Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I got a new boat!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CyberHawk, Apr 12, 2005.

1. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I got a new boat!

Well its about time to. I've look for a decent deal for a looong time, and fiannly ran up on one.

Its a Crestliner , Jon boat basically. I do alot of fishing is heavily populated stumps and heavy cover..so a boat like this is pretty much all you see down where I'm from.
    I still cant believe its a new boat..the motor is used, but like a '99 model. The dealer I thought when the deal was done was going to back up...he thought it was a '96 model..he checked it when I left to get the money..and stood by his word..thank God. I called after the deal was done to another dealer about the motor..told him the specs and the condition..he said Its worth easy 1100-1200 dollars..I got it for 600$.OHH YA!.
    But anyways. I look forwards to fix'in it up thru this year, and catching a hell lot of fish. ;)

2. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

I miss fishing. Nice boat, Cyber. Lemme know if you need some company. Uh, then again...(picturing Cyber tying an anchor to my leg and throwing me overboard, for fun)

3. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Meh. This is a boat!

That's a liferaft with a motor. :lol:

Sorry, I fish, but a recent trip on my fiancee's father's 42' Hunter has redefined the word "boat" for me. I'll never look at the water the same way after that.

Anyway, congrats on the find, and I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

4. CyberHawk

Nah I like when other people go. The wife is my biggest companion fishing..but I could squeeze ya in.:)

And DC..ya thats a BIG boat. But it requires the Ocean right?..thats a no no in my book. I prefer fish that cant sever my limbs if I fall in trying to pick it up out of the water. lol.

5. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

lol.

I feel so old school, the only time I fished is on the edge of an island. =/
    Nice boat though. The fact that you bought the boat for a lot cheaper than it supposed to be reminded me of a thread posted a few months ago.

6. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Man, I haven't been fishing out of a boat in ages. Here's hoping for some good fishing in your new toy. :drink:

7. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

I seemed to have missplaced my mine collection....

Nice boat. fishing on a boat is so much better than on land.

8. Lord_Shinnok

Lord_Shinnok IncGamers Member

9. CyberHawk

Well they always say. "People on land are always trying to fish in a boat, and people who have boats are always trying to fish towards land".
    I've caught a lot more fish off the banks, but I enjoy being in a boat more...less snakes.

Also Lord..what is that blowing up? For some reason I really like that picture. ;)

10. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

Awesome! I went on my buddies boat last summer (last time I was on a boat). It was a lot of fun. We went out on Lake Washington.

11. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

me and my grandpa always go fishing in summer, but then he sold his boat cause it was old and he doesnt want to buy a new one, so we go fishing in rivers and lakes instead now, i love fishing :thumbsup:

12. CyberHawk

Did maybe he have a wood boat? I see alot of them still in Reelfoot where I go. The link is just some pictures of lake.
    The good thing about most Jon boats is they last forever. I mean really the only thing that can go wrong is maybe just a little fading (which can buff out), or knocking holes in them from sharp stumps or other debree under the water. Or just losing them going down the road..hehe
    My Dads boat..he bought from his Dad in , which he bouight off his neighbor....wicked. Its a '78 model PolarCraft 1436(which means 14ft. and 36 inches wide in the bottom) Jon. It came with a 6 horse Johnson which still runs today. I tell ya these things can run forever..and 3 generations a boat can last no problem.
    Of course alot of boats are made also from aluminum(sp?) so they are sure worth the money. I always wonder about fiberglass boats. I mean..I dont see many of them near 30 yrs old worth a damn...makes ya wonder why they are so costly.