Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

i get poisoned by who?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by nebux, Oct 12, 2006.

1. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i get poisoned by who?

i play a frostmaiden now and just P8 NM baal runs.
    after i kill the all second wawe mumies ( Acmel?) i came close to kill the scatered skeletons.
    in that moment i get poisoned by who?
    there are no mumies left only 2-3 skelies that managed to escape my FA arrows
    EDIT i play 1.11b SP

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Since we are on the topic of Achmel, has anyone else noticed the frequency certain chars get poisoned more compared to others?
    For example, sorcs seem to always be poisoned, whereas with my necro, he rarely gets poisoned during Achmel's wave.

Also, what is the range of Achmel's poison? I noticed that when I teleport with my sorc to the very edge of the screen, she doesn't get poisoned. But if she walks closer to Achmel, she'll get poisoned. This is in contrast to my necro that often doesn't get poisoned even when he is a few yards away from Achmel.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Achmel, and other higher unravellers, poison with their blood stars, not just venom breath. So, if you draw closer to one you tend to be targetted by their missiles and you'll be green in no time. There is also a delayed poisoning that may or may not be related to the infamous 1.10 desynch: you simply don't see the attack. Ever kill Pindleskin and all of his buddies, yet ten or so seconds afterward you hear/feel some sort of charge or lightning spark hit you? Pretty much the same type of thing.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Could be desynch, but usually isn't. There isn't any poison dmg on their unholy bolts, it's really a poison aura from Achmel. If you stay out of range of the unholy bolts (10 yards) you'll only rarely be poisoned.

5. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i know that achmel has a poison aura from a past post of you (@RTB)
    but after he is dead?