Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I found a Windforce, now help me with build

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Hrus, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Hi all. This is my weak Demon Huntress (I am selffound).
    I found a Windforce yesterday with my Barb (with ~160DEX) and I thought I would try to run A1 at MP1 or A3 at MP0, but I am not sure how to build it to be durable (somehow use the better damage of Windforce and it's knockback) and faster without having to kite champions.

I used to run A1 at 1.04 with this build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fPXdVl!ZYb!bZabbb
    but it can't handle 1.05 MP1. Also I would like to not kite so much. Any good 1.05 builds?

I would welcome any suggestions. Please bear in mind my low damage and survival ability. thanks for response.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. Ship Soo

Ship Soo IncGamers Member

I ran with evasive fire for a long time. I eventually came to the conclusion that it was a crutch.

It also always drained my discipline very fast, so that I wouldn't have enough when things got rough.

I even managed to backflip into a few deaths, since if you get surrounded...well backflipping into a descecrator/plauged/molten is bad.

I think if you buy some 10-12% move speed boots you can feel better about sticking and moving and replace evasive with either bolas or my new favorite, grenades.

I'd also replace spider with the bat, since the +3 hatred means many more cluster bombs.

Replace tactical adv with archery: a nice 15% dps boost for you

Do you have any life on hit? Windforce will supply some leech, but without gloom, you really are very glassy.

I've been running grenades/cluster bomb with the grenadier passive and its really been working nice. You have to be more 'tanky' for that though, since you are alot closer to the action.

My build:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ShipSoo-1233/hero/6805587

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Well, buying items is not an option (I am selffound). The build I am linking is obsolete and I am actively looking for another build. I am now trying different skills (but not usually satisfied with them). For example I though that Ball Lightning would knockback them back if I use windforce, but it's not the case. Evasive fire is one of the skills I am not really satisfied, but it worked quite well with tactical advantage. (And a room to backtrace). The only skills that will probably stay (I am satisfied right now) are Vault/Tumble, Preparation/Battle Scars and Rain of Vengeance/Stampede (it keeps champion packs of me while doing nice damage)

4. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

If you want to take advantage of knockback on the windforce, you'll need something with a high proc scalar. So I would forget about many of the popular skills like hungering arrow, multishot and cluster arrow. Instead, you'll probably want to try out entangling shot (80%), nether tentacles (50%) and ball lightning (25%). To keep enemies knocked back, you'll need as much %ias as you can get- this is probably why you didn't find ball lightning that effective, although even with a lot of ias, locking opponents with ball lightning doesn't really work out that well (but it works much better with entangling shot). If you can consistently keep monsters away from you, then you can take along steady aim. The rest of the skills would be picked to round out your character- a lot of defensive skills if you are lacking in defensive stats, and more offensive skills or movement skills if you are not. If you decide to stack ias, you might want to consider adding the bat and/or getting gear with +hatred regen, since you'll be using it up much faster.

Of course, if you're not building around the ias, then you're more open to what you can do.

5. Dethklok

Dethklok IncGamers Member

A good Windforce build makes sure the knockback triggers often. In terms of gear, you want attack speed... but you're self-found apparently so that advice only goes so far.

Skillwise, here's my advice, keeping in mind that I can't see your gear (I'm on my android) so all I have to go on is "self-found" andd "weak":
    L-hungering Arrow, 50% pierce rune. This has a solid proc rate and, if the knockback triggers and the arrow pierces, the arrow can seek out the same target and potentially knock it back... again.
    R-elemental arrow, ball lightning. The proc rate here is only 50%, when other skills can get higher, but this can hit lots of clumped monsters and has 100% pierce for the possibility of double knockback off one shot. (Another good rune is screaming skull, which is more single-target but pretty much guarantees what you're firing at will never reach you.)
    1-rain of arrows, dark cloud. This has a chance to proc windforce so its defense and offense at once. It has a cooldown, so save it for elite packs or fast-moving monsters.
    2-sentry, spitfire. For undergeared DHs, sentry is very good, since you normally won't have enough dps to just breeze through packs. If you stand in one spot for even 3 sentry attacks, that's 525% damage. Hard to beat that. Guardian turret seems attractive but it will mess you up by having you stand still when you should be kiting.
    3-shadow power, gloom. Reflects damage is hard enough to deal with when you AH like crazy, for selffound it must be a nightmare. Gloom solves that problem.
    4-vault, trail of cinders. You probably won't have enough discipline to use Tactical Advantage, so save this purely for when you're surrounded and need to get out. Trail is the best rune because nothing solves being surrounded better than killing your attackers.
    Passives:
    Archery: you're using a bow. Nuff said.
    Vengeance: I didn't recommend preparation, and with self-found getting enough crit for nightstalker is probably too hard. This is your best route to discipline regen.
    Perfectionist: this helps with survivability, which self-found has problems with.