptop you can surf through your cellphone without plugging in wires; the phone can stay in your pocket and you can be posting on OTF like magic. You can also use Bluetooth wireless keyboards and mice and stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the IR stuff, but the Bluetooth is definitely worth investing those few extra dollars for, since you've come this far.

6. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

thx durf and the other poster with a difficult name:p for all ur help

i will prolly get bluetooth once i get some money (i sell stuff from that game that we all play wink wink...not ebay tho...just to people at pc bangs)

7. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

wow... not to burst your bubble.. but i couldnt help it....

that phone is not the best.... by far... in fact.. its... crap.. i think...

haha cause i have it. the resolution is so-so. the picture quality is crap. and yeah... the music dj is crap too.... it has a lot of nifty features... but there are way way way better phones out there.

and you got ripepd off.

i got my t616 for free.
    cost 100 bucks
    got a 100 dollar rebate. 1 year contract. 40 bucks per month.
    rollover. 1000 night and weekend. 1000 mobile to mobile.

im not trying to brag.. i guess just trying to tell you ,look around first, before you buy. it will save you a lot of money.

edit: there are phones out there that can take 15 pictures at once..
    there are phoens that record short clips.
    there are phones with picture-like quality.

8. Steel_Avatar

Steel_Avatar IncGamers Member

How about, "I don't define my self-worth by the monetary value of my possessions, nor do I seek the approval of others through the same." ?

9. DurfBarian

Where the hell is the fun in that?

* polishes iPod *

10. masterazn

masterazn Banned

11. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

12. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

13. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

This was only a test. If this were an actual oopsie, you would have been advised to take appropriate shelter.

This was only a test. beeeeeeeeeeeep

14. Flanker

Flanker IncGamers Member

what the hell?

how did u get a 459$ for free?
    i know when u have contract, they give you discount of like 100-150$.. but you say u got it for free?

where do u live...what plan did u get...what company do you use?

by the way.. i have unlimited calling for 3 months...and then after that its 300 min pool between family memers

...i got ripped off baadly:(

15. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

how is ANYONe defining their self worth in this post through monetary value of their possessions?

we are talking about phones here...we are not comparing our status or what not to others through this phone.
    flanker is merely talking about a new "toy" he got.

and how is ANYONE seeking the apporval of anyone else/
    he is merely expressing his joy at a new found toy. i bet he could care less what anyone thinks. he's just happy with what he has.

16. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

I hate cell phone companies. I got a phone like a year ago from Verizon and one night at a drunken party I broke it...or the screen shattered so...I go into verizon a couple days later go to get a new phone cause I wanted to upgrade it anyways and I find that to get the same phone (which I got for free with the rebate and the family plan and my mom's phone) it would cost me $170 and that was the cheapest phone I could get. So I was like ****...but after a lot of persuasion they gave me a new phone of the same exact model I had for $53...than it cost $10 so I could transfer me phone book and now I have to wait 22 months before I can upgrade my phone and get a rebate...and goddamn I wanted to take pictures. SOB phone companies only give new subscribers good deals...if your a returning customer hell no your stuck with an outrageous bill.

Me apologizes for that off tangent rave... :cheesy: