Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I...hate...im

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by malakho, Aug 31, 2006.

1. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

I...hate...im

Okay, so here's the sob story...

lvlng my zealot in nm, doing solo baal runs. I know, IM knights in world...bad thing for melee chars. But i had done numerous runs before, using my unique balrog spears on switch (nice damage) to take things out until I got to throne room. get there, clear it out, switch back to melee weapon to kill minions.

sudden death syndrome...says i was killed by skeleton mage...what the @#%$&@#

I was on the second round of minions, with the guys who revive the skeletons (forgot there titles). No LE/FE fanat anything, very basic buffs on boss. no extra littel thingss on the sides to kill me, yet a single skellie mage took my entire life buld...grr.

after some serious searching, noticed that one of the bosses must have raised one of the IM knights. He was in the corner of my screen, barely noticeable (saw his shoulder) ahh..hence the IM.

So here's what sucks. the pack had been summoned, I had walked towards them (run actually) to hit with zeal the moment they spawned. During the 1.5 seconds it took me to engage (coulnd't have been much longer) the OK was raised, cast IM (yeah, couldn't cast any other curse, hu?) and i was already in the hiting animation when it happened. Didn't notice cause i assumed it was baals decrep, and besides, i was already in mid zeal and the throne was clear :cry:

Lost all my good melee gear, of course. IM is really broke (what else is new, huh?) But I though I would post this so y'all can be aware. I do like to take risks, but sometimes the circumstances are just plain silly. Its almost like you can't play a melee char in hc...no other charectar type has such an insane risk in specific points in the game.

Malachi

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

As is with HC we learn the hard way!

Any time there are Oblivs in the Throne you must not melee during pack #2........or have a way to use corpses or that cant reanimate mod.

At least it wasnt Hell and lvl 95!!

3. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

rofl...too true
    Yeah it gave me a chance to use some new mid-lvl pally items i found recently

4. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Sorry man =\
    That's the main reason i'm reluctant to make any melee characters.
    I think i'm going to stick with casters :p

5. GodObelisk

GodObelisk IncGamers Member

Golden rule!!

6. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

If I were to make a zealot, I would probably end up having a Gimmershred on, or a nice harpoon for mid levels, to throw with. However, in your situation, I would have probably stayed melee, as there was no immediate threat. That said, I would stick to the halls and other act 5 areas in a full game. I actually get much more satisfaction out of clearing glacial trail/etc. than I do running baal.

Lucky

7. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Yea, but you've always been a weird one Jas...

Good point about the Halls and Trail though :)

-Tai