Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I found this axe....

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by hexisle, Feb 10, 2004.

1. hexisle

hexisle IncGamers Member

I found this axe....

Right i have already posted this on the druid and barb forum.

I found a hellslayer axe with a 39/9 ed jewel on an old mule account the other day and i want to build a character around it. I started with the barb and they said it was no good to them and it was a better druid weapon, then i went to the druid forum and they said it was far to slow to be of any good to them and they pointed me in the direction of the paladin forum saying it was a good weapon for a charge paladin.

Please guys help me out, i have never seen a charge paladin with a 2 handed weapon but there must be someone out there that has built one and can give me some hints/point me in the direction of a guide.

I am about ready to fall on this axe and have done with it. I thought i had found a decent weapon but obviously not.

Your my last hope guys. I really cant see a sorc with this weapon but.............

2. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I though you just got done talking in the druid forums that you didn't want a charging "tin can" is how I believe you said it...

Hellslower is not the best weapon for any melee build. It can be a good one, but for every class, there will be something better than it.

~Kbob

3. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

You always can make a pure charger and charge suicide while yielding: YA-HOOOO!!!!

Edit: Max charge, fana, vigor.....and pray (he!, not the skill the last one)

4. tk421

tk421 IncGamers Member

Try Amazons next!

I would think an Amazon could make great use of it! Of course the bow tree and the jav/spear trees would be useless, but there is still that critical 3rd tree! Axezon? AmaSlayer?

Maybe an Assassin? AssSlayer? HellSin?

Seriously, I have a Hellslayer that I thought would be awesome to use, until I swung it. I found I could do more dmg in a few seconds with a shaeled phase blade doing 35 dmg, since I hit like 5-6 times as fast. It is crazy how slow the Hellslayer is for Druids, and I don't see Pallys giving up their resists and + skills on the shield for a few more pts of dmg. I think it is a good weapon if that is all that you have. But most ppl will have or find better, mostly due to the speed.

5. Farnham_the_Drunk

Farnham_the_Drunk IncGamers Member

Yes you'd be much better off using an eth BOTD beserker axe for a melee char

6. hexisle

hexisle IncGamers Member

oh well back to the mule it goes.

Thanks guys

7. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

Blade fury sin. 3/4 weapon damage is used per star. Not sure on the other mods, but open wounds makes this evil. Check the assassins.