I found this axe........

hexisle

Diabloii.Net Member
I found this axe........

While looking through a forgotten mule account I found a hellslayer axe with a 39/9 ed jewel in it and i got to thinking " mmmm its a while since i played a character that hits things" and I was wondering if anyone out there could suggest a good build for me to try?

Thanks

Hex

boochie61

Diabloii.Net Member
On a barb the only viable build for a hellslayer, I feel is whirlwind with conc for tanking one on one. Speed isn't the goal with ww. Otherwise I would build a werewolf with it since wolves get automatic fast attack with that particular weapon.

Taz

Diabloii.Net Member
Try a throwing barb ^^.Be sure to get it back after each throw.It would be quite original not to mention the dmg.Also use razortail for xtra piercing.
Or do some concentrate barb.Is not that original but is fancy.

JohnofTesh

Diabloii.Net Member
My biggest complaint with the Hellslayer is it's so darn slow. WW is not a good option because of the speed and the range 3. A 2-handed berserker is an option since you can get your ias from anywhere on that build. I don't have an iron barb, so can't recommend yea or nay on that, but I am sure someone else can. In 1.09 it was a good druid weapon, but I haven't heard what they are going with now.

royalsego

Diabloii.Net Member
hellslayer like a lot of high dmg weapons has its pros and cons, in this case, its the speed, you'd be better offering the hellslayer to a druid...