Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I GIVE UP (unless you can help me...) Random advice and ARMOR help too...

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by C_Narcissus, Feb 20, 2004.

1. C_Narcissus

C_Narcissus IncGamers Member

I GIVE UP (unless you can help me...) Random advice and ARMOR help too...

Ok so I'm practically rich now that I've been MFing for days on end, but I still lack for a good PK kicker. I've read the guides, blah blah blah, but my build sucks. Here's what's what:

20 DTalon
    20 TS (I rarely have time to charge but its there if I need it)
    20 SM
    20 Venom
    prereqs
    a few into MB
    1 into WoI

I could get practically any gear (ladder) that I needed within reason, but here's what I use:

Leviathan
    Thundergods
    Storm (PDiamond)
    Fleshripper (Shael)
    Shako (open)
    Draculs
    Upped Gores
    2x Ravens
    Metalgrid

Most of my charms are geared towards resists and then I have a few MA charms to boost DTalon so I get 5 kicks out of it. Of course there's an anni in there too. When I'm dueling a sorc or trapper or elemental druid in Hell I switch to a 70% Kiras and GA (both are open socketed) and that covers me for 90/90/95/90 with 40% cold absorb and +20 lightning absorb. Ideally I'd use wisps for FoHers and trappers, and dwarfs + rising sun for fire druids or fire sorcs, but I can only hold so much equipment (and I have no wisps yet).

Enter the problem: I CAN'T KILL ANYONE.

My typical drill is the mind blast to dragon flight to dragon talon. During true 1v1's I'll use CoS and WoI but I duel only in public games so sometimes there's no time to use WoI and CoS (taking too much time in a 1v1 means you get jumped by someone else in addition to the one you already were facing) - if they help at all. And here's the specifics on the problems:

Sorcs - I usually don't have a problem with them. BUT the occassional Blizzard sorc is a real ***** and frankly, if Dragon Flight doesn't finish her off, I rarely get to finish those 5 DT kicks cause Blizz kills me immediately (with the Kiras and Ravens and GA).

Barbs - Right... Without Chaos I guess I stand no chance, but shouldn't I be able to do at least a *little* damage to these guys?? Most of them just decapitate me, but the WWers are rough too. I usually land a few kicks and can stand through 4-5 WWs unless they've got Doom, but I rarely do much damage.

Paladins - Hammerdins are impossible, let's get that outta the way. Widowmaker doesn't help, I don't care what anyone says. FOHadins are alright, no problem there. Chargers and zealots and smiters, oh my, I can't even land a kick. This is the biggest problem because most pub games are chock full of melee pallys that I believe I should be able to kill. But I can't.

Necros - No problem here. I run into the occassional enigma/bone spirit necro that's too fast for me but that's very rare.

Druids - Wind druids are rough. I have time enough to get off two or three rounds of DTalon but then I'm flat on my *** dead. Elemental druids and shapeshifters, with the exception of the very rare powerful werewolf, I can manage.

Fellow Assassins - Trappers I can handle sometimes - it depends on if they've got those 10 trap charms. If they haven't maxed everything I can take them. WW sins I can barely damage because I hardly ever land that DFlight. Other kickers usually maul me.

So what's the problem? Can you suggest better armor or weapons for me? Please help! If you have any of the stuff I need let me know and I'll meet you over in the trade forum...

2. Prodigy

Prodigy IncGamers Member

i dont see why your losing so bad...

my test kicker whos got real bad gear (guardian angel lol) can take out blizzard sorcs no problem, even in hell. she barely has 1500 life... and i dont have all the pretty items you guys have in ladder either :(. fade > bos imho.

3. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

remake the assa and max dragon flight.

one point in WOI is a waste. maybe WOF + MB is better for you too... IF you even need to stun your openent.

charge ups are a complete waste in pvp

4. C_Narcissus

I actually put 1 into WoF not WoI, my typo mistake. Also, I found an Ohm last night while doing some MF runs, should I trade it for something or make a chaos claw? Or should I make CTA and hope that the life and defense boost helps me pvp??

5. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Bite the bullet and definately make chaos. You already have 20 in venom, which will be your staple kill skill with it. Im sure you have quite a bit of dext and should have eneough AR to hit good and still block while whirling. Anyway most definately make it, and dont use no scissors suwayyah either, they look totally ugly as heck like some freaking hedge clippers. That right there alone will allow you to take out chargers, smiters, zerk barbs, wind druids and alot more.

PPS: Don't use scissors suwayyah! ITS UGLY!

6. C_Narcissus

I was afraid someone would say that! I really enjoy kicking, and my assassin does too (she thinks she's on broadway). Ok bad pun... On a side note, if I do bite the bullet and then can't stand using Chaos - how tradable is it?

7. Bonescorpion

Bonescorpion IncGamers Member

Lol she looks like a female edward scissorhands, trim the hedges anybody??

8. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

If you have choose WB instead of TS things will be alot more easier for you. You could have save up tons of point from DEX to VIT, the additional +skills from a second claw will boost up your other offensive/defensive skills. Not to mention you will have no penalty in running, and can block lot of the attacks the shield cannot block.

Equip with Jade Talon provides you a big jump in resistance and the +skills in MA and Shadow is just nice, and free you up some gear for better items. Optimized more on Open Wound item, couple with your Venom, can be very devastating.

You might loose out the PDR from Storm, but looking at your problem listed, WB will serve you better.

9. C_Narcissus

Hey guys. Thanks for all the help, but without remaking my assassin I've made a few simple gear changes and now I can drop most pallies and barbs, and I even got a compliment that I was "the best assassin" this barb had ever seen. Too bad I still wasted 40 skill points...

The changes I made? Ditched fleshripper, made a Chaos claw. Ditched old armor, made Archon Stone. I'm a tad bit harder to hit, I have perfect FHR so I can't really get locked, it adds a bit to my stats, and the Chaos speaks for itself. Adds magic damage and OW to kicks, it's INCREDIBLY fast with the runic talon I made it with, allows me to WW barbs and pallies, and then the frozen orb and charged bolt is just graaavy. I'm happy now. :)

10. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

what is your attack rating? a huge attack rating gelps alot

11. C_Narcissus

I've got about a 13k DTalon attack rating, and a 5k WW attack rating. DFlight is somewhere around DTalon, maybe a tad higher.

12. C_Narcissus

Nobody should ever waste their items or runes attaining Nats set... MEH, Chaos and Stone beats it hands down.