I have $10,000 to start a new life, an MCT*, and I need advise where to find:

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
I have $10,000 to start a new life, an MCT*, and I need advise where to find:

Friendly and beautiful blonde women who loves to party? (Preferably English-speaking)

*MCT - Microsoft Certified Trainer.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
MCT? I'm really, really sorry dude.

I got into wifi engineering because it is the only place I can pretty much evade all that is microsoft. Then came day 3 at work: "Here's our Windows 2003/Exchange server, you will be responsible for this."

"But...but...I'm a network engineer with debian linux background, I don't know anything about windows servers."

"Oh, you'll learn."

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
So you can continue in misguided misery?
Not quite. I'm thinking about partying. That's something I've never done in my ENTIRE life. I mean partying like PARTYING. If I'm going to start my life over I need to get over that teenage sexual fantasy.

I need to party. I need to PARTY BAD.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
What you need to do is get your head on right. You just totally blew it with your wife and now you want to party? Grow up, but isn't that what she had been telling you? I guess you just don't learn.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
What you need to do is get your head on right. You just totally blew it with your wife and now you want to party? Grow up, but isn't that what she had been telling you? I guess you just don't learn.
I need to PARTY because I never did. I never experienced a normal teenager's life. I'm adult now yes and I'm owning up to it finally. If part of what I need to "grow up" is to PARTY, I will find courage to PARTY. I was a geek my entire life...that didn't help in the marriage department.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
This just might not be the solution you need, and I'm no trying to be a smart ***. I've never experienced PARTYING either, but I'm actually glad about that. You can find happiness without that.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
I need to PARTY because I never did. I never experienced a normal teenager's life. I'm adult now yes and I'm owning up to it finally. If part of what I need to "grow up" is to PARTY, I will find courage to PARTY. I was a geek my entire life...that didn't help in the marriage department.
Without going into detail, um well I can tell you authoritavely; bad idea.

Hey you wouldn't consider putting that ten grand into one of my credit card accounts would you?

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick question: Why are we all capitalizing "party"? Does "PARTY" mean something different that "party"?
Just emphasizing. I mean I attended birthday parties, geek parties, wedding parties, heck even IT eye-balling parties. But parties like where you actually PARTY where you have major fun like getting drunk and all and maybe even getting laid. Heck I don't know. Yeah I know I had such a deprived childhood. Thanks to TSR for that.

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Move to a college town/city. Everyone in Austin parties. When a 40 year old shows up to a party I attend noone really thinks negatively of him, unless he brought no booze to a byob.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't ask me, I purposely avoid such things. I'm not sure if being married is a blessing or a curse in this regard; I haven't had to go do all that crap, but on the other hand I haven't had the chance to sleep around like crazy through my youth.

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Just emphasizing. I mean I attended birthday parties, geek parties, wedding parties, heck even IT eye-balling parties. But parties like where you actually PARTY where you have major fun like getting drunk and all and maybe even getting laid. Heck I don't know. Yeah I know I had such a deprived childhood. Thanks to TSR for that.
I think your idea of fun is a little misguided. When you wake up in a pool of your own vomit next to girl who looked a lot prettier the night before and you don't remember any of the last 12 hours, I'm sure you'll think it was a great time. It'll be even greater when your doctor tells you you've got crabs.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
I think your idea of fun is a little misguided. When you wake up in a pool of your own vomit next to girl who looked a lot prettier the night before and you don't remember any of the last 12 hours, I'm sure you'll think it was a great time. It'll be even greater when your doctor tells you you've got crabs.
You know what they say: "When life gives you crabs, make crab rangoons."

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
He said getting drunk, not getting completely ****-faced.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
He said getting drunk, not getting completely ****-faced.
That's a fine line, methinks. I guess it would mean something different to everyone... but the way he was raffster was describing what he want to do, I was thinking ****-faced debauchery.

And I don't generally think that's a good idea... I've never slept around (still a virgin), and I'm perfectly content with that. That kind of partying only makes you feel good for the time being. When the alcohol wears off and the feelings of spontaneous sexual attraction is gone, you're no better off. Your emotions still need to be healed.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
That's a fine line, methinks. I guess it would mean something different to everyone... but the way he was raffster was describing what he want to do, I was thinking ****-faced debauchery.

And I don't generally think that's a good idea... I've never slept around (still a virgin), and I'm perfectly content with that. That kind of partying only makes you feel good for the time being. When the alcohol wears off and the feelings of spontaneous sexual attraction is gone, you're no better off. Your emotions still need to be healed.
I'd omit the alcohol altogether, personally. And who says the spontaneous attraction has to wear off?

The flip side of that coin is if you get to fifty and have only ever slept with one person, you'll feel like you missed out on something big.