Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i have always wondered...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by TheMayor, Sep 1, 2006.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor IncGamers Member

i have always wondered...

i have never invested points in the fire side of the elemental tree before.... and im curious, how does armageddons damage exactly work?? there is a "fire dmg" and a "per second dmg," does this function at all like a sorc's lightening storm would? could anyone explain this skill? ty everyone.

2. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

its similiar to hurricane in a way, but only it takes forever before you can recast it and doesn't seem to be as effective as hurricane. for pvm, it would work fine and the synegies for it can be pretty useful. fully synergized fissure is pretty fun. so is moulten boulder lol

usually you just cast it and hope the mini armageddon crap lands on top of monsters, however the damage isnt exactly spectacular.

3. Murderya

Murderya Banned

Stick with hurricane and tornado's. Instead of putting points into the fire side, invest in a grizzly summon.

4. TheMayor

i guess to be a little bit more specific with my post, and know there have been a few posts about this, but i want to make it work for a shapeshifter, and not a bear, but a wolf. i was thinking to actually get the monsters hit i would use a HS merc with a reapers toll to slow them down. if twisters had a longer stun time i would perhaps use a carrion ring for the CtC.... but that is nothing to rely on at all, but perhaps with the merc, it would make a nice package.

5. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Armageddon is the worst fire spell that you can choose - it like never hits, creates lag, has a huge cool-down time and the flashiness can make it hard to aim volcanoes.

If I remember from back when I used to use geddon, the boulders that hit the ground leave burning patches for just a little while. Whatever's standing there is damaged - a lot like meteor.

6. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

fire pvp druids are MORE than viable in pvp

I've had one this ladder (lost to inactivity last time I expired)

but ur gonna need a huge budget and lots of 5/5 fire facets

7. TheMayor

well i could see that for a fire druid, but my intent is to go melee, and therefore i wouldnt be using other fire skills like volcanoes... i wouldnt think that armageddon is not a very good caster skill if it is good for anything. it seems like its a lot more melee aimed.

8. TheMayor

well i could see that for a fire druid, but my intent is to go melee, and therefore i wouldnt be using other fire skills like volcanoes... i wouldnt think that armageddon is not a very good caster skill if it is good for anything. it seems like its a lot more melee aimed.

9. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

You could say the same for Hurricane; it only hits in the area around you - just like geddon - and it freezes things, too.

10. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

difference is that u cant cast hurricance while being in wereform while u can cast armegeddon then :thumbsup:

11. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

Why just armageddon ?

12. TheMayor

yes exacty, one of my main attractions to it is that you dont have to constantly deshift, cast, wait around for six seconds (most likely totally susceptable to your enemies because when shifted you were in close combat, which means probably your running away all the time), and then reshift. i mean it works, it just doesnt seem that functional. i plan on using a holy freeze merc anyway because holy freeze covers a larger area of effct, and slows a lot more things down. once again i would see that HF would complement geddons randomness quite well, and if melee and dealing with huge mobs, your probably not moving all that much so i would see that geddon would not do too bad. the last thing to consider is that hurricanes damage is minimal, and while geddons damage cam be pumped much higher, its randomness compinsates for hurris minimal damage in comparison. i think stout is right. when it comes down to it they are basically the same with a few differences, the only thing is geddon can be casted in wereform