Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I feel luckey

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shadolupin, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Shadolupin

Shadolupin IncGamers Member

I feel luckey

Hey all i just got my pally past the hell hell-forge and i got a GUL, isnt that the highest possible to get or sumtin? Any ideas on wut i should do with it? Btw does char lvl matter on the hellforge? my pally is lvl 78.

2. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Nope, char lvl is independent. Thats why some people do Hellforge runs. Just rush a char to Hell Hellforge to get a rune (Hel-Gul)

My suggestion, either wait for another to cube it or make a Kingslayer glorious axe.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Hi Shadolupin and congratulations on your glorious find (why does everyone get Gul but me:() I'd wait for another Gul and make a Vex for HOTO, but there has already been a big discussion in this thread

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=326489

As you can see HOTO won the poll... You know you want to:)

4. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

1. its "lucky " not "luckey". "something " not "sumthin". "what " not 'wut'

2. do you really need a new thread for this? how about putting it into the Daily thread - thats what its there for.

3. and not every little progress or setback you have in the game needs a new thread - meaning your other one in all caps going BooHoo - so refer to 2.

4. fer chrissakes, grow up

5. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I'll just second what Vajurewi said. It's not really neccessary to get an update on you're progress through every phase of the game. The 3 threads you have here could easily have been condensed to one.

Also I think it would be a super idea to continue with the all caps and complete lack of anything resembling correct spelling. It just makes all your posts a joy to read. ;)

6. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

It's "for" not "fer", "Christ's sake" not "chrissakes" :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

7. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

And two more corrections to the post by our self-styled Official Forum Pedant, vajurewi:

In bullet point #1:

"its" - This should be "it's," since it is a contraction for "it is."

In bullet point #2:

Same grammatical error.

Also, since you are writing sentences, you might want to consider the English language tradition of capitalizing the first word.

8. ron

ron IncGamers Member

What are these forums for, if not to share our game experiences? I do not see what is wrong with his post. I also was not aware that we were being graded on spelling or grammer here.

9. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

These forums are for sharing our game experiences, but we have rules here of how we do that. For instance, when you find something great, it goes in the Item Find Thread, or in the Daily. When you want to talk OT, you got to the EMB or the DooL. And when you want to talk leet speak, you go to bnet.

10. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Allright, I'll report this thread before it starts to become a flamewar.

Finding a Gul is great, but it should be posted in either the Item find Thread or the Daily Threads if you like. I won't comment on the spellings, you guys figure that one out by yourselfs, trough PM.

''Mil & Sam''

11. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Definately beginings of a flame war here. One of the nicities that this forum seems to have over many other public forums on the net is that this community really doesn't seem to be interested in flaming. It bores us. Correcting someone's spelling, or grammer is so 2003. A guy gets his first Gul, and just because after a couple years of play, that accomplishment wanes in people's opinion, they tell him to post elsewhere. Yes... there are other places for this. No, he should not be flamed for it.

12. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Use it and a Lum to upgrade an exceptional unique weapon to elite. Ideally something cool not many people use, like a Crainte Vomir. I´ve always thought that weapon would be a beast as a Legend Sword, in the hands of a barb merc.

13. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

@jiansonz: I don't know if you have something wrong with your eyes or with your memory :) ... Shadolupind has found a GUL, not a PUL.

Grammar thing: I was not flamed for my English. And I think my English is not very good (sorry guys for my spelling/grammar/typo errors). But it's easier to me when I read the "proper" English. On the other hand I am quite tolerant to other people grammar/typo errors, even leet language. I don't see a reason to be flamed for this kind of things here...

14. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Because THREE seperate threads in a timespan of three hours all about the progress/problem of the same char is getting very annoying, and perhaps downright spam. Occasional misspelling is not a problem, but when people intentionally misspell like "sumtin", "wut", it annoy the hell out of me, and a lot other people.

15. ron

ron IncGamers Member

I said my piece and I meant it. My intention was not to start a flame war, I just don't understand other peoples needs to be critical of others posts. The grammer was not good, but was still readable and understandable. Granted it could have gone into the Item find thread, but the Guy got excited about a great rune find. I say congrats, not this post doesn't belong here.

16. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Ok guys, let this thread die.

I PMed Shadolupin with my comments last night. I suspect he has the message.

As for grammar, spelling and such: The official language of rpgforums.net is English, but I believe we have a high tollerance for non-native English members who are doing their best with the language. We really don't tollerate leet-speak here (except in some of the OT threads ;) ).

Like I said, let's let this die now.

17. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

I agree with AE's sentiments.
    over and done.
    btw - I intentionally misspelled something so as not offend those people who dont take the Lord's name in vain.

18. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

It was more the connection 'Lucky' -> rune with a name of -ul. Because of the way I play, I value Pul much higher than Gul, so I guess the back of my mind just assumed S. had found a Pul.