Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I got a question for y'all

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Tidelwave, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Tidelwave

Tidelwave IncGamers Member

I got a question for y'all

i was jus curious. I had a "friend" who got mad at me and proceeded to delete all my chars any mules. Now i have NOTHING to show for a nice amt of play time. i managed to lvl a sorc up to 75ish for MF purposes but i have no MF items at all! ppl dont trade for gems anymore so how am i spposed to get ahold of good items w/o any MF items to start w/? ive been playing my assn recently cause shes fun but still itd be nice to have items to supply her w/. im not here for pity im jus confused any ideas? USEAST Ladder btw
    ~TW~

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Play the game... Do your quests... they have rewards like Runes (Hellforge/Countess) that can get you what you need to start MFing. People still want Runes and with a few lucky finds you'll be swimming in MF%.

3. flabergaster

flabergaster IncGamers Member

Well first thing is to punch your "friend" in the face.After thats all done go in as many free give away games as you can lol. You can get some good stuff i know because i give away good stuff sometimes. You could always just play until your mf gear slowly adds up.

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I'm sure you have seen lots of MF items, you just haven't realized. Take a look here for the cheapest starting MF build. And as alain said, you can find all those cheapy items just playing through the game - if you haven't already found them.

5. Tidelwave

thanks for replies. But countess/hellforge runs are near impossible for me in any diff above norm for some reason ima lvl my assn more an see what happens. happy valentines every1

6. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Well, I can't imagine giving my password away to someone I didn't know in real life. And if it's a real life friend, ... then there are plenty of things you can do:)

Yeah, a sorc should be easy to start mfing even without gear. And ppl still accept Pgems for items. Check the trade forum.

7. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

"Look over there...its a bird, its a plane....no, its my fist beating you repeatedly"

8. Tidelwave

erm alrite...?

9. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

With a "friend" like that, who needs enemies. Seriously, he deleted your characters, now you should delete his teeth. :D

As to your question, I would run around and restock gems first. If nothing else, you can get some MF by loading up some socketables with PTopazes. That will make for a good start.

10. Color_Wolf

Color_Wolf IncGamers Member

A 4 p-topaz armor + 3 p-topaz helm + 4 p-diamond monarch (or ancient's pledge large shield) goes a looooooooooooong way for a first mf char; back in the old days my HC sorc was using similar setup for nm mep run even after getting her first occy. In sc you can just use those gears to hell mep your way up.

11. ScruffyhawkIII

ScruffyhawkIII IncGamers Member

Gee. Would You Like Some Free Items?

12. Tidelwave

free stuff would help but i came here for advice not handouts

13. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Notice the ""...it was describing an action you should be taking on him, hehehe.

14. Tidelwave

ahhh ok :)

15. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Hahaha, "delete his teeth", that's golden.

16. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

Well you can shop for 20-25 mf gloves and 30-35 mf boots easily at any nightmare/hell merchants. Get some flawless or perf topazes, make 70-96 mf armor, 50-74 helm. Goldwrap isn't hard to obtain either. Some mf amulets/rings can be found easily too. So thats about 200 mf right there. Go do nightmare meph/d/baal and you'll hook back up pretty fast i think. Nightmare meph can drop skulders/occy and most of exceptional uniques, nightmare d can drop all exceptional uniques and some elite uniques (including shako), nightmare baal can drop even more (storm i think). Good luck, all you need is a little patience and hope :)

17. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Other people have mentioned this already, but I'll sum up a quick list of some cheap MF equip you can either find or get from PGems (I don't know about on the channels, but on these forums some people seem to like PGems)

Ptopaz Tarnhelm
    4 Ptopaz Armor
    2 Pdiamond moser's blessed circle
    30% ish Chance guards (no one really likes them unless they are at least 37% or so, so you should be able to get some pretty cheap
    Rare boots with MF/FRW, these aren't that rare
    2 Nagelrings, 25%+
    MF Ammy or +to skills or something like that, or both...
    Weapons whatever, depending on what character type.

I have some extra stuff on my mules I can give you if you'd like. It's not great stuff but it's better than nothing.... my account is *PrinceOfFury_Z if you need

18. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

it beats me how people think they _need_ all kinds of cool uniqes and runewords to play this game
    why do mf runs at all? just play the game and you will find stuff as you go. am i the only person in the world who has some mf gear on in normal gameplay?

19. Tidelwave

thanks for replies :D

20. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

My real life friend did this to me because i pissed him off but a stupid reason(REALLY stupid) and i would never punch him over a game.. never...
    AS for mf... start with the cheap mf stuff and run nightmare meph.. hes fairly easy...go gamble for boots gloves and ammy if you cant find ANY mf stuff... go progressively and try and grab decent trades... it wont be too hard to get rich trust me :).