Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I got 5 RORGS with very minimal effort and so can you!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by horadrimm, Jul 10, 2014.

1. horadrimm

horadrimm IncGamers Member

Five in 10 hours with a method called "Junger Farming"...

You may already have your RORG but this method will help you farm a *good* one which you can roll to a trifecta.

How it works: The game has a pity timer, meaning that if you don't get a legendary within an hour or so it drops one for you automatically. The goal the aforementioned method of farming is to ensure that pity drop is in your horadric cache and not in the world.

What to do:

-Do not kill any mobs except those required for objectives.
    -Do not kill goblins.
    -Do not open chests including resplendent chests.
    -Do not destroy breakables (pots, barrels, looting bodies etc)
    -Do not pop fortune shrines
    -Do not kill mobs from required cursed chest and shrine event objectives until the timer has run out.

Avoiding a legendary drop in the world increases the chance the pity timer drops one in your cache.

Who:

Join the Junger Farming community called "Junger Rules" with more info here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673659767

For more details on this farming method:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12675389719

Blues have stated that the contents of caches are determined the moment you obtain the cache, not when you open them, so it doesn't matter when you open them and the pity timer has nothing to do with that.

Any questions?

Flux and Halynn like this.
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

So I park a char in a game and then I open a cache after an hour to get an easy legendary? Can I switch to Torment and get Torment legendaries that way? Do I have to make a certain amount of kills? Or does it only apply to caches obtained during that time?

Besides, what's a RORG?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

RoRG = Ring of Royal Grandeur. Pretty much the most wanted item in the game, it reduces the number of set pieces required for bonus by 1 assuming you have at least 2.

Cache contents are determined at the time you turn in the bounty. There is a thought that there is a "pity" timer and that if it has been "x" amount of time since you got a legendary drop then the chances of getting one increase by an unknown amount. I don't think you can simply sit in a game not killing anything to gain benefit from it, I would assume you have to be actually killing things. Rather than an elapsed "time" I would imagine it's an elapsed number of kills without a legendary drop. Nobody knows positively for sure, but it seems a good idea that when you are doing bounties, do the absolute bare minimum required to finish the bounty and avoid things that have a higher chance of dropping a legendary while doing so leading up to the point where you turn in the bounty.

4. krischan

Thanks.

Well, while reaching L70 is no problem, I've never done T1 for longer than perhaps 10 monsters. It takes too long to be worth it and most boss mobs are too deadly to my characters, so I will collect caches on an easier level and hope for getting torment legendaries, if that's possible. I usually cash in the caches immediately, but I may keep a reserve of one or two from now on, in case I haven't found a legandary for an hour. Even if there's no pity timer, it won't hurt to delay the opening of a few caches a bit :)

5. horadrimm

I got 3 RORGs today in an hour and a half.

I'm convinced that the pity timer isn't a timer at all and doesn't "kick in" after a certain amount of time, but rather resets after every legendary, starts immediately, and slowly ramps up the legendary drop chance.

6. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Im convinced its totally random and is only going to happen when you least expect it. Ive tried saving them, opening, avoiding things, etc etc.. I have about 1600 bounties done and have found 2 so far...

7. krischan

That makes a lot of sense.

BTW, if I get a cache in non-Torment, but open it in Torment, will I have a chance on T-only legendaries?

8. Nodders

Nodders IncGamers Member

-Do not kill any mobs except those required for objectives.
    -Do not kill goblins.
    -Do not open chests including resplendent chests.
    -Do not destroy breakables (pots, barrels, looting bodies etc)
    -Do not pop fortune shrines
    -Do not kill mobs from required cursed chest and shrine event objectives until the timer has run out.

I do aoe mobs when running to the objective , can't help myself .
    I kill all goblins
    I open chests , especially resplendents , got so many legendaries doing that
    I aoe those darn breakables when I can
    I always pop fortune shrines
    I kill all mobs before the timer runs out

I have 12 RoRG's :)

9. horadrimm

Mine just keep coming. This method works.

I'm convinced that the pity timer isn't a timer at all and doesn't "kick in" after a certain amount of time, but rather resets after every legendary, starts immediately, and slowly ramps up the legendary drop chance until you get one.

10. Flux

Flux Administrator

I can not believe you didn't call it the "Junger Games."...?

Weep for such easy lost pun opportunities.

11. Flux

Flux Administrator

That's not possible. This was debated a lot back in April/May and Bliz made changes to stop the exploit (players were finding caches on Normal and opening them in T6 to get huge gold and imperial gems) . Caches now are tied to the diff level you find them on, and you won't get Torment gear from sub-torment finding.

I'm dubious/curious about when/how legs are determined. Bliz initially said it was all set when you found the cache, but that contradicted most player experience. It's hard to tell as you often get just 1 or 2 items per cache, but my exp was finding items for the char who opened the cache, not the one who farmed it. Bliz recently confirmed that smart loot rolls the mainstat for the char who opens the cache, which makes me suspect that's when items are determined; it seems weird the game would determine items when you get the cache, but not actually roll the stats until you open the cache? My exp is that items are determined when you open it; i.e. farm them with a Barb, open with a WD, and you'll see a lot of WD helms and knives.

How the legendary pity timer is factored in is the real question, but it shouldn't be hard to test. Farm up 8 or 10 caches and hold them in your stash, then one day when you don't have time to play but are on your computer, just sit in town and come back to the game every couple of hours and open another cache. (You get disc'ed from game after a time of inactivity, so ideally you'd use a macro to move around some, or just alt-tab back every 10m to keep active.) And count up the legs you find.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  12. Icculus

Icculus IncGamers Member

I tend to agree with the ramp-up mentality, but my experience has been choppier. Every time I play now I run at least 1 a1 bounty before anything else (getting old for sure). I can go several runs with no leg at all and then a few come all in a row. It's not often that I get a leg outside of a string of them, but those drops are usually the good ones for some reason.

I have 819 bounties in and still no ring. My buddy started a new WD and we leveled him to 70 in a night. He had 2 rings the next day. We've played together since D1 days and our styles are very similar. Hard to draw any conclusions.

13. Martialsage

Martialsage IncGamers Member

I follow the Junger rules (and vote kick anyone who doesn't). People argue if it works or not but who cares? Regardless, it is simply the most efficient way to play. Belting past elites and ignoring all chests/clickables means you're on to the next bounty as fast as possible.

I do think it's stupid we need to do this (over and over again in HC) and wish they'd change it. My wish is they'd add the RoRG affix to the hellfire ring. I'd rather farm ubers then a1n split caches, it's still a lengthy process to get a HF ring, and those who want a good one will still take ages. It would be great to have a use for HF rings too!

14. koko

koko IncGamers Member

Elites which count as one for bounties is not the best feature of adventure mode.

-- that still only counts as one...