Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I haven't slept

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by P2blr, Feb 4, 2004.

1. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

I haven't slept

I've stayed up all night.
    Now, it's one thing if you're trying to do it; like to prove to yourself that you don't need sleep or to work on a huge assignment that is due the next day. It's another thing when I want to sleep, but I'm just too full of energy to sleep. As I'm typing this I'm also shaking my legs back and forth. I want to sleep but I can't, crap.
    I guess I'm gonna start gettin ready for school then :confused:

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Hey! Join the overnight club! It's 6:13 am here... why am I still up? Because my job sucks!

3. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

The worst when doing that is when you have to go to work in the morning and then stay awake for 8 hours before getting home. After you finally get home you're deadbeat, but still somehow unable to get any sleep so you stay awake another night, too tired to sleep, yet not really awake either.

Guess who does that about 50% of the time...stay awake for 3-4 days, then sleep for 24 hours in a row...

Welcome to my reality

4. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

Yeah, it'd suck to do this like every night, the only reason i don't like it is cause there's nothing to do, so I can't get anything out of the way for later, cause there is nothing yet

5. Moroska

Moroska IncGamers Member

ah the Starship Destiny :xcool:

6. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

DUDE!!!! KILLGORE!!! :worship: You rule! Love the 'tar.

*runs out of thread flailing arms*

7. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I know a girl who works part time in college. She tells me she works M-F from 9pm to 4 am. I asked her how does she get around to sleeping. She told me she didn't only only on the weekends. That is rough.

8. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

that happens...used to be the same for me when I did DJ gigs, band gigs and bartender gigs...

Now I only do my steady 9-5 job and occasionally the band gigs, but I just can't snap out of my old habits of not sleeping during night time.

9. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I remember sleep... *sigh* That was a great couple of days when I was 12.

10. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

And I thought that I had it rough getting up at 6 am every morning to get to my 8 am classes, and still missing some of em. Bastards.

Yeah, P2blr, I know how you feel. I once stayed out with my friends cuz they were down from college and had to work the following morning. We didn't get around to sleeping till about 3 am and I figured that since I had to be at work at 8 I may as well stay up. So I did. Bleh.

11. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

I started College in 1995.
    I have two children.
    I'm an avid gamer / nightowl

I would be willing to wager that I've averaged no more than 4 to 4.5 hours of sleep since I started college. If I get more than 6, i'm worthless the whole day. I've always been like this.

-D2netDad

12. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Seriously.. how do you do that? Sometimes I will stay up til 3 or 4 and think I'll be alright for my morning class, but end up sucking all day. I need at least 8 hours otherwise I fall asleep all day. I wish I could just play videogames all night instead of sleep.

One time I went to bed at 11 am and slept til 11pm :teeth:

13. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Recently it's been really awful for me too. I absolutly NEED my 8-10 hours of sleep everyday. If I miss one or two, I'm completly drained, I feel down but when I do get my 8h, watch out. :lol: I remember in high school and when I went college (before I dropped out), I could sleep 2-3 hours and still be fine. Man, I'm nearly 19, I think I'm getting too old for this. :p I remember sleeping 20h a weekend, now those were the days. :rolleyes:

14. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

Since college started, I've had at least 20 nights in which I pulled all-nighters not because I had work, but because I couldn't fall asleep. Unless I wear myself out during the day, I have a LOT of trouble falling asleep, and I will almost never go to bed before 2 am regardless of what I'm doing the next day.

I've been like that ever since my senior year of high school. I suppose it's a bit like insomnia in that I have immense trouble falling asleep, but once I'm asleep I'll stay asleep until I get woken up.

It's taken a lot of getting used to, but I actually enjoy it now. I hate going to bed early and I like having the calm of night to do things during. So I've adapted to my natural mode of sleep.

15. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

My eyes hurt, everything's fuzzy, every time I blink it throbs, but I've still yet to feel tired

Can't wait to sleep tonight, if I do, ah

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

Damn, you guys make it sound painful to be in college. Still in highschool and i dont get that little sleep.

17. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

Just to clarify my open-ended post. I'm not in college nor have I been for quite a few years. I finished in Dec of 1999.

The sleep issue is more of a life-long thing for me. I guess i'm just wired to not need a lot of sleep. Whatever the reasoning, it seems to work for me.

I know the feeling of being awake too long though. I always get gut-rot as well. I remember one semester before finals week I spent 68 hours straight in the CAD lab finishing a design project. I drank about 40 cans of pepsi and got the worst gut-rot ever.

-D2netDad

18. Xynrx

Xynrx IncGamers Member

With that said, you can bet your life that once college/uni starts your sleeping patterns will be the most erratic of (most likely) your entire life. I went from the usual 7-8 hours of sleep a night in highschool to anywhere between 3 hours to 5 hours a night for weeks on end when I started uni. I had one day every few weeks where my body just shut down for 20 hours to sleep, luckily my body seemed to know when weekends were so it wouldn't shut down during high-stress times.