Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I hate HCL - Please read

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by quickpot, Mar 29, 2004.

1. quickpot

quickpot IncGamers Member

I hate HCL - Please read

Hello all,

I am an avid Diablo II forum reader. I am feeling really sick in the stomach and decided I wanted to post my story instead of holding it inside. Moved to HCL after SCL few weeks ago to see how it is and all. My first character was slow because I was not aware of the power of the enchantress. My first character got to about 20 till it died of lag. No biggie.

So I decided to make an enchantress first so that I can enchant people in the future. With the help of a nice enchantress, I was able to level to 25 in a day and started baal runs. At level 45, I went to nightmare and asked for a nightmare rush and someone (forgot his name) said he would do it for hellforge. Now I know this whole process since I have played in SCL before so I went ahead and agreed to it. As I thought, the guy leaves after hell forge so I did not get my complete rush after all. I wasnt devastated since he had rushed me act 2-4 so I figured the rest would be easy to get. I went ahead and joined a public game "Rush Here Nm" and I saw a high lvl sorc doing rushes for a lower level guy. I asked if I could join the rush since I got ripped off just a min ago and he said sure. This high lvl sorc makes a tp in Chaos Sanctuary and tells me its safe. I notice the other guy is not going in first but did not really wonder why and went in first. Swarm of monsters kill me instantly. I ask why and his reply was something along this line: "You didn't pay me forge. Don't f***ing lie, you know you didn't get ripped off"

Angry, I took a break for a few hours and decided to take another shot at enchantress again. Some high level pally (forgot his name too sorry), gave me some free stuff in a free game to get me geared up for my future enchantress to be. Excited, I spent whole day making my enchantress again. This time, I was more careful after that incident and even though there were a few PK attempts in baal runs, I was able to succesfully level it up to 57 after nightmare baal runs. At 57, I was able to max all my enchant synergies and fire masteries. All excited, I decided to enchant newbies thinking how much it had helped me before.

A bunch of people joined my free enchant game so I was giving enchant one by one... until this pally (I remember HIS name, char name was SrFreud and his acct name was *wfg) who I had enchanted charged me instantly and died on the spot. I never paid attention to why enchantresses are always inside of rogue when they enchant but now I know why.

I lost some good free items I had got from that death.. lidless, hexfire, +2 fire circlet, inferno boots, magefist, etc, but most of all, I had lost precious time spent on making an enchantress so that I could HELP PEOPLE in the end.

So I am sitting here trying to make my enchantress 3rd time but also angry at the same time. I have met my share of nice people in Hardcore, but there are SO MANY childish immature kids that gain some kind of satisfaction out of all this. Why do you do this?

So to end this long boring story, I am wondering if anyone here has an enchantress that can enchant me a few times so that I can level up a little faster.. if not it's ok but thanks for reading my story.

I didn't turn to evil.. YET. just kidding. I would never do these kinds of stuff to others. They just don't know how much it hurts them psychologically.

- hardcore newbie aka enchanthc :O

2. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

If you're on USeast, I have an enchantress that would be glad to enchant you. :)

Edit: Oh yeah, my pvm account is Christor666

3. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

I know what you mean, and I feel for you...

I know this is happening but I never actually thought of why it is..

But in the end , its all a silly game we waste our time with.

4. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Ahh yes, SrFreud. You must be playing on USWest, as that is where that chicken-using pker is.

I have an enchanter that can help you out. *drwrd
    And, correct, most enchanters never leave rogue camp!

Soon you'll learn not to trust most ppl, and don't trust tp's to chaos sanctuary! They are 95% trapped.

Don't worry, I got pked by a bs necro tppk at lvl 84 a few days back, so I feel your pain.

5. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

It happens bro. Tho I wouldn't do that. That's hitting below the belt a little.

Here's a little story kinda on topic.

But I love HCL. Especially when you are in a game trying to finish Act 1 Hell, and some idiot joins and hostiles thinking he's gonna kill you all. Well, it wasn't me this time doing the PK. It was someone else.

Anyhow, the PK DIES this time to someone. And he thought he set loot to one of his friends. In reality, he set loot to someone else by accident. The guy lost (according to the kid who got the stuff) Enigma, Griffons Eye, and his T-Gods. Also his walks and a nice Ravenfrost ring. He was there blaming his friend for stealing and it was just funny.

So the looter confesses. And the PK was just so horribly upset. I wonder... who was that lucky looter!?

What comes around goes around my friend. Remember, in the realms, there is nothing better than the kindness and accidents of strangers.

6. BILLY

BILLY IncGamers Member

Ug srfreud, I along with many others could probably have his ear if it weren't for that dam chicken hack, but dueling is pretty much ruined now since 90% of duelers use it.

Since you are on west, feel free to stop by the gat channel. You won't find anyone to rush you there but you may find some good questers. It's been a little slow lately but you still may see some people in there from time to time. If you decide to come please follow the rules that the bot whispers you. The channel is Op Gat-West and I hope to see you there

7. WillScoot

WillScoot IncGamers Member

PK'ing is not childish or immature.

8. quickpot

I guess SrFreud is notorious for doing these kinds of stuff... Cleglaw_Himself, I tried whispering you from character "enchanthc" but you weren't online. Thanks for offering to help guys.

And I believe PK'ing people who have no business in trying to kill you but only help is very childish and immature. If you wanna PK, go to dueling games where both parties are ready to die..

9. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Yeah, especially when you PK the guy who just enchanted you, or send a trapped TP. These are the most honorable ways of killing people, and make you a paragon of maturity.

I'm sorry for your experience, quick. Your best bet is to find some friends to make the switch with you and play private or find some people from this site to do the same. You ever need help, PM me or whisper *spankythebeaver.

Good luck, and try to have some fun while you're at it.

10. BILLY

BILLY IncGamers Member

The only problem with the dueling games is 90% of the time both parties are not prepared to die as they are using chicken hack. I pk with low lvl chars in appropriate areas and I do the low lvl duel thing as well. If your wanting a fight in hc the best way to do it imo is to join a game, hostile the party and hunt them. Nothing better than spending 5 minutes trying to track down a guy (without using maphack) then killing them.

11. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Um like Cooner said, I thinking that kind of PKing was below the belt. You kill someone who's trying to help you......... Ah yes, the infamous chicken hack, it's funny how some many people brag about their dueling skill when they use this hack. I remember a druid killed a char in a few hits and called him a "noob". A few mins later the same druid fights a barb and the druid chicken hacks out of the game. It's funny how hypocritical some people are. And then you also have those people who use map hack to scan your gear and when they think you're too strong, they just sit in town and run their mouths off. Oh and if you're on west, watch out for chars with xUPsx before their names. This guy is really cheap when it comes to dueling. A lvl 55 sorceress is in the game with him and they're not in act1, then the sorc leaves and the xUPsx pally comes through the wp. Honestly, who here doesn't think he was enchanted? Everyone in the game caught that right away, he then comes back with his 73 zon and gets his *** handed to him by a lvl 45 druid. Then he wants to duel the druid with his ** barb but he immediately disagreed to duel the druid's lvl 80 pally. Yeah, these types of PKers have real skill :uhhuh:.

12. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

You get it wrong, my friend. It is a duel, when both parties agreed to fight. It is PK, when the fighting is not mutually accepted. We are all ready to die at the time we click the "hardcore" checkbox when creating our characters.

Hardcore D2 is more like the real world. People have vicious plans for you. The difference is that: in the D2 realm, they are more direct; in the real world, they do it in the name of good intention (For example: they call it terriorism in the worst form when the opponent uses a 14-year-old as a suicide bomber. And the next day they killed a even younger child in an anti-terriorism campain.)

13. quickpot

You got a point, but I click "hardcore" expecting to die from monsters, not from cheap shots...

14. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Hardcore gaming can be fun, but it takes a lot of heart and planning even luck, to succeed. Its a heartbreak to see all the work ruined by some sonofabtch. You will just have to play smart or this is probably not right for you. play sc-ladder, its different game play but for some ppl that can not afford losing so much time on a char/a game, its a pretty good place to start. Dont listen to some of ppl here that act all "tough" nd stuff. Do you think helping him with some more free gears will do the trick? msg me msg me... i got gears/i can rush u etc... You'd have to learn from mistakes or else hardcore is definitely not right for you. and on a sidenote, I hate people who goes around and tell people to stop crying and play sc u "pusssy". They have no right. playing hardcore requires much more time/effort to be put in. and alot of people have neither of those.
    Bogo

15. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Go back and play with the softies plz.

16. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You wish to know WHY someone destroyed your enchantress like that in such a straightforward and toughtless manner? A person's behavior in an online game is very much like that in the real world (puts on flame retardant suit) EXCEPT that in diablo2 there is no system of punishment to stop "bad" actions on the part of some people. If you think that blizzard is that system of punishment smack yourself across the face a few times because your head is up in the clouds. On b.net there is no system of punishment, no one to monitor you (unless you do something extreme like crash b.net willingly), so people act however they choose, whether it be good or bad. Some people (not myself in particular) act out their frustrations in this game in the forms of slaughtering other hardcore players by any means necessary.

17. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

yeah ive run into that srfreud guy before, he wouldnt duel my bear oh well i think he was scared after my bear slaughtered a lvl 54 assassin

18. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

I've seen SrFreud... he's really pathetic. He goes into act 1 catacomb games with his level 18 trying to get some easy lvl 9 ears. And when I come with a lvl 14 and hostile him, he runs away scared. Some people. *sighs*

-Relativity

19. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

that must have been a while ago.. hes 27 now and ive owned him prob 50 + times in sewers over the last month. He always chickens but its still fun to own him :)

20. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Sure is!
    Kicksin wins every time. I notice he won't fight kicksins anymore.
    I brought in a lvl 30 1 hand/2 hand charger to fight him, but he would not. Hehe.