Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I have a question about revives

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ter, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

I have a question about revives

and one about curses..

I've seen people talking about reviving Oblivion Knights but when I Was in the Chaos Sanctuary in Nightmare last night with a friend I couldn't raise them. Am I doing something wrong or am I confused about being able to revive them?

Also can you revive the last group of Baal's minions?

The curse question also relates to Baal's minions. Do all the curses work on them? I can't seem to make Attract work.

This is my first necromancer to make it to a high enough level to notice these things so sorry to ask such obvious questions.

I'm using a skelemancer with Lower Resist because my playing partner is a sorceress.
    I've got +5 to all skills so far, 1 point in all the curses, Corpse Explosion, 10 skeletons, 4 magi, and 6 revives (thanks to the + skills)

2. purehybrid

purehybrid IncGamers Member

I am pretty sure that you can revive the knights...I usually go on revive sprees and don't pay attention to what I get. Just more meat in my shield.

I have revived Baals minions, but some of the monsters blow up leaving no corpse to revive. Luck of the draw maybe...

I know that decept and amp work on them, I'm not sure how well, but Decrept slows them down. No idea on attract though.

3. pliu

pliu Banned

Here is it
    And you can't revive last group of Baal Minions.
    Attract will not work on Super Unique Monsters and Bosses.

4. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

that was exactly what was happening to me with the oblivion knights..I only asked because I thought I'd read that other people thought they were great revives.

I could turn them into skeletons or Magi..but I couldn't revive them.

I asked about the minions because it is a little hard for me to tell when they die since they are surrounded by my army...and baal disintegrates them when the last one is gone so I don't want to waste time when I could be cursing or corpse exploding trying to revive something I can't...

But since baal is a pain sometimes...I'd love to have the minions along to kill him if it is possible.

5. pliu

pliu Banned

You can revives baal minions but not the last group. The second last group is cool to revive :D

6. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

thanks for the info...I'll stick to reviving the Balrogs and blowing up the last group.

7. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

I consistently have the same problem with Oblivion knights. Perhaps those with a certain ability (say, Bone Spirit) are counted as Champions by some glitch?

8. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

The FAQ has the answers you need. There is a distinction between Oblivion Knights which some don't see: there are oblivion knights fighter, and oblivion knights mage, you can revive fighters but not mages. The ones that cast bone spirit, are mages.

9. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

The Council Members are fun to revive also :)

It's probably a good thing that you can't revive those Mages because wouldn't their curses override yours?

10. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Necromancers are obsessed with corpses. Here's a summary of my observations:

R = can be used to revive a monster
    S = can be used to revive a skeleton or mage
    CE = can be used as a corpse bomb

Act Bosses, i.e. Andy, Dury, D, and Baal
    R = NO
    S = NO
    CE = NO

Unique monsters
    R = NO
    S = YES
    CE = YES

CHAMPIONS
    R = NO
    S = YES
    CE = YES

Common monsters (title appeared as white)
    R = YES
    S = YES
    CE = YES

The last group of Baal's minions has one unique monster, but you cannot revive any of those dragons. It just works like that. As said above, you cannot revive some OK's either. What I find out is that some other common monsters cannot be revived either. I put my cursor onto their corpses and I didn't see the name of the corpse.

Some people like to revive the Souls. I don't think it's a good idea. First, they are still white (or maybe slightly gray) after being revived. So you cannot distinguish them from the real Souls. It confuses the party, too.

11. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

There are 3 types of Mages from act 4

2 cast Bone Armor and have Sword//Color Hand
    1 is only in the Chaos Sanctuary and has 2 color hands and casts bone spirit

12. NecroValmar

NecroValmar IncGamers Member

There are more monsters you cant revive, not only the mages from sanctuary. You cant revive too the little jumping ones on act2, and more that i cant remember now... s-h-i-t alzheimer... :rant:

13. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I like reviving Bartuc's group (the council members) since my army surrounds baal, so having them cast their hydras seems to work better than the Balrogs