I found a Gul, what use is it?

intothinair

Diabloii.Net Member
I found a Gul, what use is it?

Ok so I found my first decent rune: a Gul (from the pits)
I only use runes i find myself, so what's the best runeword to make?
All the decent gul runewords seem to need another high rune, so I could put it to oneside till I find big one, but at my current find rate that'll be 6mnths minimum!

pliu

Banned
GUL is the most useless high rune to make a rune word. The only good one may be DEAH Hel + El + Vex + Ort + Gul

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The Death runeword needs a Gul rune. You can also try to get another Gul and cube a Vex rune, for HotO. It's possible on ladder only, however.

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
I have one of each rune up to and including Vex. All I have found or cubed myself. On another account I have a mal and a few others lower than that.
It took numerous countess runs and 10 Hell hell forges.

Before the ladder ends I will either make a death or a HOTO.
I thnk you should hang onto that gul till you get another one to make a vex, if you are on ladder that is.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Better make Death because it's ladder only runeword. Then get a BotD. Your next frenzy barb will be extremely grateful for that. Non-ladder is full of HotOs anyway.

sbn

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't know if this would work or not, but what about just holding on to it until after the next full ruststorm is run. Then after all the duped runes disapear, which will be most :), wouldnt the Gul be worth a lot more?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Don't know if this would work or not, but what about just holding on to it until after the next full ruststorm is run. Then after all the duped runes disapear, which will be most :), wouldnt the Gul be worth a lot more?
Since the beginning of the current ladder, HR prices dropped continuously and they never went up (at least not that significantly that I can remember it) which means that no mass deletion of runes has taken place since then, only poofing of runes and items. As soon as Blizzard announces a reset, HR prices will go up on ladder because people will start making ladder only runewords from it, but they might announce it 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, they might make a surprise reset or no reset at all will be performed anymore. Nobody knows...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, that just made me wonder - if you take some duped runes and cube them into higher runes, will they poof? What if some of the component runes are dupes and some aren't?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
pgraded runes are told to have poofed, so for each rune Blizzard might keep a record of each single rune which has been used in its upgrading history. Of course, in theory it's possible to cube a HR from an incredible number of low runes, but that would require the gathering and cubing of all these runes as well, so I doubt that's really a problem with respect to maintaining such a record.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
On that note, anyone up for hording together 14 trillion El runes to cook up a Zod?

14281868906496... that's how many you'd need.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
pgraded runes are told to have poofed, so for each rune Blizzard might keep a record of each single rune which has been used in its upgrading history. Of course, in theory it's possible to cube a HR from an incredible number of low runes, but that would require the gathering and cubing of all these runes as well, so I doubt that's really a problem with respect to maintaining such a record.
This is impossible. Blizz cannot possibly keep a record of each rune that is used to cube it. Otherwise, dupe and cube from El will simply kill the server.* I reckon if anything is done at all, it would be some hashing or some sort, or by keeping the trace up to only a limited number.

*Reason: Either that Blizz copies the whole trace if you dupe, or Blizz does not. If they do, it will kill the servers since it will have 14281868906496 records just for a single zod rune. If they do not, then the duped rune will have different attribute than the original, making it legit, hence won't even poof at all.