Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I got some questions about pally build......

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Beowulf_III, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Beowulf_III

Beowulf_III IncGamers Member

I got some questions about pally build......

Hey its me again, I decided to start another pally since the incident with b-net taking my legit pally for no good reason other than that they thought I was hacking :grrr: . I am sorry for posting this if there is a thread about this exact one. I can't quite find it through this new layout.

Well anyways, I just began a pally and he is currently in lvl 20. My problem is that I haven't put any skill points in any skill because I wasn't sure what I wanted. That is why I am posting this. I want to most damaging pally build. I know for sure that I am maxing defiance and holy shield but i wasn't sure what my use would be.

I have heard of Hammerdin's potential but I also saw that zeal now gets synergy bonuses to damage.

I would appreciate a response. And hello to all of you that remember me :flip: .

USEast
    *Khalmar

2. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

For me the melee builds are alot more fun, and with the new syn bonus that zeal has you can pack quite a punch. I never really tried the hammerdin build i mostly have vindicators and zealots going right now. Maybe some1 else will like hammers better idk.. u prolly need more opinions. For me, melee build are the way to go.

3. pesto81

pesto81 IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure Hammerdin is the most dmging build for pally in the game with Avengers coming in second. BTW nice avatar. FFT rules

4. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Well, I can say now that I love my Hammerdin, though (as far as mine is concerned) they're very item-intensive (I almost gave mine up completely until I got my hands on a wizspike).

With my current gear, synergies & +skills I do about 8k dmg w/BH. I'm also using a non-maxed HS & Hell A2 Def. Merc for around 10k Def.

Aiming the hammers can be a bit tricky at times, but in all seriousness, even in MP games, he has an easier time in Hell than he did in Norm or NM. Even though archers/most ranged & small (quill rat/stygian) type enemies can give him a bit of a problem, as long as I'm careful, I can make it past them. :)

5. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I personally like zealots, they are fun :)

Chargers are bad either.

IMO, if you want a cookie cutter, then go with hammers, but I try to avoid cookie cutters, so I avoid hammerdins.

I have a zealot/ranger hybred now, and he is doing pretty well. I also have a zealot/charger that was a kick in the peanut hole. I have not made my own pure charger, but I have played my friends, and when you can 1 hit ko anything pretty much, its kinda cool. 50k phys damage is just fun :)

6. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

I am also a huge fan of FFT, having played completely through the game a total of 16 times, (I guess I'm a HUGE fan).

Currently working on soloing the game with Ramza only. Cheers --

7. Beowulf_III

Beowulf_III IncGamers Member

Ok, so I started a hammerdin and I think he is doing quite nicely. I already do around 45-60 dmg at lvl 21 and I'm loving it! Hammers are flying everywhere and monsters are dropping left and right. This is so awesome!!

I asked around Bnet for opinions and they say that hammerdins are the best way to go for most damage. But I still have a few questions. What type of merc should I get? I already have a lvl 17 cold arrow archer that I started from lvl 4 and she is getting to go somewhere. I was planning on using her to help me mf once i get to it but is there another merc that I should be using?

Lastly, what equipment should I look for? I know for a fact that I should use the HoZ for my shield purely because to a +2 to skills for a boost in power of magic hammers and wizspike for FCR and mana. What about the others?

If any of you are on Bnet and would like to help me on Act 2 - Act 3, I would be pleased to be helped.

USEast
    *Khalmar
    (Khalmar_I)

BTW, I too am a big FFT fan. :wave: I also am trying to solo with Ramza but I am having trouble in the Execution Site....Ramza = Lvl 39 Knight/Ninja/Thief (you know why :clap: ....steal... :uhhuh: )