Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I have returned

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Thesslian, May 9, 2005.

1. Thesslian

Thesslian IncGamers Member

I have returned

Well, I decided to come back to D2 after about a year and a half or so. I can thank the suckdom of Guild Wars for that. What a load of dung that game turned out to be. All my accounts are gone, but I finally got through soft core normal to be able to play hardcore. I was wondering is GAT still around? It seems like every time I stopped playing for a couple months they moved the channel so I don’t know if they are around or not.

2. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Please tell us why GW was teh suxx0r.

3. Thesslian

Thesslian IncGamers Member

Well, lets see where to start on that rant. I think I will start with my necromancers minions falling over and dying every thirty seconds without constant medical attention. Not because they are being beaten on, but rather because they have constant life degeneration. I can stand still in an empty cave and they all die after about thirty seconds.

Then there is the fact that there are a massive number of skills hidden at various places in the game. Do I really have to run all over the place looking for skills? I think the game brags about having about 150 skills per character. You can only have eight active at any time. You have to play a 2 class character as far as I can tell. So I am going to rack up about 300 skills and be able to use 8.

And the treasure system. What a load of crap that was. Find a magical sword, take it back to town use your identify kit to see what it is and when you find out it is worthless you can sell it for 2 gold. Of course you could salvage it into raw materials if you buy a salvage kit and sell the raw materials for six gold. That baffles me. And you can’t buy better weapons and armor outright you have to salvage components then take the components to a crafter then pay for them to make you what you want. What a pain.

Fifty miles of nothing! I am not kidding I wandered around one of the areas for about 2 hours to see if there was anything there. I kind of figure if someone is going to go through the trouble to build a world this big they would have put something in it. Nope. Nothing. No NPCs, no extra quests, no special treasure, no hidden bosses, just miles of nothing with the same monsters I could have found right off the road. Total waste of time.

And perhaps worst of all at no point while playing this game did I feel that my character was powerful. When I play D2 and gain a few levels monsters start falling before my awesome powers. It’s part of the fun to me when I blast an army out of existence. Its part of the coolness of the game. In GW my characters all felt boring and average, fighting small groups of monsters in minor skirmishes in a large and rather safe world. The lack of a hardcore mode is also boring. Not only does the world feel safe and boring it is. I can’t die. Total lack of challenge.

But back to my original question, is GAT still around?

4. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

GAT aint around as a playing group anymore im afraid. (Correct me if im wrong though)

KTA has been alive and kicking in Europe and i think we had a few KTA's in East too?

Try them if you want to have a nice start :)
    and dont mock guild wars, meh wants it :)

5. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

east n west GAT are dead, euro-gat is still active though its small. email me at [email protected] if ya wanna have the euro gat forum site. most have migrated to WoW though.

6. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

I agree with what you say about GW. I played one weekend intensely and then i got bored. Sure you can salvage items and sell the crafting materials or craft armors/weps but its just so boring. You have to run SO long just to get places. And you need to go back and forth for quests. I got 2x level 10 chars and i am back to Diablo already...definitely didn't live up to it's awesome reviews. Every class is balanced...i suppose but it's so boring because it takes a minute to kill chars. All you do is stack spell after spell.

7. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

In all fairness, D2 isn't exactly the most challenging game in existence either -.-

8. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Just think all the crap that exists in D2, and you say GW is boring, lol. Too bad you can't say pp, tp plz.

I'm not trying to say GW is the game for all, but I strongly suggest you to check out more than 1/10 of the game before you let it to rust in piece.