I found this at battle.net

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
I found this at battle.net

The following report has been passed on to the appropriate team. Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee that a future patch will be released and also if one is released, none of these issues are guaranteed to be addressed. We are also well aware many of you would like a Ladder Reset therefore it was not included in the report. If one is announced, it will be posted on our websites and most likely in this forum.
This was post by a blizzard person. you can see the report at battle.net in the in the diablo general discussion thread.

looks like blizzard is done doing anything with diablo 2. So that means 1 we are going to see diablo 3 or WoW is going to be their baby till the end of time.

its kinda sad in a way. but we will see what the future hold. the person that posted this is on the last page and his screenname is nick.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
That was back when that nick guy posted a request for suggestions for a possible future patch or even expansion. Once a list was compiled, he said thanks and left. That part of the post was just to ensure that people didn't take the post to mean a new D2 patch was imminent.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
Not that old about 3 months. more information that what we have gotten so far.

thought about calling blizzard support tomorrow and seeing if they could tell me anything. I like playing the game for playing the game.

if they are going to let it die i just wish they would tell us. we will see.

because if d3 does come out then i see them shutting down d2.

bahbah

Diabloii.Net Member
They probably won't completely shut down D2, cause can't you still play D1 over Battle.net?

I know D1 was still running around 3 years ago even though there weren't many people. So even if D3 comes out, D2 will likely be running with a severely reduced number of servers.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that even if you haven't seen that already, we all knew this is the way it is. I mean, this game is over six years old now - it's amazing we even got 1.10.

Although I'd settle for bug fixes and some elementary balance issues. And how hard is it to reset the Ladder? Can't they just automate that?

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Not that old about 3 months. more information that what we have gotten so far.

thought about calling blizzard support tomorrow and seeing if they could tell me anything. I like playing the game for playing the game.

if they are going to let it die i just wish they would tell us. we will see.

because if d3 does come out then i see them shutting down d2.
We had a discussion thread about it a while back... It's probably still in the suggestions forums somewhere...

If you're going to try and call Blizzard, then I hope that you are prepared to waist about 15 minutes or more of your life that you'll never get back... Reading their website while DClone hunting or something will get you the same information, perhaps more, and with less agravation, plus you'd be doing something productive... I'm sure they don't have a "press 9 for super top secret info on all things Diablo II related" option...

Games don't die... They will always have a comunity... For example, did you know that there are people that still play Quake 3? Even more of a shocker, there are people that still play Quake 2! Online comunities that play death matches and the like... Diablo II will never die, but will move to this kind of format should they pull the plug on Battle.net... And with D2, D1, WCII, WCIII, and SC will go with it...

*Requiem_Death

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
*Click*

"Hello, Mr Blizzard sir, I bought this game of yours six years ago that I still play over the net on your free servers that cost you a fortune to run, maintain and police. I was wondering if you could spend thousands of dollars to release a new patch with heaps of new content, all exquisitely play-balanced and... hello? Hello?"

*Bzzzz*

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I know that people still play Medal of Honor AA by the buttload, and it is really old. In fact, I saw a website a while back that had a list of who was playing what, and it was in the top ten for most servers, up there with BF2 and America's Army.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not looking for them to play have new patch come out. they have already come out with 3 patches already.

personaly i could careless if they reset the ladder since i play nl anyway.

however it would be nice to know what they are going to do.

I do like the game and i do like playing on bnet. tried playing single player just not that much fun. i guess me and a friend could do a direct connection and play if it came to that. in any event.

hopefully they will still keep it up and running like they do SC, and the other games.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
*Click*

"Hello, Mr Blizzard sir, I bought this game of yours six years ago that I still play over the net on your free servers that cost you a fortune to run, maintain and police. I was wondering if you could spend thousands of dollars to release a new patch with heaps of new content, all exquisitely play-balanced and... hello? Hello?"

*Bzzzz*
Just thought I'd add to your call by saying: dont forget to mention how so many skipped work to play this game. That meant lost wages of course. So bnet owes them money :wink3: I say its only fair they bring a class action suit against bnet and ask for some sort of compensation :rolleyes:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, those court cases against tobacco companies has probably opened the door... they knew it was addictive and sold it anyway! I know I've lost countless hours of productivity.

Bah, I just would've wasted it anyway...

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
As I said before, the Starcraft ladder gets reset, and it doesn't actually mean anything to anyone, and I bet fewer people play (the original, non expansion) Starcraft then LoD.
And that thread asking for suggestions on the b.net forums has to either mean a patch or ideas for D3. And who says "no guarantee" means "no" anyway? Blizz is always coy about this stuff.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know how I feel about a ladder reset, really. I only just started on the ladder recently, and I've barely gotten anywhere; only one char has completed the game and I've found hardly any decent gear - particularly the higher runes I can cube for and some of the juicy ladder-only runewords, that's mostly the reason I went on the ladder. On the other hand, they're all lonely and cut off from my beloved off-ladder chars.

BlueDogAnchorite

Diabloii.Net Member
I kinda hope there isn't another ladder reset, because that will mean some of my friends will convince me to play again one day and I won't be happy until all my characters are outfitted as well as my previous ones. I got EXTREMELY lucky wealthwise this ladder and it's gonna take a long time to get back up to that level once again.

toastifer

Diabloii.Net Member
*Click*

*Bzzzz*
How about fixing the game I spent $80 on six years ago so it finally works as advertised? Get rid of the bugs that have been there since the beginning, including fend missing, and charge locking up everything. And how about implementing that cheat-proof system that was promised?

The only 'new' feature I'd like to see is enabling all the runewords and allowing some way to activate the world events in single player.

Resetting the ladder while there are still ways to dupe is pointless.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
How about fixing the game I spent $80 on six years ago so it finally works as advertised? Get rid of the bugs that have been there since the beginning, including fend missing, and charge locking up everything.
That would be nice. Although if they'd quit it with the new content they might've fixed those bugs ages ago, the silly sods.

And how about implementing that cheat-proof system that was promised?
Heh, that was silly of them... "cheat-proof", LOL.

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
thats because silly that was $80 6 years ago.

i figure the lifespan of the project has run out. as stated before the diablo team that made the game isn't there anymore.

the fact that 6 years later it is still up and running is amazing to me. As of right now they probably don't have to keep it up and running.

I don't dupe myself although i probably have items that were duped there is no way to tell.

i have had them for several months now and they are still there so what can ya do.

the fact they came out with 1.11 and 1.11a was amazing to me. enjoy the game and have fun until d3 comes out if it does.

and hopefully they will keep it an open free game. i like diablo but i can't afford to pay a subscribtion fee. have a family and kids that are more important.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I still play over the net on your free servers that cost you a fortune to run, maintain and police. I was wondering if you could spend thousands of dollars to release a new patch with heaps of new content, all exquisitely play-balanced and...
poor poor Blizzard can barely pay the bills

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, those court cases against tobacco companies has probably opened the door... they knew it was addictive and sold it anyway! I know I've lost countless hours of productivity.

Bah, I just would've wasted it anyway...
I'm sure that, given the right amount of money I can overcome my pain, grief (which btw cost me an arm and a leg to get since those runes dont drop often :laugh: ), suffering and torment tho :D. and slowly but surely I'll then buy better equipment for my chars, spend more time playing, sue them again several times over. And the way I see it? In 3? or so years I'll be richer then Bill Gates. and yes I came up with this plan ALL by myself :girly: