I got a huge scare yesterday... ... that i don't want to talk about yet (and maybe ever) until i know for sure. (As a result i've been prancing up and down/unable to sleep/work/concentrate/do anything except think about it.) This issue won't be resolved until at least next week, and i don't know how i'm going to keep myself sane for that time. (I'm considering drowning myself in booze but i doubt that will help.) I keep thinking about it in two ways, but i can't decide which way will be more helpful, so maybe you guys can give me a hand. Should I: 1.Be optimistic (and try to concentrate on other things) but risk the possibility of having this scare come true and having to deal with reality then... OR 2.Accept to worst and try to deal with it now, with the possibility of having a false alarm, making me the happiest person alive... How would you handle the situation?