Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I have a dream: I want to be a MF sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Cerebron, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

I have a dream: I want to be a MF sorc

I hate to start this thread, because personally I'm kinda tired of people asking build questions.

But now I have to do this myself.

I'm a lvl 91 Necromancer, but to be honest with you guys I'm really jealous of sorcs for their unmatched MF power. I need help so bad. Many thanks.

Here are my goals

1) Pure MF. No PvM. No PvP.
    2) I want to finish off by lvl 80.
    3) My major MF places: Countness, Merphy. No other places.
    4) I'm pretty rich now and I can trade easily for gears like Full Tal.

I do read a lot of guides in this forum, and I find them really helpful. Please tell me your own experience.

Thank you so much.

2. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

hohoho i am the first to reply :surprise:

since u are going to use ( i assume correct me if i'm wrong) the full tal's set..i suggest a CL/FO sorc since dual tree suits the set v nicely..though level 80 might be :scratch:

countess is fire and ice immune, and the creeps on the way to her all either fire or ice immune..cept for the floating thingies watever u call them which are immune to phy..thats y i dun suggest a meterob..

meph is weak..anything can kill him.. :clap:

for the build on the CL/FO sorc..i think Monk's guide is stickied at the top of the forum..good luck! :thumbsup:

3. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I'm a pure blizz sorc, and I can do those 2 spots well.

4. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Is it just me or is the purple text really hard to read? Full Tal's set. Kind of a hard one to complete. My 89 Sorceress was started in 1.09. Things changed a bit with 1.10 so my stats are not that tight. I am currently at 435% MF and I use Hydra and FO. What's kind of amusing is that Hyrda is my main attack (it's maxed), but I tend to use FO cause it's way faster, you can sort of aim it (but it's like a shotgun, you only gotta get close) and it takes out "most" monsters. Hydra is for the cold immunes and bosses when I'm not in a hurry to kill em.

Masa

5. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

My Blizz sorc cannot do countess runs because she doesn't have a merc.

That said, I don't think there's any sorc that can match a blizzard sorc for killing mephisto. Also mausoleum runs are nice.

6. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

There is nothing wrong with MF necros Cerebron

*chastises you :scared:*

but I do know that MFing the countess may be rough with the wrong build, as I'm pretty sure that her resists are such that if she spawns enchanted to an element it makes her immune. She's always cold immune.

7. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I hear a lot of complaint from Meteorb sorces that she's cold and fire immuned. I'd go straight blizz sorce drop 1 point in enchant, get a blessed aim merc and equip him with Tombreaver, Guillame's face, and upped Rattlecage. Put an Amn, Shael, Shael in the Tombreaver. The merc will hit the next breakpoint. The Crushing blow will take care of the countess and will speed up any boss runs. The enchant and the BA is just to make sure he hits. If you want you can have a Shael & 4 Eth Cho Ku on weapon switch to knock down the countesses Defense for your merc.

8. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

All I can say is avoid the lightening tree. its does not have the fc rates needed to be a great one. MEteor//FOrb are the best ones.

9. Skydeth

Skydeth IncGamers Member

make a hammerdin