Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I Hate Hell Difficulty

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Paladuck, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

I Hate Hell Difficulty

I play Hardcore on USWest, and the game is always a blast. Of course, until I hit about level 70ish and I have to move onto Hell...then my life gets incredibly, incredibly sad.

Is it because I can't kill anything in Hell? Is it because I lose a lot of characters there? No...

It's because NOBODY PARTIES. I'm tearing my hair out when I try to make a good Act I or II game and lvl 90s come in, ignore me, and steal my Andy/Meph/Pindle whatever. Public games are usually bearable, but once you get to Hell difficulty the lack of teamwork is vomit-inducing.

2. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

I tend to not play pubbies too often, when I am partied up it is with friends I know and that I can trust. You may be the most honest, nicest person on Battle.net but all the jerks pretty much make partying about as much fun as a root canal. You are probably just falling to the general mistrust of others in hell games. Hell is very dangerous and you pretty much need to be able to trust everyone in your party.....if you can't then you are not only worrying about the enemies but you are worrying about your fellow party members and whether they are going to try to nail you. While of course some people may think this is fun I do not.

On the other hand most of the people that I have partied with through here have been pretty good. Whisper me on Battle.net if you can catch me and my 86 BH pally will in all liklihood be more than happy to help you out a bit.

Kip

*hckip and *hckip1

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

put a lvl req on the game it will stop the lvl 90 guys.....put about 10 lvlss maybe and see what happens.

4. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

u can still start a game and afterwards u can invite those players that joined to a private game to do the quest.

but honestly i think the problem is different.

most often the lvl 90 char is begged for help to kill andy fast etc. if the beg fails those players leave the game after 3 seconds. where is your party then?
    also it doesnt make sense to enter those party games to do fast andy and meph runs. endbosses dont drop more items in 8 ppl game so they lose a lot mf time=speed.

once in awhile i enter public games to use the 8 ppl game experience to my advantage but i decide for a game where i know the party is in a different area than me so that THEY cant disturb me. ;)

its way of very unrealistic that a party will reach act 5 to kill baal when they start in act 1 hell(except the above takes place -beg) so i assume to my advantage this exp is free. its a public game. nobody is forced to do something specific.

or lvl req on game

regards
    Jedi

5. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

I'm so frikkin' paranoid when it comes to HELL. Since I never seem to be able to gear up enough to "safely" venture through HELL I always seem to die all to fast.

So what I'm really saying here is that I don't need help to die.

And considering that other players take great pleasure in watching you die, and are delighted over every chance they get to lead a pack to the next wp or tp you are supposed to enter, I'd rather stay unpartied. Or even play privately.

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

my experience is opposite.

i hate normal especially because of all the frickin noobs there. i want to play through act1 with 8 player, who all know how to kill monsters, so you get your exp fast. Unfortunately, everyone either just wanders off, cant kill **** or goes to leech in sewer runs at level 8.

when you try to get trough the other acts and get some waypoints with other chars you have, the noobs just dont understand what is happening, dont enter the portals or do so only after waiting for 5 minutes. blegh

In hell at least players have some skill. Sure there are some who are mephi and shenk running in your games. but there also are enough to do the quests with you, and the higher level meph runners often come to help you for a moment as well.

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Putting a lvl restriction on your game will definitely solve most of your problems, unless of course you want a high lvl to come in a rush you. Tons of people (myself and my only close online friend that hasn't quit yet included) when not Boss running or playing low lvl chars will join medium-sized to full Hell games and run decent mf areas (Pit/Mausoleum/Countess/Eldritch/Shenk/Pindle/etc). The exp and drops are much better with a few bodies in the game rather than solo.

8. Njx

Njx IncGamers Member

Actually it's not, you might htink it is but its no ( at least for non act bosses which drop better if hte quest hasn't been completed in the game) You probably just get more lucky or something, or you don't get better drops at all.

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Actually it is. I was more referring to running areas than monsters, and most people will agree that you can find just as much if not more off random boss packs and scattered monsters as you can from endless superunique / act boss running. I don't know where you get your info, but drops (and experience, but I assume you weren't talking about that) have always scaled up with the number of people in the game. This was even the case with act bosses back in 1.09 (possibility of 6 drops maximum, chance of rolling a "no drop" for any one of the 6 decreased with every person in game); I'm not sure if that changed in 1.10 though, I imagine it didn't.

I also didn't mean that the quality of the individual drops was better, just the fact that having more drops increases the chances of getting decent items significantly. "Better drops" is just a saying, don't take it so literally.