Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I have an invisible merc

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Apr 30, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

I have an invisible merc

Locate my merc on this screen (there is no photoshop, I just reduced its size so SPFer on dial-up can view it). It was a fight 10mins ago, suddenly my merc turned into invisible to me before we engaged this boss pack. I could hear he was fighting, and he was taking hit, just couldn't see him anywhere. Only I TP back to town after the fight, he turned visible again (with half HP gone).

http://img217.echo.cx/my.php?image=ubermerc2hh.jpg

It would be cool if he is invisible to all, that will be uber. :D

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It would be better if you had the minimap on as well, but i trust you. I expect its just a small glitch in the graphics. Something for those 'weird screenshots' threads that come up every now and then. :thumbsup:

3. DeathMaster

look carefully, you will notice the boss was taking hit from my merc at the time of screenshoot. Noticed the blue/white splash under the curse? You just couldn't see my merc around, but he was right next to Mr Seethe Wight (odd name, very odd).

4. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard Diabloii.Net Member

It's not that your merc is invisible. It's that there is an invisible pillar in the middle of the corridor that is blocking the line of sight to your merc.

5. DeathMaster

I hope I did more screenshoot. There wasn't anything block the view, because my merc was missing for a while. There is a room (not on the this screen) where the boss pack came from (the direction the boss walked from), my merc was invisible all the time since in that room (we cleared all minions there), and I left my merc to kill the boss for two reasons:

1) it is funny, invisible merc attack! a bit annoying, when you don't see who he was attacking in a big pack however.
    2) the boss hurt a lot (LEFE, and some sort of extra damage, I suspect FE bug), I was a bit careful since he could take out half (about 500) HP in single "hit".

6. zy009

zy009 Diabloii.Net Member

i had the same problem before, it was with paladins merc, he disappeared off the minimap all together, maybe cos i was running too fast or something, and he only comes back after i tp it. i think its just a graphic problem

7. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Diabloii.Net Member

My granny always used to say... "better an invisible merc then no merc at all"..

well, ok she didn't but it's the idea that counts right?

8. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

The blue white splash is your own holy freeze aura's pulse.

Hes probably right on this one.

9. DeathMaster

This just meant to be funny D2 graphics. As I already stated, my merc was killing him, the big blue splash is from my HF, but the small white/blue isn't. The next second, after I took the screen, my merc blowed him up with couple of jab (I could hear it). both my pally and merc were clearing in another room for his minions, I just didn't have time to take any screenshoot, it was a large dangerouse pack. There was decrp went off all the time (from reaper's), and minions fall by my merc attack, with "no one" there. I also saw the skelly minions attack "air", Sort of funny.

10. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

ive had it happen before.
    its when the graphics load too much at once that your pc cant handle it.
    on my old crappy PC i ended up with an invisible werewolf

11. Serdash

Serdash Diabloii.Net Member

Wow. Calm down people. It's not like he's saying he found a Tyrael's Might off of NM Pits or anything.

I've experienced the same issues before, mine usually occurs when I kill Shenk. Sometimes during his death animation my merc, myself, or even sometimes random objects will disappear for a while and then come back after a couple of minutes or a TP to town.

That invisible pillar crap you guys are talking about is more off than the invisible merc.

omgh4x?

12. DeathMaster

It can't drop? I'm hoping to run normal baal to find a silence dagger :D

Anyway, enought j/k, every time I kill shenk, I must move away from there, or my char + merc will disappear unless the death animation was over.