I hate vritems.com. Stop spamming

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
I hate vritems.com. Stop spamming

I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw tons of vritems.com ads when playing.

I want to use Mad Mantis's old icon to stop those people from spamming the chat message. But Mantis got a new icon.

However, I hate them even more, not only because they spam but because they sell items not for runes but for dollars.

I believe this is against the D2X ethics.

Now the powerful people are not those who are dedicated or lucky, but those who are rich.

Think about meeting a guy who's not a sorc but teleports like crazy.

"Hi, you got Enigma?"

"No, I BOUGHT it."

I'm pretty sure Akara doesn't sell Enigma.

HarbingersOfSkulls

Diabloii.Net Member
Cerebron said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw tons of vritems.com ads when playing.

I want to use Mad Mantis's old icon to stop those people from spamming the chat message. But Mantis got a new icon.

However, I hate them even more, not only because they spam but because they sell items not for runes but for dollars.

I believe this is against the D2X ethics.

Now the powerful people are not those who are dedicated or lucky, but those who are rich.

Think about meeting a guy who's not a sorc but teleports like crazy.

"Hi, you got Enigma?"

"No, I BOUGHT it."

I'm pretty sure Akara doesn't sell Enigma.

Don't forget the other 4 that has popped up also....I won't mention the names, because I don't and won't give them free advertising.

And especially here in our forums.

HoS

FattyMcGee

Diabloii.Net Member
that is the MOST annoying about 1.10 in my opinion is this game-ad spamming. It makes me want to kill. it makes me want to strangle. it makes me want to beat things with a very heavy stick.

The worst part is, most of them are bots, so you can't even say anything to them like "leave our game" because they can't hear you... it's just a program running them. >.< man I hate it. the only protection against it is passworded games. So I try to use them as much as possible.

--fatty

Patsy

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
If you want I can send you my previous 'tar.
Or mine....

(MWUAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAaaaaa..!)

-Patsy
"I am the terror that flaps in the night!"

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
funniest thing is when one of the "characters" that the bot used (that I recognized) entered the game I immediatly typed "STFU".

Once it sent one of it's happy, colorful messages I pressed enter. It then dropped from the game (not exit like they usually do, timed out) after the message was sent. Is this some flaw in the bot programming? The bot didn't enter the game afterwards so I couldn't test it again. Maybe if another message comes up as it's sending one it screws up the program? If so, that would be excellent :D :D :D.

Just an observation of mine

:thumbsup:

Peacrusher

Diabloii.Net Member
Couldn't we use screenshots and send to Bnet since these are 3rd party programs and violate the end user licensing aggreement?....

I think that if enough ppl report the accts and chars the CD keys should be banned from Bnet. Then at least they would have to buy another CD to play the game and perhaps the old accounts could "disappear....

Another tip... create games with lvl restrictions... none of the bot's I've seen have been over lvl 2... So say create a game with lvl restrict that is within your char - 5 lvls?

Passwords work too but I like Pubbie games... for no other reason than to take my necro and have people say how awesome he is... Or you must be hacked.... To me that is the ultimate complement since I've built untwinked on ladder.

:teeth:

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
These bots that join games and spam your screen full you can't even squelch them. For some reason they just don't exist.